• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Why am i seeing people associating Reviews with Spoilers?

Properly done reviews by Legit outlets are not Spoiler laden. That comes from BS influencers and early sales.

Which, by the way, not allowing Journalists access to the game prior to release does jack shit to prevent spoilers and datamining. All it takes is ONE mom'n'pop shop selling it earlier or a single gamestop employeee pushing it for a friend earlier. It has happened before.

Reviews prior to release are ALWAYS good. Bullshit clickbait hype articles are not. Learn the difference please. This thread is overflowing with some really dumb shit right about now.

This is more likely just Activision being weird as it was said... but still a bad look. Reviews should be early. Just do some minimal curation on who gets access... give it to the bigger news channels for gaming reviews, give it to sites, magazines and even Channels that have good reputation in putting out legit content... use that PR machine to actually make sure the game has the best fair coverage you can give it. there. It only takes "some effort" which im sure activision can manage to pay for, specially for one of it's major releases this year.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
It's a game bad enough that I wouldn't blindly trust a product from the studio, even though I loved Bloodborne and liked DS3. I personally definitely need to wait and see reviews and the general public reaction to the game before I'll buy it. Apparently I'm not alone

You are doing the wise choice to not pre-order,but personally FROM has never let me down in their modern era,for me DS2 was amazing as were the rest of their games. So I have to be there day 1 and I say there's like a 2% chance that they let me down,so I'm willing to take it.

In general I never pre-order games,aside from FROM and CD Project

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is now inside my PS4, and that is all that matters. Also playing it, I suppose.

It's already updated to 1.01, with balance fixes, bug fixes and some such stuff.

Can't even take a look at the themes yet.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Was holding off on this since I try not to spend much money these days but bit the bullet today and preordered. Wanted to snag that tasty steel book.
41h7RyMa9rL.jpg

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I wonder if the new Armored Core game will get people saying "it's a From game!!" still as if they've only made 5 games.

I love FROM Software games, even the pre-Souls games like King's Field, Armored Core, Chromehounds, etc. FROM games are super mechanics heavy and ambitious in design to some degree, only held back by budget and polish.

Dec 26, 2017
Firelink Shrine
Not many people had faith in TMNT the second it was revealed that the Korra team was making it. This is the main team on Sekiro. Previews have been positive. There's no way this is a disaster.
Platinum has made quite a few crap games. I don't feel that they're a good example of consistency.

Naughty Dog is the gold standard, followed closely by CDPR and FROM.

That's even more so the case when Sekiro is directed by Miyazaki.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, wasn't it vaatividya (sp?) who said people had like actual trouble with the game?

it didn't go well in the sense that a lot of people they invited could barely make any headway into the game.
The impression I got from a lot of the streamers videos was that their Souls muscle memory was making the game harder. It's a game where you have to unlearn how to play Soulsborne games and acclimate to Sekiro's mechanics and gameplay. A lot of the skill doesn't immediately translate due to the wider moveset and different approach to combat

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if people going into this who arent so experienced in Souls games or don't play them regularly will find it easier to adapt to this game

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i would hold off on buying the game if this happened to the one of the games i wanted to get. at the very least let a week pass by and get user impressions. i don't really trust reviews from big sites and many youtubers.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
Day 1 for me. Between Demons Souls, Dark Souls 1 thru 3, and the GOAT Bloodborne, I don't need reviews to put my faith in FromSoft. This is gonna be a banger. Can't wait for Friday!

Oct 25, 2017
Someone earlier on the forums mentioned folks had issues with the game at preview. Shrug
Context.

The impression I got from a lot of the streamers videos was that their Souls muscle memory was making the game harder. It's a game where you have to unlearn how to play Soulsborne games and acclimate to Sekiro's mechanics and gameplay. A lot of the skill doesn't immediately translate due to the wider moveset and different approach to combat

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if people going into this who arent so experienced in Souls games or don't play them regularly will find it easier to adapt to this game

benj

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, every single thing I've heard from people who played at the preview event was "this game is incredible and is also hard in a way that players will not be able to blow past on soulsborne experience alone." dunno how you get "the preview went poorly" from that

Status
Not open for further replies.