• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
doppelgangers-1.jpg

Keira Knightley & Natalie Portman
Clearly Geoge Lucas thought so too...

latest

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
I honestly thought Yondu was Woody Harrelson for an embarrassing amount of time.
This is a bad thread for me since I have mild face-blindness and have to recognise actors by voice, but I never even questioned that Yondu wasn't Woody Harrelson. Fairly certain all the people I saw it with thought it was him.

Emma Stone / Jane Levy
Come on, don't be silly. The lady on the left is clearly Asian.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
I am embarrassed to admit, in the late 90's I saw a trailer for American Pie and I thought the lead was played Adam Sandler, I vaguely knew who Adam Sandler was so I assumed it was him, thing is I don't know how popular Adam was here in the UK in 1999 but I had only just heard of him and saw one movie, Happy Gilmore, then I saw American Pie and realised his name was Jason Biggs, this was before I had regular acess to the Internet.

Oops

97941_ECE-8_B55-4_A88-99_F6-737_CACAA670_C.jpg
36_F04_FBC-_F68_F-420_A-_B638-3_F929_B3_A2_B3_A.jpg

Left - Not Adam Sandler. Right - Not Jason Biggs

Last edited:

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
hF592C53B

I'm not saying it's genuinely spot on, but when watching a film that prominently stars Dennis Quaid one thinks 'gee he looks a bit like Harrison ford from certain angles'.

NinjaBoiX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
lol at everyone hoodwinked by this obvious if beautiful troll.

Purposely get the names the wrong way round on #1 & #3 then stick an egregious #2 slapbang in the middle?

Well played OP.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
I always just use the shorthand that if the actor is playing a nice character, it's Stanley Tucci, and if he's playing a mean character, it's Mark Strong.
lol..except when it's not. Just watched Patient Zero where Stanley Tucci is very much the bad guy! And yeah, it's easy to get these two mixed up!

Lol
Dave Chapelle was Electro in Amazing Spiderman 2 not the Shocker.

Stop messing with this poor guy's head. You ain't right for this ;)

I feel like you have to try to mix up these two.

This is just offensive.
C'mon...you know when Chapelle came back on the scene, you know the first thing everybody said was that he looks like a swole Bokeem Woodbine. I still laugh at it.

Clearly Geoge Lucas thought so too...

latest

Mind blown. I had no idea!

Last edited:

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Zoe saldana and Thandie Newton (Westworld) had me confused back then for a short while.

Also Bardem and walking dead guy.

Third one would be that guy who looks like Orlando Bloom and plays in the hitman movie .

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Nothing, and I mean nothing will get close to Logan Marshall Green / Tom Hardy:

1ac14e4024d91169ce1938ba8b3546fc.jpg

They are legit twins.

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hmm not being posted yet but there was once I mistaken Patrick Wilson for Chris Pratt for a few minutes

B3aTH9wCQAEOlZd.jpg