• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sccnpyfr.jpg

These people are morons.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Reading Monica Rial's recent tweet, then hearing the end of a YouTube video where claims of collusion are levied at the recent i09 article - "I don't believe any of it", "I wonder why they didn't want to give their name" - made me so angry that I'm just going to go to bed.

So I was wondering if this would be brought up...

Yeah, this kind of thing doesn't convince these shitheads because they immediately write off anonymous sources. These folks get angry when people don't name their sources when talking about video games, because they think protecting your sources means you're making it up, so they're surely not going to believe it when they're invested in something like this. They have no idea how reporting works.

Of course, we all know that if names were named they'd just try to discredit and harass them anyway. But that's their excuse.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
While I'm sure that part of it, there are plenty of them who just want to shut down women who come forward about their experiences.

It's definitely both. All the people talking about how he's "a good guy deep down" and "he must be hurting so much right now :(" as if they know him personally are incredibly creepy.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So I was wondering if this would be brought up...

Yeah, this kind of thing doesn't convince these shitheads because they immediately write off anonymous sources. These folks get angry when people don't name their sources when talking about video games, because they think protecting your sources means you're making it up, so they're surely not going to believe it when they're invested in something like this. They have no idea how reporting works.

Of course, we all know that if names were named they'd just try to discredit and harass them anyway. But that's their excuse.
That's pretty common in any scandal where the perpetrator has a cult-like following, be it a celebrity, politician, or business executive. It's weaponized disbelief.

Diema

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
User Banned (permanent): Trolling across multiple threads, abusing the report system, account in junior phase
I can easily imagine causing a shitstorm over this, but I feel it is important to voice this opinion.

If he's guilty, I hope he gets the fucking noose. If he's innocent, then I hope that he can put this behind him and find work soon. But consider this - if the only difference between the noose and being able to continue to work for a living is objectivity, then I think it is wise to wait and see what the courts have to say about it as opposed to relying solely on anecdotal evidence.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I can easily imagine causing a shitstorm over this, but I feel it is important to voice this opinion.

If he's guilty, I hope he gets the fucking noose. If he's innocent, then I hope that he can put this behind him and find work soon. But consider this - if the only difference between the noose and being able to continue to work for a living is objectivity, then I think it is wise to wait and see what the courts have to say about it as opposed to relying solely on anecdotal evidence.
Oh look it's a burner account.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being such a loser, you threaten to bomb a convention over someone who voices characters you like

These same people wouldn't call an ambulance for their neighbor having a heart attack

Amishpriest

Oct 26, 2017

So let's not believe the victims' testimony. Gotcha.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

Let's just ignore the dozens of accounts, AND FUCKING PICTURES AND VIDEOS, that portray Vic as exactly who his victims claim he is. Like literally LITERALLY we have pictures of Vic kissing 14 year old girls on the neck and we still have assholes being like "oh well you know let's wait until the full story is told"

Fucking hell man.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Bruh, you're not fooling anyone...

Diema

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
Imagine being such a loser, you threaten to bomb a convention over someone who voices characters you like

These same people wouldn't call an ambulance for their neighbor having a heart attack

No kidding. I find it highly unlikely the bomb threat has any credibility, but it is still a shame that people like this exist who apparently desire nothing more than to remove what separates us from goddamn animals.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was Vic scheduled to be there before this all went down? I know a bunch of places cancelled his showings. Someone had a list of events previously.

Here's Vic's Con 2019 schedule - what's left of it.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Wow those comments are all completely awful.

I have to wonder, when #metoo began, where these same people defending Harvey Weinstein? Cause it really feels like it would be the same people.
I don't know for sure if they're acting on it, but there were definitely a ton of people declaring #MeToo a fake witch hunt.

therotten

Feb 3, 2019
If he's somehow an actual lawyer, which is doubtful, someone needs to report him to his state's bar association. Could get his license revoked.
I looked the guy up and he is listed with the Minnesota Bar.

BUT his law firm website is a patreon, he practices "lawsplaining" on YouTube, and he's a general racist, holier than thou asshole on Twitter.

In other words, a TV lawyer with no proof that he's actually corresponding with Vic, or that Vic has actually lawyered up at all, has organized a campaign based on his word alone, and people are buying it.

