• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's the Monday after Kamehacon, when the con will apparently be suing Monica and the other VAs who dropped out. Prepare for mountains of incel rage when that obviously doesn't happen.

i assume that's when they think that the 'court papers' for Vic's supposed lawsuit will be served

That's IT? Ffs I should have known better than to think something was actually going down.

These people really must be absolute morons if they're swallowing BFL's horse shit that Kamehacon will (Or even COULD) sue anyone over this. I mean, weren't Kamehacon even supportive of Monica's signing event?

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's IT? Ffs I should have known better than to think something was actually going down.

These people really must be absolute morons if they're swallowing BFL's horse shit that Kamehacon will (Or even COULD) sue anyone over this. I mean, weren't Kamehacon even supportive of Monica's signing event?
Literally.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
They're now saying Toei is gonna replace Sean and Monica. Like, even if Toei is pissed about this what would that solve?
Gonna be "interesting" to see how they continually spin this as the months go by and neither Toei or Funi kick any of the anti Vic people out.
Sean being kicked especially would cause a much bigger shit storm than kicking Vic ever did. I've also seen people suggest that Sabat will be fired, which is hilarious since he not only voices shit tons of characters across tons of Funi shows, but his studio is the one that actually records DB anime and game dubs for Funi and Bandai.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I hate those voice actors. I know people give Sabat grief for using the same voice but he can change it up. There's a distinct difference between Hero All Might and regular All Might.

I will admit, he was okay in Episode of Sabo, but I will not shed a tear when his replacement voice takes over for the proper Dressrosa arc. I mostly bought that to hear the other voices since Funi hasn't gotten to that point in the anime (Bartelomeo was fucking golden)
Sabat shows more range in Dragon Ball Super alone than Vic probably has his entire career. Vegeta, Yamcha, and Piccolo all sound fairly different.

If you had me choose between Ed, Rohan, Tamaki, Fai, Junpei, etc. I probably couldn't tell you the difference based on sound alone.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like Chris Sabat has cancelled his Kamehacon studio tour due to a scheduling conflict, and of course Vic defenders are harassing him for it.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Chris Sabat could sneeze and they'd harass him over it

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Saw this tweet go by on my timeline, and thought it was at least tangentially related.

Especially with mentions a page or so ago that Vic would get Ed Elric's lines changed how he thought Ed was a Christian.

Last edited:

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Almost definitely unrelated, but still funny.

But of course some dumbasses think he pulled out because Toei is taking DB away from Funi or other dumb shit.
The fact that these galaxy brains actually think Toei would take DB away from Funi because of Vic is hilarious.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The fact anyone would think that TOEI (of all people) would care about an American Voice Actor, especially one at Vic's level, is laughable.

Duck Sauce

Oct 30, 2017
United States
Someone correct me on this. Vic plays one voice in the whole dragon ball series/movies and now these diehard "Dragon ball fans" want to blow up the whole US voice acting cast?

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone correct me on this. Vic plays one voice in the whole dragon ball series/movies and now these diehard "Dragon ball fans" want to blow up the whole US voice acting cast?
in the old movies broly had barely dialogue including KAKAROT!, 2018 movie he had more dialogue not as much as the others in the film mind you.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Almost definitely unrelated, but still funny.

But of course some dumbasses think he pulled out because Toei is taking DB away from Funi or other dumb shit.
The fact that these galaxy brains actually think Toei would take DB away from Funi because of Vic is hilarious.

Always a riot whenever they propogate these conspiracy theories all the while screaming "WHERE'S THE EVIDENCE???????"

In more positive news, Chris Ayres is playing Freeza in the TOP Blu-Ray release.

Just the Blu-Ray release? I know he's been struggling with COPD, but I haven't been following the dub that closely.

Vic's defenders aren't exactly known for critical thinking.

Oct 25, 2017
in the old movies broly had barely dialogue including KAKAROT!, 2018 movie he had more dialogue not as much as the others in the film mind you.

I remember seeing a compilation of all of new Broly's non-screaming dialogue. It was like two minutes long, and that included him grunting.
They could get anyone to play Broly and it wouldn't make a difference.

Just the Blu-Ray release? I know he's been struggling with COPD, but I haven't been following the dub that closely.

Yes. For the TV airings he's played by his understudy Daman Mills.

Last edited:

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
it's funny that they think that Toei even knows about this Vic shit let alone them being angry at funimation over it

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I remember seeing a compilation of all of new Broly's non-screaming dialogue. It was like two minutes long, and that included him grunting.
They could get anyone to play Broly and it wouldn't make a difference.
Well yeah, Monica Rial is going to play Broly now.

Sabat shows more range in Dragon Ball Super alone than Vic probably has his entire career. Vegeta, Yamcha, and Piccolo all sound fairly different.
Pretty crazy when you go back to like, the original Freeza dub and he's playing not just those three, but practically half the other male cast and they all sound exactly the same.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
He also played Burter in Kai and Kai alone, not even video games after Kai.
The Vic stans are a combination of a few dire hard fans and a bunch of alt right shit bags. The whole Vic situation hasn't actually affected Funimation (or Toei) at all when it comes to money. The majority of the fanbase doesn't give a shit.

Last edited:

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah, Monica Rial is going to play Broly now.

