• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Back when Nintendo fans were claiming mobile Nintendo games weren't possible, Advance Wars was one of the titles I said would be perfect on mobile.

And it still would be as a stand alone game. I wouldn't want to see the super monetized Advance Wars, Nintendo would pump out these days.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
How do you get going with Wargroove on the phone? Are you talking about actually playing it mobile or just the notifications?

I've really been hunting for a good game of this ilk to play on my phone. Wargroove would be perfect if it's doable.
If you're on iOS then try Warbits

If Android then look into Lost Frontier.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Advance Wars: Dual Strike by way of the Drastic emulator for Android IS the perfect mobile game. Higher resolution rendering cleans up the appearance of non-spritebased visual elements, and the entire game can be played using the game's original touch controls (no emulated buttons required) from start to finish.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
We already have the perfect AW game on mobile anyway. It's called Warbits. It's a speedier AW and has a lovely style, plus gameplay (with a few ideas of its own). Love it to bits. It even has online play!

There even seems to be an enhanced version on the way as well, so maybe it'll get a bigger spread then? It's a shame nobody talks about it as it's (at least in my opinion) far more appealing than WarGroove.

Edit. The account got removed for some reason, turned out I didn't link to the official one! Updated to the correct video.

Is this not on Android?

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
How do you get going with Wargroove on the phone? Are you talking about actually playing it mobile or just the notifications?

I've really been hunting for a good game of this ilk to play on my phone. Wargroove would be perfect if it's doable.
Set up the Steam Link app and you can play over wifi or even LTE with streaming from desktop computer at home to your phone.