• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017

Astronaut Roy McBride (Brad Pitt) travels to the outer edges of the solar system to find his missing father and unravel a mystery that threatens the survival of our planet. His journey will uncover secrets that challenge the nature of human existence and our place in the cosmos. In Theaters September 20 Directed by: James Gray

I remember reading somewhere that the director described this movie as Heart of Darkness in Space.

Movie looks great

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
This movie should be right up my alley, but trailer 1 looked really bad to me. It was hard not to laugh at the tonal shift with the Halo warthog battle looking scene on the moon. This trailer is a better but I still don't know what they are going for.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Trailer didn't blow me away, but I'm always in for a sci-fi/space mystery movie

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I regretted not seeing Lost City of Z in theaters so I will see this opening weekend even though the trailers haven't been great. Believe in James Gray.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
That was an awesome trailer.

Only bit that made me go "eh..." was a vehicle chase + shootout on the moon.

Jul 4, 2019
I found this trailer to be much better than the first. I have complete trust in James Gray. Also, Max Richter is doing the score so consider my even more hyped.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saw the first trailer the other week and it floored me. I can't wait to see it. I'll be skipping this one I'm already sold.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I ignored this movie as I thought it was a space biopic. Saw the trailer on accident...

Looks like a day 1 for me.

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
The look of the film looks like a low rent Arrival but the plot is a low rent Interstellar.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That looks really good. I'm in.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Looks miles better than the first trailer with it's weird action-y scenes and editing. I'm on board because of James Gray anyway but this second trailer has done a lot to assuage my fears. I believe I read somewhere that the movie is a lot more esoteric and out there than the first trailer would have you believe so it's nice to see this one lean more into the thoughtful aspects of the film

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
James Gray and Max Richter and Hoyte van Hoytema doing space.

Moon buggy shoot-out aside, this could be something special.