• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
So after a bunch of doctors, testing, etc. I got an ADHD diagnosis a bit over a month ago. My psychiatrist had me try 2 weeks of ritalin and then 2 weeks of adderall. Adderall worked much better for me than Ritalin did and so i am trying 20mg Adderall XR now. It works really well!

...When I remember to take it in the morning. However, when I forget until, like, my meal break at work Im taking it at like 6 PM and oh booooy do I stay up way too fucking late when that happens. I mean it still helps a lot in terms of focusing but being able to sleep is nice too, y'know?

So how do the rest of you guys do it? Any advice is greatly welcome at this point! Pill boxes dont work cuz I lose them almost immediately and leaving myself reminders doesnt work cuz I forget about the reminders like 5 seconds after I see them. :/

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I set my pill bottle right next to my deodorant in the bathroom so I'd see it right away when I got up and remember. This provided the benefit that my commute to work allowed time for my meds to kick in.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've honestly done it so long it's just an automatic thing for me. It's one of the few things I don't forget. Be careful about insomnia though, I haven't taken mine for months thanks to it...

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Not ADHD, but I set an alarm for my meds that have to be taken daily. Don't dismiss it, snooze if you have to, until you've actually taken it.

OP
OP
Charizard

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
I've honestly done it so long it's just an automatic thing for me. It's one of the few things I don't forget. Be careful about insomnia though, I haven't taken mine for months thanks to it...
I suppose that makes sense. TBH the few things I remember to do every day are all automatic like that lol

re: insomnia... Yeeeaaah, don't get me started on how the first night I took XR went. so much fuuuuuunnnnnn /s
I set my pill bottle right next to my deodorant in the bathroom so I'd see it right away when I got up and remember. This provided the benefit that my commute to work allowed time for my meds to kick in.
Good idea! Sadly, I have deodorant placed in like 3 different places because while I remember to put it on every day, I am really bad about finding it. So nowadays I have one in a sensible spot and a back-up one in the backpack I bring to work with me. :/

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I take an SSRI every morning and I just use Google reminders for things like that. I check my phone at least once before leaving the house in the morning so I'll see the notification before I leave.

Oct 27, 2017
I take a prescription the morning but for blood pressure. I put it on the bathroom counter where I'll see it each morning.
You could also try a daily calendar alarm on your phone so you don't forget until you get into the habit.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Not ADHD but I do take pills in the morning and they are put into this once a week so all I have to do is open the correct one every morning (ignore the fact that the writing is faded, I've had this for years now)

W7LTjVh.jpg

It's second nature to take them every morning now and put them into this once a week.

Oct 31, 2017
I don't. I still don't have a set schedule. And I don't know when to eat. The effectiveness of the medication is dependent on a million different factors and it's annoying and I'm still trying to figure it out D:

Oct 25, 2017
Just curious, but how old are you OP? I'm 27, but I've wondered if I've had it for.. since forever, and was considering getting tested too. PM me if that works better.

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
Because I know my day is going to be absolutely terrible without it. Plus I usually wake up groggy and I don't drink coffee so I head straight for the meds, which I keep in my lunch bag in case of the off chance I do forget to take it when I wake up.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Set an alarm. Someone in my extended family has Parkinson's and he has an alarm that goes off at the appropriate times of the day. Simple but effective.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
On work days I have a routine where I go to the station and take one. On the weekends...well, I saw this thread!

OP
OP
Charizard

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, while I can't remember my phone I do remember my tablet every day. Putting an alarm wouldn't really work for me tho but maybe there's a way to put an annoying-ass message that pops up on my tabby regularly until I take it.

VISION Yeah I currently store the bottle in my backpack in case I forget, cuz if I don't take it I'll realize I forgot a bit into my shift due to how hellish it is now that I'm used to meds. D:
Just curious, but how old are you OP? I'm 27, but I've wondered if I've had it for.. since forever, and was considering getting tested too. PM me if that works better.
I'm 25. I would go talk to your doctor about your symptoms and go from there.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had a appointment today at a mental institution since i can't cope with my adhd anymore, i will probably get Retalin since that is the only thing that worked for me as a child, concerta made me a zombie and i reassured them that proscribing concerta would not be a good idea.

Now i have a followup appointment next week in wich they will tell me the plan i also told em my dperession issues so if after i get meds and they work i still have that they will help with that too and set me on therapy if needed.

Anyway i am happy to try and go back on meds my concentration and focus is really bad i ruined multiple adications and i am smart enough to do higher education in tests.

Anyway as a kid i took ritalin in the morning, midday and sometimes evening.
I quit meds due to the concerta wich had a bad affect on me. But as far as i and my mom remember retalin worked good but only for a period of time, but the things are so cheap and under insurance so i don't mind if i would need to take more.

I heard about sterraline but that shit is expansive AF.

Anyway i will bookmark this one just in case and will tell my experiences once i am on meds again! 22 years old btw.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I constantly forget to take my meds and I only remember I forgot them when I start to feel "electric shocks" in my brain (best way to describe it)

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
I constantly forget to take my meds and I only remember I forgot them when I start to feel "electric shocks" in my brain (best way to describe it)
Same here. Not ADHD but depression, I'm on generic cymbalta. If I don't take it in the morning, by around one pm I'm pretty much useless from dizziness. Amazing how fast my body reacts to missing it.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
It's pretty easy to remember when you think about how much better your day is when I take them. I don't have as much issue with merely forgetting things, just higher cognition and focus.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Don't have ADHD, but a daily alarm or post it note in a place you go to every morning would work.