• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
"Inoue-Harte claims that she received a phone call from a fake phone number that said she was SWATed, she drove to the rental home, and found the door damaged. She then contacted police. "

aka apparently she got a call, went and checked it out, found damage and called the police.

no actual swatting seems to have happened but instead someone called her using a fake phone number and either that same person or someone else kicked in her door.

So the crime is real, but the evidence is fake. JFC.

In hindsight she obviously should've just abstained from trying to show photo evidence at all, but I at least get why she in a panic would've thought that was a good idea. And the tragic part of it is all the jackasses defending Vic will still treat her like a liar anyway.

Sincerely hope she's doing okay.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine the only possible reason for him to do this lawsuit is to save some kind of face with his cult followers, what else does he have?...I mean, ya' know besides quietly going away or admitting fault.

Last edited:

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say you'd never believe the amount of people defending this and saying it's okay, but...

It's so weird to see so many cretins continuing to surface from seemingly nowhere to defend a predator that admitted to being a predator. And those people saying "Hurr not black face, where are the red lips?" I just cannot even.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

So confusing... @_@

Going from Swatted to self inflicted and called unwell to legit police report, I'm so confused.

Looks like that gofundme is real... but something about it still feels incredibly shady. Not to mention it just being fucking gross that Vic is taking money from his fans for a legal fund.... and the people behind said legal fund being alt-right.

"reluctantly"

giphy.gif

Dec 28, 2018
I really don't get why so many people give an ounce of a shit about Vic. And not surprised that many of these defenders of Vic are now harassing Yonkou after those tweets he made. I can't help but agree with some that at this point it's just a bunch of white manchildren using this Vic situation as an excuse to harass women and minorities.

Killer Tofu

Feb 18, 2019
How disgusting of him to post that. And here I thought he could not sink any lower. He's thanking everyone for support? What about Monica? Her next convention is this weekend and they received a bomb threat. His colleagues are being SWATted or their houses are being broken into. All of this being done because he won't be voicing characters anymore. What about that "support", Vic? You're gonna bully people with lawyers to reclaim your reputation? What happened to seeking counseling? Acknowledge you're wrong or fade to black, your anime convention days are over, you monster. I'm so furious.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get why so many people give an ounce of a shit about Vic. And not surprised that many of these defenders of Vic are now harassing Yonkou after those tweets he made. I can't help but agree with some that at this point it's just a bunch of white manchildren using this Vic situation as an excuse to harass women and minorities.
i read the tweets after that, FUCK EVERYTHING! good job to those asshats for showing their true colors as trash

Dec 28, 2018
i read the tweets after that, FUCK EVERYTHING! good job to those asshats for showing their true colors as trash
The replies are so damn infuriating and I regret reading through them. Bunch a ass hats, the situation really has done a good job of exposing these people for the sexist and racist trash that they are. Would be nice if Twitter would give them the boot but they probably won't do a damn thing.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Where's their evidence? :p

Apparently their proof is that because the police report wasn't filed the same day. It didn't happen.

Loved this one other post I saw. Dude says, "don't believe everything on the internet" and then proceeds to post a conspiracy theory blog as proof. I just love how they somehow don't smell their own bullshit.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
The way that Vic says that he "very reluctantly" retained legal counsel makes me think he doesn't want this to go anywhere. I think he's got more skeletons in his closet than we know about.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Looks like that gofundme is real... but something about it still feels incredibly shady. Not to mention it just being fucking gross that Vic is taking money from his fans for a legal fund.... and the people behind said legal fund being alt-right.

This is idiotic. What is he going to sue for? Slander or libel? I mean ALL ODDS ARE STACKED AGAINST HIM. I would honestly be surprised if he somehow wins.... something? If anything, I can honestly think that him going to court over this BS will end up with him getting labeled as a sex offender at the very least.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The way that Vic says that he "very reluctantly" retained legal counsel makes me think he doesn't want this to go anywhere. I think he's got more skeletons in his closet than we know about.
I'm curious why he's even pursuing it. If he takes it to court, all that testimony *will* be accepted as credible evidence, and the results of Funimation's internal investigation will become public. A judge isn't going to handwave all those pics of Vic kissing teenagers as "being affectionate". The actions of his "fans", the death threats, the doxxing, the B&E, and his inability to call them out will also likely be brought up.

Vic only stands to lose even more if he does go to court, which at this point, seems like the most positive outcome.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious why he's even pursuing it. If he takes it to court, all that testimony *will* be accepted as credible evidence, and the results of Funimation's internal investigation will become public. A judge isn't going to handwave all those pics of Vic kissing teenagers as "being affectionate". The actions of his "fans", the death threats, the doxxing, the B&E, and his inability to call them out will also likely be brought up.

