• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ners-run-their-league/?utm_term=.8a03951d4c64
NBA Commissioner Adam Silver has been approached by "several NFL owners" over the past few years about jumping over to take charge of their league, according to a report Thursday. That would have meant displacing Roger Goodell, who has been NFL commissioner since 2006.

Silver has also been approached by some Fortune 500 companies, according to ESPN's Ramona Shelburne, and when asked for "his reaction to those job opportunities," as she put it, he replied, "I'll just say I have not given it any thought."
NFL owners trying to buy some of that good PR to make themselves seem less racist.

Replace me if old.

Oct 27, 2017
This was years ago when Jerry Jones was pissed off at Goodell. Fuck Jerry and fuck the rest of the owners. Silver is too good for them.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I think they also approached that chimpanzee who smokes cigarettes and the octopus who picks super bowl winners as potential value net positive replacements as well

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Naw Adam Silver has done great things for the league and is the main reason that the NBA has been gaining traction over the years.
All the NBA needs to do is settle some of the competition parity issues in the next CBA and then the league will flourish even more.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
You can get rid of the problematic commish, you still have problematic owners like the Panthers owner and JERRY.

Plus, the asshole owners who while aren't racist, are money hustlers like the Spanos.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Naw Adam Silver has done great things for the league and is the main reason that the NBA has been gaining traction over the years.
All the NBA needs to do is settle some of the competition parity issues in the next CBA and then the league will flourish even more.

probably my only real gripe with the league is the parity issues. other than that, I agree, he's been fantastic. A much improvement over Stern.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
They would send him packing the minute he talks about player agency. Masta Jerry ain't going to put up with that

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
probably my only real gripe with the league is the parity issues. other than that, I agree, he's been fantastic. A much improvement over Stern.
Yeah, it's really the only stain on his resume but it's an issue that isn't as easily solved due to player autonomy.
At least with Silver, I feel like he is a good representaion of what a good progressive commissioner should be, whereas I always felt Stern to be an oppressor and looking out for ownership rather than the health of the league as a whole.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Adam's building what could be the legacy of the best professional sports commissioner in history. Why wouldn't he leave for the chance to attempt to clean up the mess NFL owners made for themselves, particularly when they've shown no remorse and no serious commitment to cleaning it up?! What a tempting offer!

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Adam's building what could be the legacy of the best professional sports commissioner in history. Why wouldn't he leave for the chance to attempt to clean up the mess NFL owners made for themselves, particularly when they've shown no remorse and no serious commitment to cleaning it up?! What a tempting offer!

Dont forget that the sport is killing its own players too!

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
You can get rid of the problematic commish, you still have problematic owners like the Panthers owner and JERRY.

Plus, the asshole owners who while aren't racist, are money hustlers like the Spanos.
The NFL doesn't have a monopoly on terrible owners. See the SuperSonics and Phoenix, which was fleeced for a sports arena by a NBA owner.

The NFL's issue is that it gets that the player's union is one of weakest in all pro sports.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Silver's too much of an asset to the NBA, and as already stated, the issues with NFLs front offices is more than just a Goodell problem.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I too would also be tempted to leave a great job where I'm well liked and able to make common sense decisions to fix problems to take an infinitely worse job that no one wants