• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Genryu

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Vic Mignogna said:
If somebody is doing something you don't approve of and you don't say anything...the implication is that you must be okay with it.

CirPW45VAAITicr.jpg

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Read the io9 article. Hopefully it will expose more people as to why Funimation dumped him. It wasn't because of "Bulma's VA being a liar." Vic is a charismatic man with a history of not respecting people's boundaries and being creepy in the process. Hell, one of the stories in the article says he forced himself on a colleague in a hotel room and only stopped because of a knock at the door. People still asking for proof are no more than trolling at this point, are immature children, or have serious denile issues.

Oct 25, 2017
Read the io9 article. Hopefully it will expose more people as to why Funimation dumped him. It wasn't because of "Bulma's VA being a liar." Vic is a charismatic man with a history of not respecting people's boundaries and being creepy in the process. Hell, one of the stories in the article says he forced himself on a colleague in a hotel room and only stopped because of a knock at the door. People still asking for proof are no more than trolling at this point, are immature children, or have serious denile issues.
Or are sexual abusers themselves and just see Vic as their champion or some twisted shit like that.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
"If I'm a jerk and you don't tell me so, then you're consenting to me being a jerk. See how that works?" he said. "If somebody is doing something you don't approve of and you don't say anything...the implication is that you must be okay with it."

What the fuck, really? No, you arent being a jerk you are being a fucking criminal

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Fucking hell that quote...spoken like someone with a truth empathy and understanding of what victims go through :|

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
so I shared the article on twitter:

got this as a response lol.

(yes I've blocked them now. I have no time for that shit)

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Hey there. I made an account specifically to watch this thread. I've been lurking since page 8 was published. As a victim of rape and someone working hard to do voice over full time, this whole ordeal has left me feeling sick and afraid to trust anyone, despite the many positive encounters I've had with most voice actors. KickVic actually helped me come to terms with my own past. It made me realize I was being groomed and sexually harassed by my very first voice over coach some years ago. He treated other female students far worse so I minimized how he treated me up until now. I won't delve into my personal experiences but if you wish to look into him, his name is Peter Rofe. He is not well known to the public unless you're involved in the voice over industry which extends further than just cartoons and video games. He still has a lot of power, so many victims choose not to come forward because they worry about their careers. He has since closed his school and last I've heard he was under investigation for sexual assault and sexual harassment this time last year. This was all over the news like CNN to name one. Vic is not the only predator in the voice over industry and he will not be the last. So while I'm not one of Vic's victim, thank you for believing in the victims who share their stories. Thank you for keeping me and many others informed without having to venture into the Twitter tag ourselves. It only leaves me feeling nauseous, stressed and by it's true definition, triggered. I'm genuinely concerned for the safety of everyone, especially Monica and convention attendees if this continues to escalate.

I should mention I have met Vic myself but it was a just an impolite experience more than anything else. It was at a con, I was on line for his autograph and photo. It's just what I do at cons..Talk to VAs even if I'm unfamiliar with their work, ask questions, maybe even learn that some offer classes. Despite approaching Vic as a beginner in the vo industry and naming a few credits, he just treated me like a fan. He signed a headshot I purchased with "Love Edward" and said it aloud in a lovey dovey voice. I never mentioned FMA or being a huge fan. I buy headshots from all the VAs I meet and he, surprisingly, didn't have one of just him. Ed is just the only one I'm familiar with. It was insulting, it felt like a slap in the face. How condescending of him... But it's nothing really warranting more than just "Wow, he really does have a huge ego". I'll also say that long before meeting him, when I was underage, I was well aware of the allegations as it has been an open secret in the con scene for years. I, foolishly, wanted to give him a chance anyway since we could one day be colleagues. Not to mention, anime VAs chastised people for signing the Free! petition during VO panels at the conventions which closely followed after the petition released. They were especially unkind if you were an aspiring voice actor. They claimed it was unprofessional and no one will hire someone who signs petitions like that or speaks ill about their voice actors, specifically Vic. I thought giving him a chance was putting my career first. But this, along with other Vic related things I'm too afraid to discuss, are my own demons I have to deal with.
Welcome and thank you for sharing your story. I'm so sorry to hear about your own personal experiences. :( Must be awful to see this unfold.

Jesus Christ. :(

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Reading Monica Rial's recent tweet, then hearing the end of a YouTube video where claims of collusion are levied at the recent i09 article - "I don't believe any of it", "I wonder why they didn't want to give their name" - made me so angry that I'm just going to go to bed.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that most of the replies seem supportive at least.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
She literally said she doesn't even want Vic's career to go down the drain and wants him to get help and grow as a person.
And then people still harass her...
379ch.gif

Thankfully for every troll there's like 20~30 people showing support. So. That's good.

okay and I just saw this as well:
[SNIP]
wut...
Uhhhhhh holy shit this is like... probably a grift.
"I'm not defending Vic but I know the guys who are"
Yeah. Sure.
Anyone who falls for this is an idiot. If it wasn't for the one throwaway "this is for Vic's defense fund" I'd say it 100% is a scam, but the fact that's there makes me think it COULD be real, maybe.

