• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up blocking this dude a few years ago after he went on an antisemitic rant about sonic haters deserving the same fate as victims of the holocaust.

These people are the absolute fuckin' worst and what a coincidence they're the ones supporting Vic.
Of course he's a creepy Sonic fan. Of fuckin' course.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Weird numbers with Vic's Twitter followers. Last one is Friday + Saturday + Sunday. Bots? Gater flood?
TVS398Z.jpg

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Lionizing '90s anime voice acting is so weird; I lived through the '90s and I'm having a hard time imagining it from anyone who isn't running purely on blind nostalgia. Remember the Final Bout dub? That was peak '90s right there.

Also, after seeing the Broly movie, I actually think it provides the perfect time to boot Vic, too. Bonus points if
he's actually a recurring character when Super is back instead of just appearing in all the games, so Vic can't look at the franchise again without hearing his replacement.

Oct 25, 2017
It always make me laugh when people learn that an actor they like has left-leaning views.
Newsflash: The majority of actors are liberal.
I bet all those 90's actors he heaped praise on would also say Trump is awful (since let's be real, that's what people like him mean by "political views")

Gaston, Guts' buddy/fanboy from the Band of the Hawk.

Also played him in the movie trilogy.

"So, which one of you is Goku?"

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
A thread regarding experiences with a younger Vic.

Unbelievable. That part with her kids...:'(

It always make me laugh when people learn that an actor they like has left-leaning views.
Newsflash: The majority of actors are liberal.
I bet all those 90's actors he heaped praise on would also say Trump is awful (since let's be real, that's what people like him mean by "political views")

"So, which one of you is Goku?"

"Why does [thing I like] have to get political?!?" is so goddamn blatant. They'd lap up anything spouting conservative themes.

Oct 25, 2017
God I hope Vic's ass ends up in court.
He needs to. If it went any further it would be a statutory rape on top of rape case unless sophmore in high school was a lot older 30 fucking years ago. And I was right, he's ALWAYS been like this. He's just a sick predator hiding behind his faith. That's nothing to rally around and protect, he's a fucking monster.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
He needs to. If it went any further it would be a statutory rape on top of rape case unless sophmore in high school was a lot older 30 fucking years ago. And I was right, he's ALWAYS been like this. He's just a sick predator hiding behind his faith. That's nothing to rally around and protect, he's a fucking monster.
It's not good to speculate on such things, but I think it's very likely has has committed at least a few statutory rapes.

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
One video I was looking at recently had him talking on a panel about his time as a cop. I'll try to pull it back up later. But he was really making sure people understood that a cop does not always have to read you your Miranda rights if they don't plan to interrogate you because they straight up caught you doing something. And, like, while that IS true, it was also, like, a really weird thing to say...?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
According to what I could find he was a cop for 2 years, 86-88. After that is when it sounds like he went to work for the Christian organization mentioned in the latest story.
Jesus fucking Christ.

Gotta stop my mind from racing through all the possibilities of women he could have taken advantage of in that position.

I wonder if he was fired for something like that too, or if he left voluntarily.

One video I was looking at recently had him talking on a panel about his time as a cop. I'll try to pull it back up later. But he was really making sure people understood that a cop does not always have to read you your Miranda rights if they don't plan to interrogate you because they straight up caught you doing something. And, like, while that IS true, it was also, like, a really weird thing to say...?
eyes.png

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Notice how all of Vics careers have been where he was in a good position to manipulate young people. This scumbag deserves jail.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

Of course he'd be a cop like that.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
ho lee shit

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ.

Gotta stop my mind from racing through all the possibilities of women he could have taken advantage of in that position.

I wonder if he was fired for something like that too, or if he left voluntarily.

eyes.png
You ever watch The Wire? McNulty was a cop for years...let that sink in. The whole possibility of reasons for why he stopped are frightening and probably got swept under the rug. Hell he could've been Presbo bad.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Notice how all of Vics careers have been where he was in a good position to manipulate young people. This scumbag deserves jail.

