• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Adobe Insights analyzes data based on over 80% of online retail stores in the US. Here's what they had to say about Black Friday, per CNET.

Laptops and streaming devices such as Roku, Chromecast and Amazon Fire TV were among the top selling products on Black Friday, according to Adobe. Top selling video games included Red Dead Redemption 2, Let's Go Pikachu and God of War.

Source: CNET.

Over-33-of-U.S.-Black-Friday-sales-came-from-smartphones-according-to-Adobe.jpg

Image source: Phonearena

Pokémon seems to be doing really well, and likely will pickup as we head into the holiday gifting season. RDR2 should be no surprise. And GoW will probably hit some big milestones by the years end.

Edit: RE: Spiderman. My assumption would be that bundles aren't counted.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo, those God of War legs are insane.
Are bundles not being counted? How is Spider-Man not up there?

Also so happy at Pokemon's performance.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
GoW is being sold at greatest hits value and below. Not insane at all to see a top rated new game sell alongside all the added hardware

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I assume Spiderman isnt counted due to being bundled.
GoW legs seems Crazy good, looks like the same effect Horizon Zero Dawn had back in the previous BF.
Pokemon riding the launch sales with this event will cause huge sales so not really surprising.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So this doesn't count the bundles at all? Well Pokémon is a beast so no surprise it's leading the way.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
What is L.o.L Surprise and fingerlings?

• Seven layers of surprises including; (1) secret message reveals a hint at the doll's personality (2) collectible sticker sheet, (3) water bottle charm, (4) shoes^(5) outfit, (6) accessory, (7) L.O.L. Surprise doll with water surprise^Feed your doll with the water bottle to find out if she cries, spits, tinkles. Or bathe her in cold water to see if color changes!^ball play in four ways; purse carrying case, doll display, bath playset and hangout playset^Over 45 dolls to collect in series 1

It's a doll in a lootbox lol.

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Thanksgiving day:
PzGiqFB.png

God of War being on the list makes sense.
That is arguably the best deal in gaming right now.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Really cool to see a publisher put their best game at such a cheap price. God of War needs to be played by more people.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I keep forgetting that Adobe does this now. It's so weird.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The closer we approach Smash the more the magnitude of the Switch's impending holiday performance can be felt.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
At our store we pretty much blew through our 40+ copies of Mario + Rabbids. I remember stocking those games a few months ago, annoyed at how much shelf space it was taking (too many copies for one game that wasn't really selling =_=) thinking how long would it be sitting there for.

Looks like the price drop to 20$ made a difference! ^_^

God of War and Spiderman were sellers, too. Some guy also mispronounced '''Bayonetta" so badly we spent a minute longer than we should have searching for the game.

Mario Kart Switch bundles went quick, too! As did the Spiderman PS4 bundles.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
At our store we pretty much blew through our 40+ copies of Mario + Rabbids. I remember stocking those games a few months ago, annoyed at how much shelf space it was taking (too many copies for one game that wasn't really selling =_=) thinking how long would it be sitting there for.

Looks like the price drop to 20$ made a difference! ^_^

God of War and Spiderman were sellers, too. Some guy also mispronounced '''Bayonetta" so badly we spent a minute longer than we should have searching for the game.

Mario Kart Switch bundles went quick, too! As did the Spiderman PS4 bundles.
Mario + Rabbids at $20 is an absolute steal, biggest surprise of 2017 and a worthy evergreen for the Switch library.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome for Pokemon. Also, GoW makes sense. The PS4 was insanely priced and GoW (my current GOTY) was a ridiculous $17.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sony is very aggressive with their black friday deals. God of War at $20 is a fucking steal.

I remember thinking GOW could hit 8-10 million before release. Now I am more inclined to think 15 million LTD. Legs have been crazy since launch for a SP only non-Nintendo game.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While these were indeed all big sellers. CoD BO4 was actually the best selling game on Black Friday