• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Llama

Oct 27, 2017
There is an interesting adverse possession case going on in my home city of Philadelphia, where a resident is trying to claim he owns a lot that the City says it owns. The lower courts ruled for the guy, and I believe it's at the PA Supreme Court now.

Some random links about it: https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news/fishtown-family-fights-philly-over-vacant-lot-20171016.html

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
you know the street view is older than the new photo.

Different car in the driveway and a tree is removed plus the overgrowth. it's like you guys are being willfully ignorant about this.
You can't be serious. Overgrowth? Are you out of your mind? The one being willfully ignorant is you if you think just because the grass isn't being cut often means a house is abandoned.
Well I found the actual address and the home owner.
This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Now that you've found the owner you should alert them they have squatters and somebody is trespassing and posting updates on the internet.

Lardonate

Oct 25, 2017
My Grandmothers house lay empty for about 8 years, about 200 miles away from where I live, while I looked after her. Eventually she went into care for the last couple of years of her life, then we had to sell the house to pay for the care costs. I drove up to check the place out a few times a year, mow the lawn, weed the driveway etc. Every time I drove up I wondered if there'd have been a break in or worse. Luckily no scumbags ever tried it on. I would've been a bit pissed off to say the least.

I would advise against doing such a thing tbh. It's not proper.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
I really thought this was going to be a shack in the middle of nowhere. Not a quarter million dollar property on a busy road.

It's really been an incredible watch. I said earlier in the thread I was convinced this was a joke thread. I'm now 50/50, some people have actually come in with the exact same evidence we've all been shown and somehow come to the conclusion this is an abandoned home.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It's really been an incredible watch. I said earlier in the thread I was convinced this was a joke thread. I'm now 50/50, some people have actually come in with the exact same evidence we've all been shown and somehow come to the conclusion this is an abandoned home.
No one ITT aside from OP thought it was abandoned. And OP is trolling for certain, so...

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): Inappropriate off site sleuthing
Mod edit: Contents removed

Last edited by a moderator:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Let's just leave the owner alone. It's obviously not abandoned and I doubt they want people bringing all this attention to their property. At the most send them a mail if you can somehow to let them know people have been inside.

OP, leave it alone. Easy.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if OP bothered to research anything or just decided he would try to take the house anyway.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Actually you were repeatedly pointing out "signs" and saying it warranted research. I also have directed you to a post where you said the house appeared abandoned.
Actually no, what happened was I didn't read the thread properly (my bad) and said "if it looks abandoned it likely is, for the time being at least".

Then when I looked into it properly I saw it was clearly not abandoned.

No one thought it was if they actually read the thread. It's full of people trolling, OP included.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Your turnaround in this thread is giving me whiplash
Read my posts properly. I made a mistake early on, I didn't read the thread properly which meant I didn't have the correct info. I literally state this.

I realized it, correct myself, that's it. It's all there black and white, lol.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Read my posts properly. I made a mistake early on, I didn't read the thread properly which meant I didn't have the correct info. I literally state this.

I realized it, correct myself, that's it. It's all there black and white, lol.

Yup all there.

Keep it up. Have a back up plan in case the owner(s) return, otherwise treat the place well and stay as long as you can.

Please ignore people in this thread who don't have a clue about squatting.

Here's you telling him to keep it up after the photos have been posted

It doesn't. As long as OP takes care of the place and saves in case of the owner's return. There's no harm being done.

This is you saying it's cool for him to squat in this clearly not abandoned home, since you say once you caught up you realized it wasn't abandoned.

Just browsed the thread, and it seems the house is abandoned currently. It's in good condition though, so this might be a very recent thing.

OP needs to do more research, I personally wouldn't risk it in a place where the owner could walk in and shoot you on site.

Here's where you admit you caught up on the thread and say it looks abandoned currently.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yup all there.

Here's you telling him to keep it up after the photos have been posted

This is you saying it's cool for him to squat in this clearly not abandoned home, since you say once you caught up you realized it wasn't abandoned.

Here's where you admit you caught up on the thread and say it looks abandoned currently.

EDIT: no, actually you're right. I was calling it abandoned at this point still. I did mean more that the owners are just not there right now (from the signs people have been hanging out in it). Calling it abandoned was stupid of me.

Anyway, I've made enough of a mess in this thread. And I'm 100% OP is trolling, at this point at least.

Last edited:

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is going to be a great thread. Thanks OP, now u are obligated to (1) not get banned during this entire duration of the possession, because (2) provide updates

do it and post about it on your Instagram, I'm sure you'll get a ton of new followers
LMAO - the viral post that is needed to break 2k

Status
Not open for further replies.