Vic only stands to lose even more if he does go to court, which at this point, seems like the most positive outcome.
Yeah, we know that AT LEAST 25+ people were sexually assaulted by him thanks to the details we did get from the Funimation investigation, and that is A LOT of evidence. Vic would likely lose really bad if this went to court.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I just want to bang my head on a wall. This whole fake swatting thing that actually kind of happen afterall, the bomb threat, and Vic's new response.

I really hope the best for Pensacon and the actors being there that are involved in this, cause it likely won't be pretty.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

I'm gonna be honest, this screams of an attempt to shut up victims with threats of legal action. I fully expect these dudes to just ghost with the money.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be honest, this screams of an attempt to shut up victims with threats of legal action. I fully expect these dudes to just ghost with the money.

So either Vic goes to court and more of his skeletons come out of the closet or the people behind the gofundme run off with the money...sounds like a no-win situation for those that donate.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone can sue anyone for anything.

Doesn't mean they will win.

Civil suits in the US are done on the balance of probabilities similar to here right?

If so, Vic won't win this. Not even fucking close.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
So either Vic goes to court and more of his skeletons come out of the closet or the people behind the gofundme run off with the money...sounds like a no-win situation for those that donate.
The whole gofundme campaign seems shady as fuck. Apparently when this lawyer dude started talking about Vic on his youtube channel he said that he didn't know Vic, but now all of a sudden Vic says he's a friend and is trusted enough to handle money donated by his fans?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Has Vic done anything since he's gotten this attention? He's offered plenty of examples of his flippant attitude earlier so I'm pretty sure he's always been fully aware of what an asshole he is, but has he shown any sign that he's going to defend himself rather than just accepting that the chickens have come to roost?

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
The Salvation Army is certainly a choice for the charity, given that has a history of homophobia and transphobia.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Edit: Ah, Yasumi covered what I had said here much more succintly, lol, sorry!

But like... I'm still not even sure what angle he could TRY to tackle it from. Monica or Jamie? Again, lots of people to back either up- several dozen colleagues INCLUDING HIS EX-FIANCE vs. him, his lawyer and his mom. Like. HMMM. Wonder who a judge would side with. Funimation? Never employed beyond contract work, same with RT, and given Texan law, they did nothing wrong. Suing a disparate group, perhaps including one of his coworkers or former employers? Never ends up well for anyone outside of actual big corporations, and I guarantee every last accusation that isn't totally anonymous (i.e., the i09 article ones would probably count, not so much the ones from tumblr/4chan/pll) would be used against him in court as character testimony.

Also, like, uh.... saying you're friends with a guy who did blackface and doesn't regret it and has alt-right views doesn't endear you to anyone but the wrong sort of people. If you're trying to convince people you're a good person, well, uh, this is not the way. You could have at least said fan or something, but this just makes you look like you tolerate racism at best and actually actively are a bigot at worst. And given how he already thinks of LGBT stuff... y i k e s

Last edited:

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
This whole thing makes me sad and angry. It feels like while people *should* be embracing more love and tolerance, there's still an unreasonably high number of homophobic racist xenophobic sexist jerks out there feeding off each other and turning it up to 11.

Idk, maybe it's just the coverage of it (admittedly VERY important), kind of like how if you read the news it seems like the world is nothing but death and despair. I just wish people would live with a little more compassion in their hearts, and more cognizant and self reflective on their actions and words. I have two young sons, my wife is already gone (car accident), and am fighting through brain cancer without insurance. What world have I brought them into? While I'm here all I can show them is love, but after that, what?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
This whole thing makes me sad and angry. It feels like while people *should* be embracing more love and tolerance, there's still an unreasonably high number of homophobic racist xenophobic sexist jerks out there feeding off each other and turning it up to 11.

Idk, maybe it's just the coverage of it (admittedly VERY important), kind of like how if you read the news it seems like the world is nothing but death and despair. I just wish people would live with a little more compassion in their hearts, and more cognizant and self reflective on their actions and words. I have two young sons, my wife is already gone (car accident), and am fighting through brain cancer without insurance. What world have I brought them into? While I'm here all I can show them is love, but after that, what?
Oh man, I'm so sorry for all you are going through. I don't know the words.

I too wish people had more empathy. It's very hard for me to understand how people can be such uncaring assholes.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

Damn, man. I'm so sorry :(

I agree, a little bit of empathy with some love and compassion in the mix would really go a long way. I mean a lot of this "Why wait until now to report" and other crap are clearly from people who have never had to deal with this before.

