• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking the same thing, but as soon as we get wind, I think we'd generate enough bad publicity about it for the church to back down.
You don't know the half of stuff that's been going on in churches in Texas. There's actually a story that just came out about the 100's of abuse claims linked to Southern Baptist Churches

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
You don't know the half of stuff that's been going on in churches in Texas. There's actually a story that just came out about the 100's of abuse claims linked to Southern Baptist Churches
That's particularly relevant too considering he's in Texas. Fucking gross. I hope he is blacklisted for life. :/

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just once... I'd like guys like this to just APOLOGIZE, admit wrong-doing, and tell others that, no, don't blame anyone else but the one responsible.

Reading about how Bill Cosby tells people he's being martyred like Martin Luther King Jr. while he's in prison is insane. Hearing Weinstein say "it was just the culture back then." Hearing R. Kelley brag the things he's done. Hearing Kevin Spacey say it was because he was closeted and that justified it....

Just... OWN it. And tell your slack-jawed fanbase that their hero was unequivocally wrong.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always wonder how many of these people defending this shit are (wannabe) serial molesters themselves and how many are just ignorant.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
The fact that their thread has only like 20 replies while this is on its 36th page is hilarious. GAF dying a slow death.

I always see people talk about how low the Fallen Place has sunk but I never actually check it to avoid giving it clicks. Glad to see it's as dead as the last time I bothered to look.

This is so heartbreaking to see yet I'm not surprised...

I've been sexually assaulted twice and taken advantage of for sex while drunk and all of them have effected me greatly. The latest being sexually assaulted by a random stranger at a store the weekend after thanksgiving 2017. I was groped all over and dry humped for nearly 10 minutes, I felt dehumanized and so violated that all I wanted to do when I got away was leave the store and go home. I was afraid to go to the police or security and report the creep as even some of my family didn't believe me when I told them and assumed I was making it up for attention I couldn't bear going to the authorities and possibly getting a similar reaction. My heart goes out to all the woman/girls who have been made uncomfortable and violated by Vic over the years as I've heard many stories throughout the years of the gross things he's done. Seeing the reactions like the above to victims breaks my heart but I'm proud for all the woman who are so strong and are speaking out against Vic, they are far stronger then me.

It's so sadded for all the attacks the other voice actors and the victims are getting from these awful people. =/

You sharing your story here is proof of strength enough for me. It's easy to compare your situation to that of others', but each situation is unique. No one deserves to have gone through what you went through, but just know that we're here for you in this thread.

No one is going to hire him as a youth minister.

I wish I had that level of optimism.

I always wonder how many of these people defending this shit are (wannabe) serial molesters themselves and how many are just ignorant.

I'd bet the ratio won't surprise you.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I always see people talk about how low the Fallen Place has sunk but I never actually check it to avoid giving it clicks. Glad to see it's as dead as the last time I bothered to look.
Without derailing too much...

1ubIclT.png

For comparison, Resetera has been in the top 3-4 thousand range (lower is better) pretty steadily since it's inception.

Deleted member 5334

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since some people were wondering about how Vic does Texas work and the like: Vic was in Texas for awhile in his earlier years of dubbing work. He would eventually move to California and start appearing in dubs there for a bit. He'd still come back to Texas on occasion for some works. Sometimes he'd record locally in LA, such as Todd's studio (which is.. unfortunate now given the circumstances surrounding him now) or another LA studio. Other times he'd fly up to Texas to record locally. Just depended on convenience and scheduling.

But yeah, he's absolutely a California resident for awhile now. I'm really curious how the local dubbing studios will handle this situation going forward, since he still gets work in the LA region. That's a really important area to see how the studios respond. I'm really hoping they make the right decision and no longer hire him for roles.

EDIT: Something I'm also curious about. Vic was in one of the Pokemon movie dubs as the lead Pokemon for that one. Pokemon Company is EXTREMELY protective of their property, even going as far as de-existing one of the Pokemon movie shorts due to drug usage allegations against a narrator/voice actress in Japan (the Pichu short on Movie 3 hasn't been re-released in quite awhile). They've also been going back and for the Over the Air re-broadcasts and Streaming sites, and had OLM re-edit Jynx's color scheme to match the current Jynx design (curiously the Satellite and Cable networks still use the old masters).