I don't even think voice actors are normally a position to manipulate young people unless you specifically leverage what celebrity status you have and seek fans who are more easily manipulated. My friends who are nuts about voice actors aren't digging into their favourite's personal lives and following on their every word, even if they'll watch an anime specifically for that voice.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
So...what are the odds of him pulling this shit on a lot of underage teenage girls?
100%

Fuck it, I'm just gonna put it out there that I personally think there's a 100% chance he has committed statutory rape at some point, if not non-consensual rape of an adult. It's all just a matter of 1. a woman being brave enough to report it to the authorities and 2. it being within the statute of limitations.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Definition of "weird flex, but okay."

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
MarzGurl Much love to you, the survivors, and everyone else behind #kickvic. You're doing the right thing. Thank you.
Thank you for the kind words. The hate group thrown at me from YellowFlash has made me question if this was the right thing to be pursuing. I'm hoping they're just the loud, angry mob. I've had so many people (industry included) approach me to tell me their stories in private and anonymously, so I have to assume that they feel like this is finally the right time. Never did I dream last month that this was actually gonna be the time that something was going to actually be done about it. I sincerely thought that this would be just like all the other times I was privy to those conversations where we'd all sit around the campfire and tell our Vic stories over dinner and then nothing would ever change. I'm shocked we're here right now.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for the kind words. The hate group thrown at me from YellowFlash has made me question if this was the right thing to be pursuing. I'm hoping they're just the loud, angry mob. I've had so many people (industry included) approach me to tell me their stories in private and anonymously, so I have to assume that they feel like this is finally the right time. Never did I dream last month that this was actually gonna be the time that something was going to actually be done about it. I sincerely thought that this would be just like all the other times I was privy to those conversations where we'd all sit around the campfire and tell our Vic stories over dinner and then nothing would ever change. I'm shocked we're here right now.
<3

I echo what Kinvara said. Thank you for joining the discussion here.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this shit, but it's the right thing to do. The fact that a group of women can gather around and tell stories about one person like that is reason enough to do what you are currently doing. He shouldn't have been allowed to do this to that many people for so many years.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I also echo what Kinvara has said as well. Thank you MarzGurl for joining the discussion here on ResetERA.

It seems like Vic has brought the #MeToo and #TimesUp movements to the convention scene finally and this is long overdue for Vic.

I've personally heard stories about Vic going as far back as 2005 from fellow con attendees and I was hoping some sort of action would've been taken back then from the stories I've heard. But finally, something is actually being done with regards to VIc.

I'm hoping Funimation will not hire Vic for any future voice acting gigs and maybe he could be arrested and serve jail time over what he has done.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like Vic has brought the #MeToo and #TimesUp movements to the convention scene finally and this is long overdue for Vic.
The funny thing is that Vic is actually collateral damage in the fallout of another, less famous serial abuser in the anime convention scene that was outed shortly beforehand. The people crying out that this is only happening because of Broly is laughable; anyone who has been paying any attention to Anitwitter knows that's not the real catalyst at all.

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing is that Vic is actually collateral damage in the fallout of another, less famous serial abuser in the anime convention scene that was outed shortly beforehand. The people crying out that this is only happening because of Broly is laughable; anyone who has been paying any attention to Anitwitter knows that's not the real catalyst at all.

Oh wow!!! So Vic got taken down along with another abuser in the anime con scene? Huh!!!

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Do tell who?

Oh wow!!! So Vic got taken down along with another abuser in the anime con scene? Huh!!!

There has a been a few as of late

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do tell who?

There has a been a few as of late

Dylan "Hazukari" Kleiman.

He was a nobody who managed to kinda hang around with industry people at cons and used that as clout to make himself look important. He had a small handful of writing credits on places like ANN (all of which have been pulled). He somehow managed to keep his "pro pals" circle separate from this younger circle he was running with. Everyone knew he was a horn dog but his sex pest (and worse) practices flew under the radar for years. His outing kicked off a wave of naming and shaming harassers and abusers in the anime circuit.