But again- who the fuck is he going to sue if it is true? He can't go after a large group due to Texan laws given it'd probably include some of his Texan accusers, same with Funi and RT. So it'd have to be individuals. If it was one individual who happened to lie... what's the purpose? It doesn't discredit the rest. And then you have to ask why he doesn't go after the others. If it was someone spreading information, well, given the amount that's truthful and how easy it is to fall into believing lies, any lies spread by mistake would probably be able to be lawyered away as misleading to everyone.

So it... doesn't do anything for him. At all. So why would he do it?

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I've been following this since mid-Jan when more started coming to light and to see the dismissals, the threats, the anger pointed at the victims has been very upsetting and frustrating. My heart goes out to all those affected by Vic and others like him. :(

I'm just very glad that there are now finally consequences for Vic after all of these stories were bravely shared. I just wish those who came forward didn't have to deal with this terrible treatment. That io9 article is very well put together.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna post it here and not sure how real the information is, but I've definitely run across (and reported) a few accounts seemingly posting Monica's personal info on Twitter and encouraging people to harass her. Fucking assholes...

therotten

Feb 3, 2019
Not gonna post it here and not sure how real the information is, but I've definitely run across (and reported) a few accounts seemingly posting Monica's personal info on Twitter and encouraging people to harass her. Fucking assholes...

Unfortunately that kind of stuff is pretty easy to find if you know your way around public records sites (haven't looked up Monica but I imagine she's pretty easy to find if you know where to look since her name is unique).

On the topic of public records and unique names, I did some digging to see if the rumors about Vic lawyering up were true. So far I haven't found anything in court records. I'll update if I do.

I did find out that his primary residence was sold on January 31st of this year. It was initially listed for sale on November 21st of 2018, so I don't think it's related to the allegations. It generally takes 4-6 weeks for county to be updated with new addresses if the sale went smoothly. So as of right now, we don't have a current address for a man who has allegations of badtouching minors.

(yes his info is public. no i'm not posting it. y'all can look it up. Harris County has a nice search function)

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck is she getting attacked for this. Motherfucker grabbed a chunk of her hair and kissed her without consent. Don't blame Monica for Vic losing work, fucking blame Vic. The mental gymnastics behind this is fucking stupid.
"wHeRe'S tHe EvIdEnCe?! I need to see strands of her hair, DNA tested, stuck under his nails as well as video and written proof it wasn't consensual!"

It's beyond fucked up that that fake quote I just wrote... is completely believable for these people to say. Hell, in some bizarre situation where they'd actually get all that they still wouldn't believe it. If Vic came out RIGHT FUCKING NOW and confessed to everything they still wouldn't believe it. As has been said above; This isn't about Vic anymore, it's about having yet another excuse to attack women.

Oct 25, 2017
"wHeRe'S tHe EvIdEnCe?! I need to see strands of her hair, DNA tested, stuck under his nails as well as video and written proof it wasn't consensual!"

It's beyond fucked up that that fake quote I just wrote... is completely believable for these people to say. Hell, in some bizarre situation where they'd actually get all that they still wouldn't believe it. If Vic came out RIGHT FUCKING NOW and confessed to everything they still wouldn't believe it. As has been said above; This isn't about Vic anymore, it's about having yet another excuse to attack women.
I don't even know what brings on this type of mentality.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I feel actual anger.

So many shit heads in the comments. She is literally being insulted and harassed and called a liar.

Her message was hard to go through and I cant believe she HAD to write this. And of course it's not enough.

Now those idiots are literally on YouTube trying to analyze every word she said to find a contradiction.

Jfc

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
He's also such a shitty attorney he knows he's not skilled enough to represent Vic himself that he running a gofundme to hire other attorneys for him.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
he ain't gonna hire Vic a damn lawyer, if Vic even needed a lawyer I'm almost certain he could more than afford one himself

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
How the fuck is she getting attacked for this. Motherfucker grabbed a chunk of her hair and kissed her without consent. Don't blame Monica for Vic losing work, fucking blame Vic. The mental gymnastics behind this is fucking stupid.

It's fucking disgusting. People have genuine attachment to a man because he voices a cartoon character they like, and nothing beyond that matters.

Killer Tofu

Feb 18, 2019
So here are some cringy videos I dug up. I haven't seen them posted here so I hope it's okay that I share them.

Here is Vic telling the story of how he let a fan lick his hand.

Here is a video of him letting fans "glomp" him. This is back in 2006. Arguably, we could give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know what exactly that entailed.

However, this happened in 2014. Unless I misheard, and not that it matters, Vic is the one initiating the "glomp". This was by far the most cringeworthy in my opinion but they're all pretty awful.