Pretty crazy when you go back to like, the original Freeza dub and he's playing not just those three, but practically half the other male cast and they all sound exactly the same.
hell Eric vale could be a good broly, listen to Tomura Shigaraki in my hero academia anime dub, he would be good as broly imo

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Schemmel could probably do Broly too, his Vic impression is pretty good

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I am sad tho knowing that the English version of Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku was sung by Vic for GT and I genuinely loved his version.

Now it brings me sadness.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Sabat is still going to the con, it's just that the tours were canceled.

Most of the comments are fine, but there are of course still some shit stains in there, including someone talking about the whole supposed April 15th thing.
Can't wait till nothing of substance happens on that date.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Because they live in a fantasy land.
aren't most of their dumb talking points from blackface lawyer's stream? at least the toei one is i think. why would a guy who never engaged with anything in the anime industry before this have contacts in toei? answer as always is he's full of shit.

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
They're suggesting that Toei is the reason why the that Studio Tour was cancelled at Kamehacon, as well as the reason why Ryo Horikawa cancelled just today is because Toei is pissed with Funimation/America.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
They're suggesting that Toei is the reason why the that Studio Tour was cancelled at Kamehacon, as well as the reason why Ryo Horikawa cancelled just today is because Toei is pissed with Funimation/America.
Which is hilarious, Toei doesn't give a single shit as long as Funi makes money.
Vic is a nobody, Toei has zero reason to give a shit about him, especially when Funi kicked him for good reason. Funimation is an incredibly important partner to Toei, they wouldn't get pissy with them over Vic. At the absolute most Toei might have asked Funi what was going on and Funi would have explained it to them and told them about their internal investigation and Toei would be like "k" and move on.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Literally why would Toei even care? I know the answer will make 0 sense anyway, but like...

Is it just that they think they're so important that Toei's definitely seen it and thinks it's a big mark of shame upon Funi that this is happening, or something...?

cause like even if that were somehow true... you'd think it'd be because they let themselves get associated with someone like him to begin with, and not because they unjustly fired this super honorable man or whatever the fuck they think, lol

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Literally why would Toei even care? I know the answer will make 0 sense anyway, but like...

Is it just that they think they're so important that Toei's definitely seen it and thinks it's a big mark of shame upon Funi that this is happening, or something...?

cause like even if that were somehow true... you'd think it'd be because they let themselves get associated with someone like him to begin with, and not because they unjustly fired this super honorable man or whatever the fuck they think, lol
They legit believe this is tanking the popularity of Dragon Ball. They also believe that Vic is the reason why Broly made so much money.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
it's funny that they think that Toei even knows about this Vic shit let alone them being angry at funimation over it

"I don't know how much you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert) but Funimation just shot itself in the foot. You see, I've seen a thousand hours of anime, and just like in Shield Hero..."

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
They legit believe this is tanking the popularity of Dragon Ball. They also believe that Vic is the reason why Broly made so much money.
Meanwhile Super season 2 is hotly anticipated in America and Funimation's shitty remaster with its own controversy surrounding it managed to hit its preorder goal.
These children think they are hurting DB but they haven't done shit.

Last edited:

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hey Sean Schemmel just tweeted he just recorded Ultra Instinct. I guess this means Toei replaced him, huh Vic fans?

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
FFS, Funi putting out piss poor "collector's editions" of DBZ is doing more damage to the brand than this thing with Vic.

The list of people who care:
  • Vic's victims and their more direct supporters
  • Dub actor fans and congoers who are socially conscious and concerned with keeping creeps accountable and away from vulnerable people (Largest if least vocal group of the five)
  • Vic diehard fans, either due to his work or him being a "good Christian"
  • ComicsGaters/right-wing nutjobs hijacking "IStandWithVic" to generate clicks (YellowFlash, Blackface lawyer) or push a culture war
  • Vic and his mom
Compared to the Dragonball fandom at large? That's not a lot of people at all. No one else cares. People who don't go to cons? Don't care. People who like watching dubbed anime but don't care one way or the other about the talent? Don't care. The Dragonball fandom at large? Don't care. It says volumes that so many people on Twitter were confused by people being upset about Vic's re-invitation. It shows that people, by and large, don't care, and if presented with both sides would probably just come away with "this Vic guy sounds like a jerk, but he's a cool Edward, I like FMA..." or "wow, didn't know Tamaki was a creep, ha ha". Or something.

Fucksake, anecdotally one of my best buddies is a diehard Dragonball fan, decorates his online spaces with Goku, buys merch, loves the games and dub. He had no clue any of this was going on until a month later when I told him.

Firing Sean or Chris would do far, far more damage to DBZ as a brand or Funimation/Toei as a company, too, lol. Sean Goku and Chris Vegeta/Piccolo are actual iconic voices. Not fucking Broly. Toei, if they actually care, would do well to recognize this. This doesn't even get into how Sony's involved with Funi now and the stir Sony and Toei butting heads might cause.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
Didn't see that anyone posted this. This tweet is from yesterday:

Sounds like he's finished recording JoJo. I guess Viz Media kept him on? Who knows if they'll hire him in the future, but I do wonder.

(I've been lurking in this thread for awhile and man is this whole situation fucked up.)

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the narrative is that now #kickvic is going after the Critical Roll VAs because they didn't say anything about the whole Vic situation. This is obviously 100% false, and just baseless propaganda to stir shit and fan the flames some more.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems Ron Toye, Monica Rial's fiancé, will be the first person they'll be trying to intimidate. 400 pages of tweets of "defamation."

D4FqVkOWAAEGLyr