• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017

Some other comics by the artist:
shadyB*tch%2BGenderblenderbland.jpg

shady%2BB*tch%2BExpectations.jpg

4_0.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus this is basically a boomer comic. Whoever thought this should get published should be fired immediately.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Yikes. Been a long time since I've watched anything on adult swim. I know I'm alone on this but I feel like the quality of their shows has been a on steady decline for the past decade. At the very least my interest in their shows has been on a steady decline for the past decade.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't adult swim's future uncertain? Guess they're trying to sink themselves.

Awful comic.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Is it so hard to find someone to run your company's Twitter who isn't a shit head?
good social media managers are genuinely tough to find. this is from someone who comes from advertising and marketing.

not to excuse this shit, but yea, finding good help is tough for brand work.

whether or not this is just AS's brand now is another thing.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely shocking from the channel that hosted such tasteful and insightful content as Million Dollar Extreme.

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
I want to give it the benefit of the doubt and say it doesn't intend to have THAT exact message.

But his art is transgressive in the way only a white dude would think is edgy.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't adult swim's future uncertain? Guess they're trying to sink themselves.

Awful comic.
It out lived it's purpose, it was once the place to do expertmental quicky shit, but now everyone is doing and doing it better. Now it is the poor man's crunchy roll

Oct 25, 2017
Is that supposed to be advertising something? Like, besides the blatant transphobia and garbage, why post that? I feel very confused.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
I guess they've done the math and only ones who still have cable subscriptions are the alt-right.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
good social media managers are genuinely tough to find. this is from someone who comes from advertising and marketing.

not to excuse this shit, but yea, finding good help is tough for brand work.

whether or not this is just AS's brand now is another thing.
Is it because it is still seen as grunt work and get handed off to interns?

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Incoming tweet from adult swim insisting that this is not representative of the company when there are plenty of other shitstains working there with similar views who just aren't stupid enough to post it online.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Yooo. I've been kind of side-eye on them since Million Dollar Extreme but this is like... fuck.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Yo, what the fuck? Admittedly I haven't watched Adult Swim since the Sealab 2021 days but, I thought they were cool.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I knew they were shitty but yeah done. Only thing they had left I cared about was Venture Bros. (Which was already really close to my no list because of Hunter Gathers but the quality of the other stuff allowed me to begrudgingly deal with it) but nope, no more adult swim and I guess I never finish venture bros.

Is it that hard to just not say the offensive thing?

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
What's the joke? That the creator is transphobic? That's not a joke, that's just some of the typical trash you can find spewed on twitter everyday.

Most Adult Swim original shows always seemed like edgy try hard garbage to me, with extremely few exceptions like the Boondocks, so I I'm not super shocked that some of these people who work there hold terrible views to be honest.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Yeeeesh. haven't watched adult swim in ages, thankfully. Been getting my Bob's Burgers fix on Hulu for a while now

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's just....shit, for multiple reasons.

EDIT

Looking at more of the artists work and I am now confused.

Last edited:

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Is it because it is still seen as grunt work and get handed off to interns?
depends on the company and the size/eyeballs the work gets. for a long while there companies didn't see the value of social media until maybe a year or two ago. So yea a lot of this public facing brand work went to underpaid, ignored and lowly interns. That's where we see a lot of the very public social media flubs come from. You won't catch a multi-billion dollar company with established brand work let an intern gain control of their social media presence now. it's usually done by someone who has been with the brand for a few years and knows the language of the internal brand messaging and knows the language of the fans. That takes a long time to build and from where I work we have a handful of people within the Brand team that put together our social media packets and it goes through at least two other teams before it gets sent out into the world. There are moments tho where they do go off book and interact with the audience in one on one discussions, but those are also generally verified within the brand team before those interactions are sent off into the world. Everything is double/triple checked.

I don't know AS's procedures, but their whole thing is about their image. Especially now when they're known as a "lifestyle brand" moreso than a place to watch weird cartoons. I don't know how to read if this is a intern posting what they wanted under an official banner or if this is just a direction their content has pushed them. Their shows have gotten more and more extreme over the years and they are becoming known for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.