(also the phrasing he used on that platform allows him to take the money should Vic decline the donation or not pursue legal action)

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

BUT his law firm website is a patreon, he practices "lawsplaining" on YouTube, and he's a general racist, holier than thou asshole on Twitter.

In other words, a TV lawyer with no proof that he's actually corresponding with Vic, or that Vic has actually lawyered up at all, has organized a campaign based on his word alone, and people are buying it.

(also the phrasing he used on that platform allows him to take the money should Vic decline the donation or not pursue legal action)
Sounds like something the Minnesota Office of Lawyers Responsibility would like to know. Unfortunately it looks like they only accept mailed complaints.
http://www.ag.state.mn.us/Consumer/Law/Default.asp

Form and instructions:
http://lprb.mncourts.gov/complaints...661&View=1488ba36-6c61-4f94-acad-cf214f1b19af

It would probably be most meaningful if the person who sent it in was actually wronged by the guy (even if it's something as simple as being trolled on Twitter).

Last edited:

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017

...So essentially, like I thought, a literal alt-right grifter, especially considering the parenthesized. Amazing. These people really are idiots.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

No employer is obligated to employ a specific person, and there's a giant giant difference between whether Vic gets work as a voice actor anytime soon and whether he is, uh, executed, which for some reason you put on the table as the only alternative.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
So that internet lawyer who set up the gofundme for Vic? Yeeeaaah, not surprised.

I heard about the lawyer "development", but knew there was something fishy. Insane.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Here's Vic's Con 2019 schedule - what's left of it.

Jesus, I thought only Matsuri was left (due to the operators being rapists). But there's several more still... WTF?!

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Hey there. I made an account specifically to watch this thread. I've been lurking since page 8 was published. As a victim of rape and someone working hard to do voice over full time, this whole ordeal has left me feeling sick and afraid to trust anyone, despite the many positive encounters I've had with most voice actors. KickVic actually helped me come to terms with my own past. It made me realize I was being groomed and sexually harassed by my very first voice over coach some years ago. He treated other female students far worse so I minimized how he treated me up until now. I won't delve into my personal experiences but if you wish to look into him, his name is Peter Rofe. He is not well known to the public unless you're involved in the voice over industry which extends further than just cartoons and video games. He still has a lot of power, so many victims choose not to come forward because they worry about their careers. He has since closed his school and last I've heard he was under investigation for sexual assault and sexual harassment this time last year. This was all over the news like CNN to name one. Vic is not the only predator in the voice over industry and he will not be the last. So while I'm not one of Vic's victim, thank you for believing in the victims who share their stories. Thank you for keeping me and many others informed without having to venture into the Twitter tag ourselves. It only leaves me feeling nauseous, stressed and by it's true definition, triggered. I'm genuinely concerned for the safety of everyone, especially Monica and convention attendees if this continues to escalate.

I should mention I have met Vic myself but it was a just an impolite experience more than anything else. It was at a con, I was on line for his autograph and photo. It's just what I do at cons..Talk to VAs even if I'm unfamiliar with their work, ask questions, maybe even learn that some offer classes. Despite approaching Vic as a beginner in the vo industry and naming a few credits, he just treated me like a fan. He signed a headshot I purchased with "Love Edward" and said it aloud in a lovey dovey voice. I never mentioned FMA or being a huge fan. I buy headshots from all the VAs I meet and he, surprisingly, didn't have one of just him. Ed is just the only one I'm familiar with. It was insulting, it felt like a slap in the face. How condescending of him... But it's nothing really warranting more than just "Wow, he really does have a huge ego". I'll also say that long before meeting him, when I was underage, I was well aware of the allegations as it has been an open secret in the con scene for years. I, foolishly, wanted to give him a chance anyway since we could one day be colleagues. Not to mention, anime VAs chastised people for signing the Free! petition during VO panels at the conventions which closely followed after the petition released. They were especially unkind if you were an aspiring voice actor. They claimed it was unprofessional and no one will hire someone who signs petitions like that or speaks ill about their voice actors, specifically Vic. I thought giving him a chance was putting my career first. But this, along with other Vic related things I'm too afraid to discuss, are my own demons I have to deal with.
Welcome and thank you for sharing this with us.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
ANN just posted an article about the swatting incident

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...-damaged-classified-criminal-mischief/.143617

The claim that voice actress Samantha Inoue-Harte's rental home door was damaged on February 18 was confirmed in a police report obtained by Anime News Network from the Williamson County Sheriff Department on Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown person damaged the residency's front door.

