• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Then share your side asshole.

Or that Sabat's Special United States Final Beam Smash Flash Cannon and go away.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
At a recent con Vic has twice admitted that he was wrong and done wrong things and wishes to do better from here on including changing how he interacts with fans (supposedly), but he still denounces any act of 'assault' or 'molestation' on his part, and clearly still has trouble accepting the validity of the likes of MeToo and the provervial climate, as it is often termed, which he attaches to how cynical and angry the world seems to be, to paraphrase.

The bottom line is, for the most part it's only the most diehard vocal (or clueless) supporters left at this point. If they aren't going to KickVic now, then its being active will always be impetus for them to lash out, because Vic still is denying some claims and establishing a stance of his own and obviously not agreeing with everything being said and demanded of him, and that's enough for them to take his side against all others. Soo. We'll have to see how this plays out.

Oct 25, 2017
I remember managing to get a Keldeo poster signed by him at a con years back, since he voiced him in one of the Pokemon movies; and the lines instantly get packed a few [allowed] hours before the signing session even begins. Now I'm not sure if I should keep it.

I'm not even a big fan, but everything about this is all giving me a headache, especially the so-called "#StandByVic" fans who are just too damn defensive for their own good.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
At a recent con Vic has twice admitted that he was wrong and done wrong things and wishes to do better from here on including changing how he interacts with fans (supposedly), but he still denounces any act of 'assault' or 'molestation' on his part, and clearly still has trouble accepting the validity of the likes of MeToo and the provervial climate, as it is often termed, which he attaches to how cynical and angry the world seems to be, to paraphrase.

The bottom line is, for the most part it's only the most diehard vocal (or clueless) supporters left at this point. If they aren't going to KickVic now, then its being active will always be impetus for them to lash out, because Vic still is denying some claims and establishing a stance of his own and obviously not agreeing with everything being said and demanded of him, and that's enough for them to take his side against all others. Soo. We'll have to see how this plays out.
A lot of the people defending him probably never gave a shit about him before, or might not have even known who he was, but they just want to "own the libs".
I've also run into a lot of people who don't know the extent of the accusations, having only gotten the story from the defenders, so they are upset that his career is being ruined by "rumors". Luckily some of those people change their mind pretty quickly when you tell them the actual story.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i find it funny how people asking for proof of Vic's guilt are presuming his innocence without proof of said innocence

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i find it funny how people asking for proof of Vic's guilt are presuming his innocence without proof of said innocence
But he is innocent to them. Everyone in the world is innocent, of everything, to them.

...Except those that try and take away from their anime and games. The very active of coming and speaking out is proof of these girls' guilt.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Why do I have this feeling in my gut that Vic is going to keep a career and the victims won't get justice? I'm really hoping I'm just being pessimistic, which I don't want to be...

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Well....that one is actually atleast logical. The state of 'innocence' in this context is the absence of having committed a crime, and you can't prove a negative. That's why we have "innocent until proven guilty". A crime is something we can detect. An absence of crime is not.

The problem is that they're just saying that the entirety of the stories coming forth are lies and therefore invalid for...basically no reason. So we have plenty of crimes, they're just pretending there is nothing there.

People don't seem to realize that accusing someone of making a false harassment/assault claim is an accusation in its own right, and deserves to be held to the same standards.
This too.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Why do I have this feeling in my gut that Vic is going to keep a career and the victims won't get justice? I'm really hoping I'm just being pessimistic, which I don't want to be...
he probably won't work at any of the major places he has in the past at the very least

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's only a little related but after watching those Mangina videos I'm surprised Sean Schemmel doesn't get more work. He has a lot of range and he seems like a genuinely good guy. Is he too expensive or something?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I mean..... ChangeTheChannel didn't kill Channel Awesome....

Mostly because they managed to get the heat off by throwing jewario under the bus (not that what he did wasn't horrific, but it certainly did distract from channel awesome, changing the conversation from "channel awesome did some awful things to various video producers" to "jewario did some awful shit to his fangirls")

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's only a little related but after watching those Mangina videos I'm surprised Sean Schemmel doesn't get more work. He has a lot of range and he seems like a genuinely good guy. Is he too expensive or something?

I can only imagine that playing Goku must be a full-time job.

I bet he's long grown sick of having to reenact surprise over learning about his Saiyan brother over and over for decades.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I can only imagine that playing Goku must be a full-time job.

I bet he's long grown sick of having to reenact surprise over learning about his Saiyan brother over and over for decades.
Yeah, looking at his credits on Wikipedia, dude's resume is absurdly long with most of it being for just one character.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, looking at his credits on Wikipedia, dude's resume is absurdly long with most of it being for just one character.

I bet he suffers from PTSD any time he learns that a new game is coming out that's going to retell the original storylines AGAIN.

(takes a drink) "Sigh......fucking Raditz."

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It always more interesting when Sean pops up in things that don't require him to be Goku, still looks he does get freelance work outside of Funi/DBZ, especially noticeable after 4kids shutdown.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So it seems he won't be owning up to it any time soon.

