• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Transcript shows how Rep Schiff kicked Gaetz out of the hearing.
According to the transcript, Schiff interrupts the opening statement of Rep. Jim Jordan, asking whether there is anyone in the room not on the Intelligence, Foreign Affairs or Oversight committees that are conducting the closed-door portion of the investigation.

"Mr. Gaetz, you're not permitted to be in the room," he notes.

When Gaetz asserts that he should be allowed in the room because "I am on the Judiciary Committee," claiming that "I thought the Judiciary Committee had jurisdiction over impeachment," Schiff asks him to "please leave."

"Mr Chairman, really?" Jordan asks.

"Yes, really," Schiff responds.

"You're going to include Members of Congress on committees that have roles of impeachment —" Gaetz begins to respond, when Schiff interrupts him.

"Mr. Gaetz, take your statement to the press. They do you no good here. So, please, absent yourself," he says.

"You're going to have someone remove me from the hearing?" Gaetz responds, to which Schiff shoots back: "You're going to remove yourself."

"Mr. Chairman, I think in the 20 hours of testimony we've heard in the two previous interviews, there have been a grand total of 12 members of Congress present," Jordan argues. "I don't think it's going to hurt to have a 13th member actually hear something that, in my judgment, all 435 members of Congress should be entitled to hear."

The exchange continues in repetitive fashion until Schiff apparently loses patience.

"Mr. Gaetz, why don't you take your spectacle outside?" Schiff asks. "This is not how we conduct ourselves in this committee."

Gaetz retorts: "I've seen how you've conducted yourself in this committee, and I'd like to be here to observe."

Schiff then puts his foot down, declaring that the deposition will be paused until Gaetz abandons his effort, adding: "I do want to say that this dilatory tactic will come out of the minority's time for questioning" and announcing that he would be starting the clock keeping track of each side's questioning.

The transcript cuts off, and restarts at 10:43 a.m., close to two hours after Hill arrived at the Capitol for her deposition. When it picks up again, the general counsel for the Intelligence Committee, Maher Bitar, relays a ruling from the House Parliamentarian indicating that Gaetz is not allowed to be present.
Schiff then tells Jordan to resume his opening statement, but not without quickly interrupting once more to make a request of the lawmakers' stenographer.

"The record should reflect that Mr. Gaetz has left the room," he says.

Last edited:

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Republicans just refuse to play by the rules. Its unfuckingbelievable.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I also just wanna say, Schiff is quite professional. I know he'd be better than Pelosi tbh lol But this is good shit!

OP
OP
RustyNails

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I also just wanna say, Schiff is quite professional. I know he'd be better than Pelosi tbh lol But this is good shit!
It's insane how professional he is. I would break out of character and immediately yell at Gaetz to get the fuck out before i call for his arrest. But then that's why I will not run for Congress!

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
It's insane how professional he is. I would break out of character and immediately yell at Gaetz to get the fuck out before i call for his arrest. But then that's why I will not run for Congress!
đź’Ż with you. He's really good at this. Whenever I see his name in the headlines - I read.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
If Trump's (Putin's?) plans fail, they're going to be able to make some amazing dramatizations of this shit.

(Scarily, if the plans succeed, our grandkids will never know the truth)

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
To be fair, Gaetz was probably drunk. Multiple DUIs don't just happen on their own!

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
What are the chances we can see this live on video? Plz plz plz!

And I'm so glad it was him that was kicked out. Watching his interview a short while back on CNN made my blood boil when they just went in when they weren't supposed to.

OP
OP
RustyNails

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What are the chances we can see this live on video? Plz plz plz!

And I'm so glad it was him that was kicked out. Watching his interview a short while back on CNN made my blood boil when they just went in when they weren't supposed to.
Probably close to nil. This happened in SCIF where no electronics are allowed even phones.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
So, this was before the Republicans stormed the SCIF, right? This maybe is what led to it, because Gaetz got his nose tweaked here and felt like he had to do something?

