• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
2watts, nintendo you better be fucking watching.

I hope so too, with their funding they could easily get some great support for the Tegra, even if it's for their next gen Switch.

Title should have really highlighted the fact that this is real time software raytracing and that it also works on AMD (and I'm sure nvidia's non-rtx and rtx) cards as well.

I managed to update it to real time 🙂

this is a nice software solution, though Imagination has been doing mobile RT for several years now so I'm not sure how this compares, to Imagination's HW-based solution

That's pretty cool, I think the great thing about these technologies is that they mean positive leaps for everyone in the industry. Higher end machines can glean higher frame-rates and potentially 3D renderers get quicker results.

Older machines potentially get new leases of life, and even lower powered machines can benefit from providing a similar (if not scaled back) experience.

Even mobile devices may get something out of it (yes I have some hopes and dreams of Switch 2 support).

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
did you make a new thread instead of replying to another thread by accident? lmao.

OP
OP
T002 Tyrant

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
did you make a new thread instead of replying to another thread by accident? lmao.

No but I found the other half of the thread, swear I just clicked reply 😂

www.resetera.com

Adshir's 'LoclRay' Real Time Ray-Tracing designed around mobile devices

Watch from roughly 22 - 23 minutes onward. Feel free to watch the whole thing. Summary: Other examples: Running off AMD gaming laptop: Running off Phone (unknown brand): While I don't think it's ready for say the Switch I think it's a promising first step in low resource ray tracing...

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope so too, with their funding they could easily get some great support for the Tegra, even if it's for their next gen Switch.
the biggest problem with software RT is that it takes up resources and then you'd get very low framerates. hence why everyone has moved to hardware-based solutions. running this on a regular switch might be possible, as long as you aren't expecting a game, really

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
The new thread button isn't meant for replies, mmkay?

www.resetera.com

Adshir's 'LoclRay' Real Time Ray-Tracing designed around mobile devices

Watch from roughly 22 - 23 minutes onward. Feel free to watch the whole thing. Summary: Other examples: Running off AMD gaming laptop: Running off Phone (unknown brand): While I don't think it's ready for say the Switch I think it's a promising first step in low resource ray tracing...

Status
Not open for further replies.