• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 47076

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
I don't think people understand how broken multiplayer would be for this game. It's designed around using grappling hooks on small objects like branches.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Normal Kos took me like 5 hours to beat, cant even imagine how long ng+++ Kos would have taken me :)

But if that 13 hour boss is like a secret, optional, super hard boss, that's fine. I will just try it a couple of times and then go "nope, not going to happen" and return to the main path :)

This is very true. I remember everyone saying how hard father gascoigne was, and he took me...2 tries and I really had 0 trouble with him. But there were bosses in dark souls that people said where easy and took me a ton of tries. Not having the coop to fall back on is a shame imo though.
Yeah I never had any major issues with Gascoigne, in all my playthroughs I died a lot more to Cleric Beast.

I'm curious how I'll find this game. One thing I notice with other players of the Souls games is they tend to make more effort with leveling and build maximisation, whereas I can't be bothered. This can make bosses a harder fight for me. If Sekiro has less scope to make a build "wrong" I think there's a chance I could actually find it easier in my playstyle.

Oct 27, 2017
For me it comes down to whether it is worth stopping DMC5 and starting Sekiro. And I guess it is according to this thread. Probably can't manage to make the 2nd playthrough in DMC5 since I am not even halfway through.

Yeah, in the same boat. Beat DMCV once, absolutely love it. Got halfway through Son of Sparda, but I will save finishing it again for another day. DMCV, Sekiro and Bayo 3 coming out is like 2016's year of the shooter (Overwatch, Titanfall 2, Doom)

Edit: I'm waiting for reviews because masochistic difficulties can be excessive to me. I beat Bloodborne 3 times and it's an all timer, but I'm waiting for reviews to see how that difficulty curve is handled.

Last edited:

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I secretly think that all the people who play dark souls and bloodborne in co op are the ones showing concern over sekiro. We know the real reason.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed playing bosses with coop. Haven't followed Sekiro enough to know that this isn't a thing in the game. That's a big deterrence for me, but I still loved Bloodborne solo, just enjoyed it more with people.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I enjoyed playing bosses with coop. Haven't followed Sekiro enough to know that this isn't a thing in the game. That's a big deterrence for me, but I still loved Bloodborne solo, just enjoyed it more with people.
The way the game is designed, Sekiro co-op wouldn't work

Oct 25, 2017
I've never used co-OP in Soulsborne game. I knew each boss could be beaten solo and wanted the satisfaction of doing so.

It has made me such a better gamer and has really made me appreciate difficult/demanding games.

Sekiro is gonna elevate me to a whole 'nother level.

Edit: but for those who dont care about that sense of satisfaction and see the bosses as walls to their favorite parts of the game, I definitely understand lamenting the loss of co op.

I would still encourage you to try the game solo. You'd be surprised what you can do.

Some people just dont have the time to spend hours dying to a boss though which is another story

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I just jumped back into Hollow Knight a few days ago, that lacks coop mechanics, but features the difficulty and other mechanics of the Souls games. I'm still enjoying it, though I crave some company. I've been like this since I played Halo on coop. I just like company.

Depending on reviews, I might pick it up next week.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I just jumped back into Hollow Knight a few days ago, that lacks coop mechanics, but features the difficulty and other mechanics of the Souls games. I'm still enjoying it, though I crave some company. I've been like this since I didn't played Halo on coop. I just like company.

Depending on reviews, I might pick it up next week.

Gotcha. Just a preference which I understand. I was forced to play games solo growing up so I prefer to play offline/solo by default

Hopefully From's next game can accommodate your wishes (without compromising the solo experience)

Status
Not open for further replies.