Given how they've handled the situation in Japan, as well as the removal of a previous Dub Voice Director on the series due to sexual assault allegations (US), I wouldn't be surprised if the Pokemon company goes as far as to redub it.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

But the crap that did make me truly dislike Vic was when one of the actresses who introduced Vic to the industry called me crying because she had bent over backwards to help him get an audition at Funimation....and when he finally made it big, she asked him if he could return the favor and introduce her to some of the new directors at the studio. He told her no. She hasn't been in anything significant since.

Makes my blood boil. Fuck this guy.

Oct 25, 2017
There's a female YouTuber defending Vic...I'm like, "fucking why would you take this stance?" I only know of her from her Jojo reaction vids.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Just a quick question, short of him being legally accused and taken to court, is this the full extent of the consequences that he could have realistically been expected to suffer?

OP
OP
Sibersk Esto

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Just a quick question, short of him being legally accused and taken to court, is this the full extent of the consequences that he could have realistically been expected to suffer?

Short of being taken to court? I'd say so. The biggest name in anime localization has publicly severed ties with him and he's had the majority of his convention dates cancelled which means any of the conventions that do in the future will face heavy scrutiny. Time will tell if this sticks but for now this seems like the best not-legally-accused turn of events.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
There's a female YouTuber defending Vic...I'm like, "fucking why would you take this stance?" I only know of her from her Jojo reaction vids.
She did HxH reactions too (on her old channel, which I think she deleted).

And I'm not too surprised, tbh. She always came across as one of those people wanting to be popular with the "anti-SJW" crowd on YT.

Oct 25, 2017

And I'm not too surprised, tbh. She always came across as one of those people wanting to be popular with the "anti-SJW" crowd on YT.
I never watched that much from her and pretty much only saw her over the last few months so never got that vibe from her, but that's very sad to hear. That whole crowd is nothing I want to be a part of and the arguments they stand on are flimsy at best to the point where they sound copy and pasted.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I dont understand the defense force he has.
Tribalism is a hell of a drug. All it takes is a Youtube video making this part of the "SJWs are comin for you" culture war, and suddenly you've got everybody who doesn't like liberals willing to jump on a grenade for literally any piece of shit out there. Immediately it's no longer about an individual's bad behavior being exposed, but an attack on people like you, which is essentially either "all conservatives" or "all men" or both, depending on who is listening.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I did too, but luckily Broly didn't talk THAT much. He can be easily replaced and then as someone pointed out they could just say it's because Cheelai taught him how to speak properly.

Man, you don't even need an explanation. The Japanese voice actor isn't changing, the character is different enough in look and personality so that he's basically unrecognizable from the one old Broly fans might have nostalgia for, and it's going to be a while before the show comes back anyway, so it's not going to be that jarring to come back to a different voice.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Oh God. Thank you for sharing, it must've taken a lot to bring this up. I'm so sorry that happened to you. And don't say you're not strong, to be able to keep on keeping on after such a thing is strength enough. We all just need to do better as a society so people in your situation won't be scared to go to the police. Believe survivors.

You sharing your story here is proof of strength enough for me. It's easy to compare your situation to that of others', but each situation is unique. No one deserves to have gone through what you went through, but just know that we're here for you in this thread.

Thank you both for your kind words. I just know I couldn't gather the strength to go to security/the police to report what happened with a local gross creep, let alone the numerous women who have told their tragic dealings with a well known person online and are having to deal with the extremely awful, toxic reply's. Having been in my own awful situations I'm just so proud of them for having the strength and courage to expose the truth about the awful things that happened to then by Vic.

I just truly hope there comes a day soon when all victims, past, preset and future are able to tell their stories and not have to be treated as a lair, told they are just trying for attention, get attacked, harrased, etc... this seem to be starting to get better with abusers /creeps finally getting punished for their awful actions but still a long way to go still. =/

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this has been a source of nothing but intense and constant frustration for me. I hang out on a DBZ discord that is rooted in 4chan (yes, yes, I know - but there's a lot of good creative stuff happening in the server) and you hear tons of the same stupid arguments in there defending Vic. Most of it's the same ol' "facts don't care about your feelings" and "where is the proof?!" refrain, where a bunch of dudes are throwing court session levels of scrutiny on what is ultimately a problem that has to be tackled by the con organizers and those companies that employ him. Instead of accepting that these organizers and employers maybe, just maybe, have some level of knowledge of this dude's past deeds and actions that the public does not possess, they CONTINUE to endlessly spout their stupid refrains over and over again.