It's a classic situation of he said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said......

... This story actually got personal for me yesterday. I never paid much attention to anime conventions or VAs, but my best friend's girlfriend helped host a con where Vic Mignogna attended. She... was not kind in describing how uncomfortable he made her.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This whole thing got personal for me due to how many people were like "I want evidence/not testimony because that doesnt mean Jack shit" and it's like "dude I dont have evidence when I saw sexually assaulted as a kid 23 years ago so I guess it just never happened and I made it all up :/" plus I hate the rep anime cons get due to this shitty behavior and I'd love to see it change.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It always more interesting when Sean pops up in things that don't require him to be Goku, still looks he does get freelance work outside of Funi/DBZ, especially noticeable after 4kids shutdown.

I want to say he lives out in LA, so he still occasionally does dubs whenever NYAV Post picks stuff up. They mostly do the newer Gundam stuff and anime movies for GKids.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Man, you guys were right: that Kanzenshuu thread is a total trashfire. Let's be grateful Mike and co. have zero tolerance for nonsense like this:

From what I see, Vic suffered these allegations because he's a Christian who is likely not in support of gay marriage, and refuses to sign Yaoi art, so the ultra-pro-left wants to bury him for having a different personal opinion than theirs, so they make up stories. Combine fake stories with Vic's personality of being ultra-nice and warm-hearted, and people twist his behavior to be something nefarious.

Just goes to show there's absolutely zero valid reasoning for anyone to make this shitstorm up.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I don't understand how this guy is worth the time and energy to defend, even pass the amount of piling bullshit against him, what a dumbass hill to die in.

Im half convinced people supporting it have their own shitty skeletons they need to keep in the closet.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
This whole thing got personal for me due to how many people were like "I want evidence/not testimony because that doesnt mean Jack shit" and it's like "dude I dont have evidence when I saw sexually assaulted as a kid 23 years ago so I guess it just never happened and I made it all up :/" plus I hate the rep anime cons get due to this shitty behavior and I'd love to see it change.

I can relate all too well, friend. Vic certainly seems to echo a terible person from my childhood too.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
It's a classic situation of he said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said......

... This story actually got personal for me yesterday. I never paid much attention to anime conventions or VAs, but my best friend's girlfriend helped host a con where Vic Mignogna attended. She... was not kind in describing how uncomfortable he made her.
Yeah, this story hits home for a lot of us who know someone that HASN'T joined on the dogpile with outlaying their own personal account of a Vic harassment incident.

Most of his defenders don't realize that there's still a litany of folks out there who aren't at all comfortable with coming forward and joining the brave few that have put their necks on the line and have been willing to withstand the social media onslaught that his fanbase are all too happy to bring down upon them. They're under the misguided belief that everyone that has come forward is just doing so for the first time/is making something up/has an agenda when none of those things are true and not everyone has (or ever will) come forward.

I was legit surprised when he popped up in Berserk and Giant Robo, respectively.
Sean was getting regular work in most NYAV Post shows for a number of years. Mike Sinterniklaas kept him busy.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
This post has just about every trope, shitty hot take you can imagine

I don't even know where to begin with "Dubs Now". What garbage.

That it's romanticising 90's dubbing is so off-the-mark I can hardly believe it. Citing Sonic Adventure 2 as an exemplary localization isn't merely hysterical, but ignores how the actual actors came forward with the asinine expectations and direction placed upon them.

Last edited:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I think the only hot take from that tweet I only somewhat agree with is that voice acting fandom was much more palatable in the late 1990s-early 2000s... but not because the VAs didn't have Twitter to espouse their political views but because the fans didn't have Twitter to espouse theirs.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing says someone is approaching the discussion of sexual harassment allegations in good faith than a twitter bio claiming that they mostly post "anime tiddies".

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I ended up blocking this dude a few years ago after he went on an antisemitic rant about sonic haters deserving the same fate as victims of the holocaust.

These people are the absolute fuckin' worst and what a coincidence they're the ones supporting Vic.
Lol, I feel like making a Twitter account just to block him.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
On the one hand I'm not sure why giving this person more views on his shitty pic is necessary but on the other

imagine being mad at ProzD getting professional work
imagine defending the Sonic Adventure voice acting job when even the voice actors complained about it
imagine thinking dubs now are overall worse than they were in the 90s
imagine thinking there's only a small pool of VAs
imagine not realizing that most games aren't dubbed in Great Britain so of course the Dark Souls voice actors don't get more work
imagine also not realizing most of the Dark Souls voice actors are actually more into stage acting and were sought out for that reason to lend more credence to the sort of Shakespearean-esque flair the devs wanted
imagine being mad at a talented voice actress and director is talking about her experiences as a darker-skinned Asian American woman on her personal twitter
imagine saying "no new talent gets found" after complaining a deaf girl got a role in a roundabout way
imagine being livid because Mario, Ash or Ivy's voice actors' views doesn't align with your personal political views
imagine not realizing that modern VAs are like ten times into anime than the old guard

just imagine

Last edited: