• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Hey, fella. Before you donate all your money, can I get 1 million here? I would love to pay some debts and live free too :(

On a serious note, pretty damn nice of him. Seems like an outstanding man.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
legend

church1.gif

Nov 2, 2017
Surely he spent some money on his cameras and dark rooms for his photography though.

Used to see him around Kowloon City and he is pretty cool doing normal stuff. He spoke up for democracy in Hong Kong and didn't mind risking being banned in the mainland. Looking forward to seeing him in Project Gutenberg and wish he would get more roles that are worthy of him. I kind of half expected him to pop up in Crazy Rich Asians as the dad.

Yeah, he's the anti-Jackie Chan in that regard.

Girl I once knew taught Chow Yun Fat how to ride a horse for one of his film roles, said he was one of the nicest people she'd ever met. Everything I've ever heard about him, from everyone, is that he's a proper human being.

Chromax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
China blacklisted him for a while I think. I'm not sure if it's been lifted or not.

I don't think he was blacklisted. He always had films the past few years in China but none of them were really international blockbusters but they all did pretty well domestic.

Mainly "The Man from Macau" series which have 3 films and some Journey to the West stuff.

ArtTeitlebaum

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Always liked him as an actor, but I knew absolutely nothing about him as a person.
This is fantastic. He seems to be a really good human being.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm blown away by both the amount he had and the fact he's giving it all away. He sounds like an incredibly humble and thoughtful person and I loved a lot of his movies and still do. Bravo!

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck I loved Chow Yun-Fan so much in the '90s. Hard Boiled is the best action movie of all time and it's not even close. So awesome to see he's a great and humble dude.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
I liked him and his movies but didn't know how chill and down to earth he was. This is badass and respectable.

I'm gonna dig out John Woo's Stranglehold now...

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I hear he lives his life pretty frugally in Hong Kong. Guy always takes public transit and stuff.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Cool.

And a good way to avoid being disappeared for not paying enough of your acting money to the government.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
What's so surprising, those Nokia phones would survive any extinction level event (natural or due to human causes) on this planet. The mere passage of time means little for these everlasting artefacts of Finnish craftsmanship.

God creates dinosaurs, God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man, man destroys God, man creates Nokia.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People shouldn't be surprised at how much he made, Depp made and blew over $500M in his career and Chow Yun Fat is a bigger star around the world than Depp could ever hope to be. The man is a cinematic icon who's starred in a SHITLOAD of movies.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
He always seemed cool, and by his reaffirms that considerably.

Perhaps it was to atone for all the people he smoked in Hard Boiled

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Awesome. I've always been a fan of his. Him and Keanu Reeves need to do a movie together. Make him John Wick's mentor that comes out of the shadows to help him finish his journey.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess this is a cool move. I just hope he isn't just suffering from a nervous breakdown that we don't know about.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
He always seemed cool, and by his reaffirms that considerably.

Perhaps it was to atone for all the people he smoked in Hard Boiled

One should never atone for smoking bad guys in Hard Boiled, for if movie bad guys are made to be smoked, the smoking of bad guys in Hard Boiled is the way nature intended.

This just reaffirms his God status.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Yo wtf I read the whole first page transposing the 1 and 7, so I was like "$174 million is decent but you're all acting like he's worth a fortune." Then I reread the OP. Holy shit.