They want to believe that they're a part of some kind of massive jury that has to give everything as much scrutiny as it is humanly possible to give, and that he should be given ALL the leeway because "testimony doesn't count as evidence" and "innocent before proven guilty" - nevermind the fact that he's not being convicted of any crimes in the court of law and nevermind the fact that the testimonies number in the dozens (and possibly the hundreds at this point). It's utterly pathetic. They have absolutely no conception of what they're excusing this man of. They just want to be a part of this idiotic zeitgeist where the burden of proof is so irredeemably high that absolutely no one who's a victim of abuse would ever, EVER think to report that abuse, and they don't even realize that that would be the end result of their stupid actions.

Fuck, I don't even know where to begin. I just want these people to learn, man. Turning a blind eye to this crap helps no one. But I don't know what to do...

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I finally tried to engage some of these people to ask what roles Monica supposedly took from Vic...
Literally no answer, just more bluffs. Given Vic's wikipedia page has him down for ONE directing role -- for an anime that's ended-- and no writing roles, I can only assume they mean voice roles. Monica literally can't replace Broly or Rin, and Sabo would sound very weird given the direction. All of his other roles are no longer occurring, or are in series no longer being dubbed at all (Sengoku Basara) or by any of the old cast (Dynasty Warriors).
Apparently there's a hidden discord where a bunch of VAs are conspiring against Vic??? Again, no screens or anything.
It's like they just want there to be a conspiracy to rally against. It's wild shit. Not going down that rabbithole again, it's just bewildering.

Thank you both for your kind words. I just know I couldn't gather the strength to go to security/the police to report what happened with a local gross creep, let alone the numerous women who have told their tragic dealings with a well known person online and are having to deal with the extremely awful, toxic reply's. Having been in my own awful situations I'm just so proud of them for having the strength and courage to expose the truth about the awful things that happened to then by Vic.

I just truly hope there comes a day soon when all victims, past, preset and future are able to tell their stories and not have to be treated as a lair, told they are just trying for attention, get attacked, harrased, etc... this seem to be starting to get better with abusers /creeps finally getting punished for their awful actions but still a long way to go still. =/
Of course, of course. I agree with you, I hope there's a time when people not only be able to openly share stories of being abused, but also that people will learn to not abuse, and what consent means.

Man, this has been a source of nothing but intense and constant frustration for me. I hang out on a DBZ discord that is rooted in 4chan (yes, yes, I know - but there's a lot of good creative stuff happening in the server) and you hear tons of the same stupid arguments in there defending Vic. Most of it's the same ol' "facts don't care about your feelings" and "where is the proof?!" refrain, where a bunch of dudes are throwing court session levels of scrutiny on what is ultimately a problem that has to be tackled by the con organizers and those companies that employ him. Instead of accepting that these organizers and employers maybe, just maybe, have some level of knowledge of this dude's past deeds and actions that the public does not possess, they CONTINUE to endlessly spout their stupid refrains over and over again.

They want to believe that they're a part of some kind of massive jury that has to give everything as much scrutiny as it is humanly possible to give, and that he should be given ALL the leeway because "testimony doesn't count as evidence" and "innocent before proven guilty" - nevermind the fact that he's not being convicted of any crimes in the court of law and nevermind the fact that the testimonies number in the dozens (and possibly the hundreds at this point). It's utterly pathetic. They have absolutely no conception of what they're excusing this man of. They just want to be a part of this idiotic zeitgeist where the burden of proof is so irredeemably high that absolutely no one who's a victim of abuse would ever, EVER think to report that abuse, and they don't even realize that that would be the end result of their stupid actions.

Fuck, I don't even know where to begin. I just want these people to learn, man. Turning a blind eye to this crap helps no one. But I don't know what to do...
TBH I'd suggest leaving that mess unless you like have a friend there and you're not comfortable PMing people. It just sounds like a headache.

And again. I don't get it. Why these DBZ diehards are supporting Broly's VA blindly but not listening to others in the same cast. Like.... It has to be unrelated to their fandom then. And then it's like- are they gonna turn their backs on DBZ entirely then given Vic's out now and all the VAs hate him? Are they gonna switch to subs? And if so why do they care about the dub scene at all? Just... sheesh.

