• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
The impression I got from a lot of the streamers videos was that their Souls muscle memory was making the game harder. It's a game where you have to unlearn how to play Soulsborne games and acclimate to Sekiro's mechanics and gameplay. A lot of the skill doesn't immediately translate due to the wider moveset and different approach to combat

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if people going into this who arent so experienced in Souls games or don't play them regularly will find it easier to adapt to this game

I also got the impression that's it's just harder than the Souls game regardless. The difficulty of Souls was in the obscurity of the general mechanics, the actual combat was never all that demanding.

Oct 25, 2017
I also got the impression that's it's just harder than the Souls game regardless. The difficulty of Souls was in the obscurity of the general mechanics, the actual combat was never all that demanding.

Yeah. BB doesnt tell you about about I-frames and dodging through enemy attacks. Once you know you can, the game becomes very surmountable

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With literally any other game and developer, everyone here would be ready to declare bomba or some shit.

It looks like it'll be pretty good, but the fact that review copies aren't going out early raises some questions for me.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I think they are working very hard to keep something(s) about this game secret—not just to keep it ambiently shrouded in mystery, but maybe to delay some specific piece of information from becoming publicly known for as long as possible. maybe it's a story twist, maybe it's some mechanical shift partway through the game that they haven't teased whatsoever, who knows. either way, I get why not sending review copies might be spooky to some people, but for this game, from this developer, I'm inclined to think it's a legible extension of something involving the game itself

Oct 25, 2017
With literally any other game and developer, everyone here would be ready to declare bomba or some shit.

It looks like it'll be pretty good, but the fact that review copies aren't going out early raises some questions for me.

They are going out and are already out.

Edit: read a page or so back. Reviews will be enbarges until release I believe but impressions from reviewers have started trickling out in this thread.

Oct 25, 2017

Truth be told, after Demon Souls, Dark Souls (series) and Bloodborne, I was already in, reviews or no. As long as Miyazaki is at the helm, it's a safe bet. Plus the previews have been overwhelming positive.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Just as well, it should be noted Miyazaki directed the rather terrible Armored Core 4 so not truly untouchable. I have my worries.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
Just as well, it should be noted Miyazaki directed the rather terrible Armored Core 4 so not truly untouchable. I have my worries.
If you're a fan of previous FromSoft games and you've watched any of the preview reaction videos floating around on the web and you STILL have worries, then I don't know what to tell you.

Game looks hella good all around. I'm ready for some deep dives into the lore of this thing.

Bernkastel

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil
Naughty Dog and Koizumi's team at Nintendo.
MV5BY2NlZjJjZTctYjM4Ny00OTZiLWFmYzctODdjNmFhNzcwMDUxL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU3OTI4MDU@._V1_SX823_CR0,0,823,999_AL_.jpg

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
If I were excited about the game, I'd still be excited about it. Reviews mean almost nothing to me other than entertainment. I've hated games that got great reviews and loved games that got terrible reviews.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck dude/dudette. Spoiler free context, please!

Insanely high praise is what I like to hear!
Now this is news!

This is what I love to hear!

This is why I came back into this thread just now - hoping to see something exactly like this! If there's any way you can give us a spoiler free context as mentioned above, please do!

I didn't ask for details, as I'm staying in the dark for this game. He did say that he's never been more excited to talk about a game in his 8 years of games coverage, and that Fromsoftware has done it again, it's another Miyazaki masterpiece.

Embargo is very strict for good reason also.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I didn't ask for details, as I'm staying in the dark for this game. He did say that he's never been more excited to talk about a game in his 8 years of games coverage, and that Fromsoftware has done it again, it's another Miyazaki masterpiece.

Ya thats what I figured regarding the embargo. From is hiding something from us.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
^np, that's what I figured :P

Been hearing nothing but insanely high praise from someone with a review copy. Expect a 91-94 MC for this one..

This is what I like hearing.

I predicted on another forum that it would be FROM's best game. It's got the movement and combat on lock imo.. and I trust an interesting story/world with lots to uncover and explore. Plus 60fps on PC..

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I don't know how people can look at this and think it will be mediocre or not good. I have very little interest or affection towards the Soulsborne games but this looks outstanding from preview footage and impressions. Maybe it won't be perfect in the end and have flaws, like all games do, but so far it looks very promising.

Oct 25, 2017

Good shit. Thanks for clarifying.

Hoping the Future Press guide expounds a bit on key members of the team.

Miyazaki is great and all but he ain't doing this all by himself.

Edit: Can you say what console said reviewer is playing on?

Lusankya

Oct 27, 2017

I really can't wait for it. Good thing I am on a business trip and will come back Friday early in the morning. That way I am too busy to get spoiled (hopefully) and will arrive just in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.