Oct 25, 2017
Stuff like this would turn me off from being a VA if I were one. I can't imagine being someone like Monica and seeing so many people who you provide content for and share hobbies with becme vile twoards you and others because of some outrage shit. I know its a percentage of anime fans doing this, but it its sad to see comment sections full of people being dumb as bricks

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually a win win for him.

They can't legally prove he assaulted them.

That's what he wants. To make them look like liars.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
Ugh, who the hell is he suing?

Million dollar idea for Blu-Ray manufacturers - audio layers based on character voices. So I can still watch my FullMetal Alchemist in English, but just have all of Ed's lines be replaced by the original Japanese voice actor (subtitled and all).

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
Ugh, who the hell is he suing?

Million dollar idea for Blu-Ray manufacturers - audio layers based on character voices. So I can still watch my FullMetal Alchemist in English, but just have all of Ed's lines be replaced by the original Japanese voice actor (subtitled and all).
I believe it was the DVDs of Kodocha back in the day where they couldn't afford to pay the royalties to one of the voice actors (whom I believe was the vocalist for a song in the show) when it got licensed for distribution in the US, so on the Japanese audio track they just dropped his voice out entirely and he's just a lip-flapping mute. All I'm saying is, the industry has gone this route before.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I believe it was the DVDs of Kodacha back in the day where they couldn't afford to pay the royalties to one of the voice actors (whom I believe was the vocalist for a song in the show) when it got licensed for distribution in the US, so on the Japanese audio track they just dropped his voice out entirely and he's just a lip-flapping mute. All I'm saying is, the industry has gone this route before.
That's incredible.

I read the entire Kodocha manga but I can't remember if I watched the anime too.

DiGiKerot

Oct 26, 2017
I believe it was the DVDs of Kodocha back in the day where they couldn't afford to pay the royalties to one of the voice actors (whom I believe was the vocalist for a song in the show) when it got licensed for distribution in the US, so on the Japanese audio track they just dropped his voice out entirely and he's just a lip-flapping mute. All I'm saying is, the industry has gone this route before.

Oh, it was the lead singer of the Johnnys-affiliated group TOKIO, who makes a cameo in the first episode as a goofy gag calling out the OP song they performed. Not sure it was an actual money issue or if it was just the ever image-conscience Johnny's organisation deciding get didn't want to be affiliated with the show outside of Japan at that point - this is the same organisation the refused to let any of the covers or promotional material for the live-action Yamato movie feature their talent outside of Japan despite one being the movies lead!

Oct 25, 2017
If they could do this with a patch and just mute Vic's characters in my DVD collection and just put in the Japanese VA that would be great.

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anybody else had to unsubscribe from an anime youtuber over this shit yet? I'm sitting here watching a Forneverworld video and he's on the #ISTANDWITHVIC side.

Can't fuck with him after that. I feel like the only anime youtubers I can support now are Super Eyepatch Wolf, Mother's Basement, and Gigguk.

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else had to unsubscribe from an anime youtuber over this shit yet? I'm sitting here watching a Forneverworld video and he's on the #ISTANDWITHVIC side.

Can't fuck with him after that. I feel like the only anime youtubers I can support now are Super Eyepatch Wolf, Mother's Basement, and Gigguk.
I'm actually currently completely ignoring one. I never subscribed, but after just seeing what her stance was based on the title of a video I was done.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017

Not over this, but I stopped watching The Anime Man after he had PewDiePie over and in a video with him... long after PewDiePie outted himself as a racist anti-semite.

Anime Man was actually the only anime youtuber I watched, so I just don't watch anime youtubers. Sadly, my youtube and twitch subs are small as hell due to how many people out themselves as shit people. I struggle to find people to watch nowadays.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it was the lead singer of the Johnnys-affiliated group TOKIO, who makes a cameo in the first episode as a goofy gag calling out the OP song they performed. Not sure it was an actual money issue or if it was just the ever image-conscience Johnny's organisation deciding get didn't want to be affiliated with the show outside of Japan at that point - this is the same organisation the refused to let any of the covers or promotional material for the live-action Yamato movie feature their talent outside of Japan despite one being the movies lead!
I'm 99% sure it was the management under which the song was performed refusing to allow anyone outside Japan to license their work. Not only is that scene muted out (which they totally could have played for laughs by bleeping him out instead), but they didn't even have use of that opening sequence at all.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This has tested

Knew there was something odd about Forneverworld. At least Geekdom101 seems like a good guy