Edit: I mean, yeah, I know why. It's not about Dragonball or Broly, it's about not wanting men to have to consider their actions and pay for it when they hurt people. But the way some of them act, it's like they want you to think that their fandom is all it is.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
These were from the petition that the VA who got blacklisted because of Mignogna had signed in 2014, regarding Vic being cast as Rin on Free! Eternal Summer.

Also a High School teacher he apparently was. Guess what.

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
Everything I've heard said that Vic quietly relocated back to the Houston area as it became harder for him to pick up work in Los Angeles. Seems like he's kept a lot of things quiet, like the nature of his not marriage and secret 30-year-younger girlfriend.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
Also a High School teacher he apparently was. Guess what.

It's clear that Vic is a fucking creep, but I'm not sure what to make of that high school teacher story. That account was created for that tweet, and will almost certainly never be used again. That's suspicious, but then again, there's enough harassment toward people who come out with their stories that a burner account wouldn't be unreasonable.

Last edited:

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know how this works, but I think at this point, he'll get away with it scot-free (when it comes to the law anyways). Maybe I'm just a pessimist like that.

It's Shoe0nHead, isn't it?

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
It's clear that Vic is a fucking creep, but I'm not sure what to make of that high school teacher story. That account was created for that tweet, and will almost certainly never be used again. That's suspicious, but then again, there's enough harassment toward people who come out with their stories that a burner account wouldn't be unreasonable.
See, Vic's resume says that he was a cop with the Ocean City Police Department from 1986 to 1988. That's the only troubling part of that additional story. But then again, his Wikipedia page says that he was a teacher in Florida, but I can't find any place that verifies that, not even on his resume. His resume, however, does in fact line up with Michelle's story from 1988 to 1990.

Somebody'd have to do some really amazing digging. Like finding some other kind of records in Florida maybe, or verifying with the Ocean City Police Department that he really did work there from '86 to '88. Also, Anime News Network has him listed as previously working as a chauffeur, for whatever that's worth. Probably doesn't mean much, but just adds another layer of the mystery behind him before he ever got to voice work.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
It's refreshing to see someone correctly cite that resume. I facepalm pretty hard when people try to use the resume as proof against Michelle's account when in fact it corroborates it.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I know who you're talking about (don't want to promote her stuff, but her username starts with "D"), and yeah, I'm not surprised. I recall her having some very right wing and anti-trans views. I came across her videos a long time ago when I was looking for HxH reaction stuff, but I bailed hard when I saw a video of hers about pronouns or something. Looking at her channel now, she's taken a lot of stuff down, but she clearly has the same terrible views.

EDIT:

Well there it is. lol
I still don't get the concept of right wing females. A lot of the messaging behind it is very anti-female. I also don't understand anti-trans. I will not date a person that underwent the operation, but I'm not going to attack them and act like they have no right to exist, happiness and health insurance and marriage.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Everything I've heard said that Vic quietly relocated back to the Houston area as it became harder for him to pick up work in Los Angeles. Seems like he's kept a lot of things quiet, like the nature of his not marriage and secret 30-year-younger girlfriend.

OH, so nice to see you in this forum. Been a fan for years.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't get the concept of right wing females. A lot of the messaging behind it is very anti-female. I also don't understand anti-trans. I will not date a person that underwent the operation, but I'm not going to attack them and act like they have no right to exist, happiness and health insurance and marriage.
Far be it for me to tell you who you can or can't have relations with but blanket discounting trans people as partners is part of discriminating against them.

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (5 days): Harmful rhetoric surrounding gender identity.
Far be it for me to tell you who you can or can't have relations with but blanket discounting trans people as partners is part of discriminating against them.
I'm not even sure how wrong the answer to that is, but I have a lot of trouble seeing beyond what they were born as. Some of this is probably a lot of ignorance on my part though. Some are actually pretty cute truth be told. Keep in mind I will be respectful and use the proper pronouns that they associate themselves with.

pizoxuat

Jan 12, 2018

There's definitely a TERF ---> Tradwife pipeline that starts with fostering fear of trans women, then building anger that feminists won't protect them from trans women, to "but right wing men will!" It's sad and pathetic.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even sure how wrong the answer to that is, but I have a lot of trouble seeing beyond what they were born as. Some of this is probably a lot of ignorance on my part though. Some are actually pretty cute truth be told. Keep in mind I will be respectful and use the proper pronouns that they associate themselves with.
I can tell you don't mean any offense, but for me at least, I feel that trans women deserve to be treated as women, period. I don't feel trans women deserve to be grouped together under a group label to be treated as an other, applying preconceived notions to what they are before you've even individually met and gotten to know them. Even the "some are actually pretty cute" reads to me as a sort of backhanded compliment. Like all women, trans women come in all shapes and sizes and deserve to be appraised as an individual, absent any preconceptions.

