• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Oh man the replies to that Funi tweet are great.

So many assholes trying so desperately to either get a company twitter to buy into their bullshit or just score points with their little group of predator defenders.

I mean it's soul destroying to read through them but at least I'm getting joy from how fucking mad this is making people.

There needs to be no give here. This guy needs to be gone from the industry. He's becoming a symbol of misogyny and people need to stand up against it before it becomes something unstoppable.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to remain realistic and presume they won't be re-recording Vic's existing material (it's not like he's getting residuals) and am content that he won't be contracted to record additional roles in the future... whether he voiced them in the past or not.
Agreed. I don't think they will recast him either.

Vic isn't getting any additional money by not recasting him. Sucks for people who don't want to listen to his voice though.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

About time. Hopefully this means his future with Dragon Ball is done as well.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Innocent until proven guilty!"

"...they conducted an investigation tho."

"Then show me the proof! Where is the evidence?!"

Uuugggghhhhhhhhhh....
I saw one of those "can we see the evidence " posts... replied back "No" ... best feeling I've had with this event.

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
I'm glad Funi dropped him. Now I'm wondering about FighterZ. They announced DBS Broly as "Coming soon", so I feel they'd already have the dialogue recorded. If so, will they re-record it? I can imagine redubbing a few start/end match lines and skill/team dialogue isn't as much as redubbing a movie, but I don't know for sure.

RockGun90

Jul 28, 2018
More like some guys don't like that creeping on underage girls (and women in general) has consequences now.
Look, I'm just saying, it seems wrong to fire a guy and take away his livelihood over "allegations". Until I see hard evidence, I have to #StandWithVic. I don't think my demands are outrageous. All I'm asking for is VR-Compatible footage of the events in question with Vic and the "victim" both holding up two forms of government ID with a couple of my homies there and a cop watching over the scene. And his grandma has to be there to verify his identity.

/s

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Funi dropped him. Now I'm wondering about FighterZ. They announced DBS Broly as "Coming soon", so I feel they'd already have the dialogue recorded. If so, will they re-record it? I can imagine redubbing a few start/end match lines and skill/team dialogue isn't as much as redubbing a movie, but I don't know for sure.
They didn't even have in-game footage of Broly and Gogeta, so I doubt they already have dialog recorded.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Personally I wouldn't expect them to re-dub him for FighterZ. They probably should but depending on whether they can get it in the schedule they'll probably not want to risk delaying the character over something like that.

Maybe they'll re-dub him for a proper boxed sequel/ update when they've gotten a fixed replacement.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Personally I wouldn't expect them to re-dub him for FighterZ. They probably should but depending on whether they can get it in the schedule they'll probably not want to risk delaying the character over something like that.

Maybe they'll re-dub him for a proper boxed sequel/ update when they've gotten a fixed replacement.
The amount of dialogue that a DLC character has in FighterZ is tiny, they could record new Broly and rerecord old Broly in one day if they wanted to.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
The amount of dialogue that a DLC character has in FighterZ is tiny, they could record new Broly and rerecord old Broly in one day if they wanted to.
You're not just talking about paying a Voice actor though. You've got all of the associated staff as well. So you've got a director, studio time, editing, etc, all of which cost money. Re-dubbing even a tiny amount of dialogue is probably going to be a big job.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You're not just talking about paying a Voice actor though. You've got all of the associated staff as well. So you've got a director, studio time, editing, etc, all of which cost money. Re-dubbing even a tiny amount of dialogue is probably going to be a big job.

There's also the casting process which I'm sure isn't something you'd want to rush. I just can't see them spending the time and money redubbing something that's most likely already recorded.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
And they could afford it. They have to do recording so often for DB stuff that it could fit right in to the schedule and they could do both Brolys in one session.
There's also the casting process which I'm sure isn't something you'd want to rush. I just can't see them spending the time and money redubbing something that's most likely already recorded.
That's assuming he hasn't already been recast.
Anime casting doesn't take long.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Look, I'm just saying, it seems wrong to fire a guy and take away his livelihood over "allegations". Until I see hard evidence, I have to #StandWithVic. I don't think my demands are outrageous. All I'm asking for is VR-Compatible footage of the events in question with Vic and the "victim" both holding up two forms of government ID with a couple of my homies there and a cop watching over the scene. And his grandma has to be there to verify his identity.

/s

"VR-compatible" got me.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

/s

That Chapelle skit gets me every time...I think the whole skit would be scarily accurate too in this situation.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

/s
"VR-compatible" got me.

Same here, that bit was fucking perfect... but honestly, the ridiculous way these guys go about this shit, that might as well be true.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
First Gen Fukunaga being moved into a chairman role (still would prefer him gone entirely) and now Vic kicked. You're doing good, Funi.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
"Innocent until proven guilty!"

"...they conducted an investigation tho."

"Then show me the proof! Where is the evidence?!"

Uuugggghhhhhhhhhh....

And if you show them proof, either the proof isn't good enough or the thing it's evidence of "isn't that bad." It's a never-ending cycle of goalpost moving.

So yeah, ignore 'em. They aren't owed anything and can die mad about this.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
How does that work exactly?
Outside of trying to get his victims fired and/or to kill themselves via concentrated harassment initiatives?
Because I doubt very much their supporters are going to allow those efforts to gain any sort of traction.

well first they'll make a transmutation circle

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017