Either way, what a fucking tool.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Absent yourself...you dumb petty bitch. (I don't know how Schiff resisted blowing up)

I hope Gaetz gets hits with obstruction charges down the road once things get hot. He's deliberately trying to obstruct the impeachment process.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a good example of why Schiff was put in charge of this stuff. He has the perfect temperament for it. Even when he is pissed off he keeps it cool and delivers what he needs to in a calm fashion.

Gaetz wanted to be led out by Capital Police so desperately to really make it into a circus and Schiff was not going to be played like that

julian

Oct 27, 2017
This is a good example of why Schiff was put in charge of this stuff. He has the perfect temperament for it. Even when he is pissed off he keeps it cool and delivers what he needs to in a calm fashion.

Gaetz wanted to be led out by Capital Police so desperately to really make it into a circus and Schiff was not going to be played like that
Yeah, him turning Gaetz' presence into a way to eat into Republican talking time was a good move (assuming he followed through). Similar to denying Trump any ability to defend himself in the public hearings if he continues to obstruct. Don't play their games and remind them who is actually in control of this process.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
"Mr. Gaetz, you're not permitted to be in the room," he notes.
"Mr Chairman, really?" Jordan asks.

"Yes, really," Schiff responds.
Schiff then tells Jordan to resume his opening statement, but not without quickly interrupting once more to make a request of the lawmakers' stenographer.

"The record should reflect that Mr. Gaetz has left the room," he says.
I like how Pizza Gaetz makes his presence known, demanding GOP access to this super secret soviet style closed-door testimony, while GOP committee member Gym Jordan was trying to give his opening statement. And then Jordan feigns indignation when Gaetz was told to leave. Good job. We're all totally convinced.

The only reason the GOP does stunts like this is because Donald and his MAGA base are so fucking dumb.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I like this but I don't. Doesn't this just play into the idiots hand (to the public)?

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
To the layman, it sounds like he was excluded and paints Schiff as the bad guy (for rightfully kicking him out)?

If there's even a 0.0005 chance of this leading to removal, it will need the entire polling nation to convince Republicans that they need to drop Trump to save themselves. So I feel like the conservative headline will be " Schiff kicks out Republican member of Congrsss" on conservative media. Just don't want the growing demand of impeachment and removal by polls to be dented by Republican foolishness.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
To the layman, it sounds like he was excluded and paints Schiff as the bad guy (for rightfully kicking him out)?

If there's even a 0.0005 chance of this leading to removal, it will need the entire polling nation to convince Republicans that they need to drop Trump to save themselves. So I feel like the conservative headline will be " Schiff kicks out Republican member of Congrsss" on conservative media. Just don't want the growing demand of impeachment and removal by polls to be dented by Republican foolishness.
This seems like a stretch. Conservative media already ran those headlines even though it was bullshit. You could argue that showing a conversation between a republican and a Democrat on the committee (Schiff and Jordan) shows that the claim Republicans were kept out was nonsense.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
They would spin it either way.

This way wastes less time.

or i guess on the other hand you could have let him go on longer and taken away even more time from the Republicans but that would seem a bit more unfair.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Classy AF moves from Schiff. Infinitely more patient than I would've been. I don't have that kind of restraint. The second I knew he was trying to punk my ass, I'd have gone apeshit.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gaetz likely wanted to get kicked out by force. Makes for a nice spin story, "Look what the Dems don't want us to hear!"

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
This seems like a stretch. Conservative media already ran those headlines even though it was bullshit. You could argue that showing a conversation between a republican and a Democrat on the committee (Schiff and Jordan) shows that the claim Republicans were kept out was nonsense.
They would spin it either way.

This way wastes less time.

or i guess on the other hand you could have let him go on longer and taken away even more time from the Republicans but that would seem a bit more unfair.
I'm just pessimistic, I want him impeached and for it to not have any blowback on any of the nominees next year. So I'm just concerned the Republicans will be deceiving in circumstances like this to highlight how they were obstructed and shit (we know they weren't) to the every day man. They have nothing else.