• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Yes? It's one of the key components of the Dark Souls mechanics, and one of the reasons the Bloodborne combat is so different. They're different franchises with different gameplay styles. Not every game has to appeal to you or everyone.
I'd rather have developers realize their full creative vision than cater to the widest crowd possible, and so far it's worked out pretty well for From.

That's my point. Bloodborne is fa tasting despite the change in combat. Many people would have said to never change the combat from Souls. But they did and the results were fantastic.

I don't think From games should be dumbed down at all, just that some aspects people think are sacred, maybe aren't.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
dVDJiez.gif

They just want to keep the mystery of the game

Does anyone really need a review for this game? it's a FROM game, you either love or you don't

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if the new Armored Core game will get people saying "it's a From game!!" still as if they've only made 5 games.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Activision's only publishing in the west. If From's not sending it to any Japanese outlets, it stands to reason this is their decision, no?

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Dark Souls 3 release was poorly handled. I don't know if this is to keep aspects of the game a sectet or not, but I don't believe they're holding it back to hide anything.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
We have an American editor saying he's heard people will be getting copies early.

Can any other NA reviewers say the same? I do wonder if it's an outside NA thing.

Last edited:

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
That's my point. Bloodborne is fa tasting despite the change in combat. Many people would have said to never change the combat from Souls. But they did and the results were fantastic.

I don't think From games should be dumbed down at all, just that some aspects people think are sacred, maybe aren't.
But as I said, Bloodborne is different from Dark Souls. Bloodborne has a faster combat that rewards aggression because From wanted to try another style, not because the Dark Souls formula wasn't accessible.
In the end it's like someone above said. Miyazaki makes the game he wants to make, and I really appreciate that.

DigitalT

Oct 27, 2017
I always side eye games that do this, will wait for impressions before getting it. Especially for the pc port.

GOOCHY

Oct 29, 2017
Are the naysayers watching the preview footage that's out there? The first *five hours* of the game are out there in video form on YouTube. If you can't discern whether the game is problematic from those videos then I don't know what to tell you. Also, reports are that it runs at 60FPS 1080P on the PS4 Pro.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Are the naysayers watching the preview footage that's out there? The first *five hours* of the game are out there in video form on YouTube. If you can't discern whether the game is problematic from those videos then I don't know what to tell you. Also, reports are that it runs at 60FPS 1080P on the PS4 Pro.
I don't wanna be that guy, but do you have a source on the 60 FPS? I thought the frame counters were saying that it looked like it was unlocked in the forties and fifties on PS4 pro?

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Already have Sekiro pre-ordered and it will be the first From Software game that im looking to finish. Looks to go to pass up. not worried about reviews. Expecting between 85-92 overall.

BenSmith

Handsome Phantom
Verified
Mar 8, 2019
Butler, PA
So maybe they gauged during the preview events who would be good enough to handle the game and then they promised early codes to those who passed and told the rest there would be no codes this time? lol (jk)

I know of a few outlets who were told to expect a copy who were not at the preview event, myself included.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if it was already mentioned but I remember seeing on Sekiro Reddit a image from Shirrako YT channel a few days ago (before the previews hit) saying that it was going to have a full playthrough of the game on the 21st. Though I don't know if it's supposed to be a review copy or a early copy through other means.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if it was already mentioned but I remember seeing on Sekiro Reddit a image from Shirrako YT channel a few days ago (before the previews hit) saying that it was going to have a full playthrough of the game on the 21st. Though I don't know if it's supposed to be a review copy or a early copy through other means.

This is so strange. Oh well, whatever. I'm getting it as a gift, either way. Reviews or not.

Jul 20, 2018
Couldn't this just be a misunderstanding/miscommunication from Activision UK? Just about everyone saying this is from the UK.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Confidence breeds ignorance. Yeah it is From Software and their track records stands before them but that shouldn't excuse the inability to see what the game is going to be like before purchasing. I'm always 100% down for non-MMO games to be available for a proper review beforehand so consumers are informed and not tricked into purchasing titles for the sake of seeing if it is in their interest.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reviewers already have the game so this wasn't true at all. I see several on PSN Profiles who have already earned trophies in the game.

OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Reviewers already have the game so this wasn't true at all. I see several on PSN Profiles who have already earned trophies in the game.

Well none of the outlets I am following have given a date for the review yet? I asked two reviewers I know recently and they were told they will receive copies but not before launch. Streamers might get to stream it 1 day early. Those PSN profiles you see are early copies that broke street date I was wrong. Sekiro copies are already in a lot warehouses.

Last edited:

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
I can confirm as well, i know 2 reviewers and they got the game recently.

Oct 26, 2017
Well none of the outlets I am following have given a date for the review yet? I asked two reviewers I know recently and they were told they will receive copies but not before launch. Streamers might get to stream it 1 day early. Those PSN profiles you see are early copies that broke street date. Sekiro copies are already in a lot warehouses.

Nope, those are reviewers. True there's no date for reviews but those on PSN Profiles are reviewers.

Some reviewers have the game

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well none of the outlets I am following have given a date for the review yet? I asked two reviewers I know recently and they were told they will receive copies but not before launch. Streamers might get to stream it 1 day early. Those PSN profiles you see are early copies that broke street date. Sekiro copies are already in a lot warehouses.
At least two of the people on PSNProfiles who have it are reviewers. One of them being Patrick Klepek. Evidently they sent them out to some people.

We are identifying them because a lot of reviewers list either their real name or their site in their bio if you click on them.

OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
At least two of the people on PSNProfiles who have it are reviewers. One of them being Patrick Klepek. Evidently they sent them out to some people.

Alright, cool.

EDIT: Yup checked out the website while trying to avoid the trophies lol. Some of those users are definitely reviewers. This is great, hopefully we have news soon when the embargo lifts.

Last edited:

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
DS2 is not a bad game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a game bad enough that I wouldn't blindly trust a product from the studio, even though I loved Bloodborne and liked DS3. I personally definitely need to wait and see reviews and the general public reaction to the game before I'll buy it. Apparently I'm not alone

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
It's a game bad enough that I wouldn't blindly trust a product from the studio, even though I loved Bloodborne and liked DS3. I personally definitely need to wait and see reviews and the general public reaction to the game before I'll buy it. Apparently I'm not alone
Preorders are stupid, so I'm not going to try to convince you to do it, but DS2 isn't a bad game by any standard other than the ridiculously high one that From set with DS1.

Status
Not open for further replies.