Oct 25, 2017
I can tell you don't mean any offense, but for me at least, I feel that trans women deserve to be treated as women, period. In don't feel trans women deserve to be grouped together under that label to be treated as an other, applying labels to them before you've even individually met and gotten to know them. Even the "some are actually pretty cute" reads to me as a sort of backhanded compliment. Like all women, trans women come in all shapes and sizes and deserve to be appraised as an individual, absent any preconceptions.
True. I really do need to learn this, but it's probably going to take meeting one to be honest. It's definitely one of those things I need to learn to get passed.

Nishastra

Oct 27, 2017
The thing that needs to be understood with regards to "defense" of people like Vic is that a significant percentage of people don't believe that sexual harassment exists. They think that the entire concept was created as a way for women to attack men, and therefore any woman claiming it is lying by default. Thus the constant demands for "proof".

In order to understand their thinking, you basically need to shift the entire concept down a level. Rape is "sexual assault", sexual assault is "sexual harassment", and sexual harassment is nothing. Anything below violent physical assault is innocent flirting. Therefore, even if you were to somehow obtain "proof", they would dismiss it immediately.

It's extremely frustrating to watch this over and over again. When it came out that Nick Robinson, formerly from Polygon, had been creeping on basically every woman in the games industry and trying to "negotiate" his way into having sex with fans at events, there was this constant droning noise of "oh, that's it? he was just flirting, shouldn't ruin a guy's life over that". Find a recent story about Christine Blasey Ford online, about how she's had to move multiple times to escape from doxxing and death threats (nevermind the actual, original problem), and you'll find hundreds of comments alternately claiming that there's no proof that she's been threatened and... threatening her. Look at any example of MeToo, and you'll find... these.

The very concept of equality is political, currently. To many people, the idea that all humans are equal is like a white lie, something you say to be courteous. They never actually believed it. This is what people tend to mean when they complain about "political correctness", the implication being that it's not actually correct. That is the reason why harassment and bigotry are always controversial, and the reason why right-wing types rally to defend anyone who is accused of such things. To them, these are lies forced on them by some unjust, shadowy cabal, and they're just telling the truth.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I'm betting these idiots are pulling for another Chris Hardwick situation to happen. Hopefully it doesn't and Vic stays gone.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
True. I really do need to learn this, but it's probably going to take meeting one to be honest. It's definitely one of those things I need to learn to get passed.
No one says it's an easy process, especially if you've been brought up with certain expectations all your life just to be confronted with a new normal. Trying is all anyone can ask of you, really.

The thing that needs to be understood with regards to "defense" of people like Vic is that a significant percentage of people don't believe that sexual harassment exists. They think that the entire concept was created as a way for women to attack men, and therefore any woman claiming it is lying by default. Thus the constant demands for "proof".

In order to understand their thinking, you basically need to shift the entire concept down a level. Rape is "sexual assault", sexual assault is "sexual harassment", and sexual harassment is nothing. Anything below violent physical assault is innocent flirting. Therefore, even if you were to somehow obtain "proof", they would dismiss it immediately.

It's extremely frustrating to watch this over and over again. When it came out that Nick Robinson, formerly from Polygon, had been creeping on basically every woman in the games industry and trying to "negotiate" his way into having sex with fans at events, there was this constant droning noise of "oh, that's it? he was just flirting, shouldn't ruin a guy's life over that". Find a recent story about Christine Blasey Ford online, about how she's had to move multiple times to escape from doxxing and death threats (nevermind the actual, original problem), and you'll find hundreds of comments alternately claiming that there's no proof that she's been threatened and... threatening her. Look at any example of MeToo, and you'll find... these.

The very concept of equality is political, currently. To many people, the idea that all humans are equal is like a white lie, something you say to be courteous. They never actually believed it. This is what people tend to mean when they complain about "political correctness", the implication being that it's not actually correct. That is the reason why harassment and bigotry are always controversial, and the reason why right-wing types rally to defend anyone who is accused of such things. To them, these are lies forced on them by some unjust, shadowy cabal, and they're just telling the truth.
Can you post this on Twitter so I can retweet it? lol