Inoue-Harte claims that she received a phone call from a fake phone number that said she was SWATed, she drove to the rental home, and found the door damaged. She then contacted police.

Inoue-Harte's Facebook post came under scrutiny after it was published on Monday when it was discovered that the photos used in the post that day were the same ones Inoue-Harte posted on her Facebook account after a police response to an alleged burglary to her rental home in 2016.

Anime News Network reached out to Inoue-Harte and she clarified that she did reuse the photos in her Facebookpost because the door that was damaged on Monday showed her home address number. In order to avoid showing her house number on the damaged door, she stated she instead used the old photos.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Wait so the Swatting DID happen?
"Inoue-Harte claims that she received a phone call from a fake phone number that said she was SWATed, she drove to the rental home, and found the door damaged. She then contacted police. "

aka apparently she got a call, went and checked it out, found damage and called the police.

no actual swatting seems to have happened but instead someone called her using a fake phone number and either that same person or someone else kicked in her door.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
"Inoue-Harte claims that she received a phone call from a fake phone number that said she was SWATed, she drove to the rental home, and found the door damaged. She then contacted police. "

aka apparently she got a call, went and checked it out, found damage and called the police.

no actual swatting seems to have happened but instead someone called her using a fake phone number and either that same person or someone else kicked in her door.

Yeah realized my mistake. Still fucked. It means someone got her actual address and not only that but lived close enough to go there and kick open the door and bust it themselves. That would make me fucking scared.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Guessing the mystery caller also mentioned #standwithVic, which would've been unusual with a regular police call. Fuckfaces actually breaking into the homes of VAs.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Been lurking in the thread and just watching each new depressing development between Vic's "supporters" is just... what the fuck? Between his fuckin' wack statements (I had to reread his statement on consent on the last page several times before it registered and slowly slid into a facepalm) and the fervor it seems swaths of folks are going to "defend" him, and even attacking DBZ's mainstay VA's just makes my fucking brain hurt. I really, really hope we see something resembling justice for all the victims in this train wreck.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

Looks like that gofundme is real... but something about it still feels incredibly shady. Not to mention it just being fucking gross that Vic is taking money from his fans for a legal fund.... and the people behind said legal fund being alt-right.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Of course he's friends with him and approves it. Of course. And of course the "surplus" will go to a Christian, anti-LGBTQ organization.

Fucking grifter.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Uhh, what recourse is he seeking? His reputation is so thoroughly known (and fucked) in the industry, nobody's *ever* going to want to work with him again. If he's expecting compensation from suing Funimation/other VAs, I *highly* doubt that's happening. Skeevy and pathetic as hell.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
There's really nothing you can do to change these shitheads' minds. They're not interested in anything actually going on in reality. They don't even actually care about Vic, or the series, or the anything. They're there for one reason and one reason only - to be assholes and attack anyone who isn't an alt-right piece of trash like them and in this case it's to attack women.

They're losers who you can never, ever win over with any kind of dialog. The only reasonable thing you can do is tell them to fuck off, shut the fuck up, and shut them down. No engagement, just dismissal. Never play their game.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. What legal attack is the gofundme going to defend vic from? Unless I missed a story, he hasn't been legally charged with anything.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently he'll be suing Funimation? Or Monica? Nothing really concrete at this point.
It's all so weird and nebulous that I highly suspect that if they manage to raise all the money we'll never hear about anything happening and the people involved will just disappear along with the money.

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Could he seriously be planning to sue Funi? The reports they have of his treatment of women working for them would get him laughed out of court surely? Although... is there any chance this could open the door for him to see criminal charges brought against him somehow?

What a twist regarding the Samantha story -- so it wasn't swatting, but it wasn't a make-up story, either.

It never ends.

I'm just glad it wasn't faked... but I'm actually even more worried about the safety of the people being harassed now if these maniacs are actually capable of breaking into their homes.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
This piece of shit is seriously going to try and drag his victims through the legal mud?

Just when you think he couldn't possibly get worse.