• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bacalao

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to Nyla! Not only did she win but the match somehow turned out to be one of AEW's absolute best so far. Great, great stuff.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Imagine Vince doing something like this? Can you imagine the disgusting angle they would've tried to go with? Congratulations to her, it was a great match as well

AEW Dynamite! Wednesday's on TNT

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I legit cried. I've been watching wrestling all my life since the days of WCW and I never thought I'd live to see the day women like me would be represented in a big televised pro wrestling company. Then AEW happened. Then I thought maybe there was a chance of seeing a trans woman as champion but I didn't know when. I expected Nyla to win, but it hadn't really sunk in until it happened. Feels good.

OP
OP
Mahonay

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I legit cried. I've been watching wrestling all my life since the days of WCW and I never thought I'd live to see the day women like me would be represented in a big televised pro wrestling company. Then AEW happened. Then I thought maybe there was a chance of seeing a trans woman as champion but I didn't know when. I expected Nyla to win, but it hadn't really sunk in until it happened. Feels good.
❤️

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's because I haven't watched wrestling since Kane removed his mask and his hair went with it so I'm a bit detached from the subject matter, so maybe I don't have a leg to stand on. However, I say this post reaction is more important than people's feelings on spoilers.

Bacalao

Oct 27, 2017

:-)

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
The best part is that they didn't really try to flaunt this as some sort of milestone achievement the way WWE would to try and look more progressive than they are. She was just a woman who won the title tonight.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking DOPE. I love Nyla. I want her to powerbomb every woman she faces through a fucking table after every match now.

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nyla is the most improved AEW roster member since the debut. She's learned a lot in a few months. She was pretty bad when she started, but they've worked with her and she's been able to learn, she's good now.

Well deserved, though I think she's only going to have a short reign and lose it to Statlander (which is fine, Statlander's awesome too)

Nyla's also a huge KI fan so she has better taste in fighting games than Kenny Omega. She's done shout outs with her gear to Orchid before.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That match was stellar, she deserved it.

Great match for Riho as well, she got slammed pretty fucking hard.

That said, that Women Championship belt is way too small, It's like it was made for Riho ffs. I hope they'll have a bigger, more grandiose belt later on.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best part is that they didn't really try to flaunt this as some sort of milestone achievement the way WWE would to try and look more progressive than they are. She was just a woman who won the title tonight.

Yeah WWE really tries to make a show of how "progressive" they are. Which like end of the day I'm sure the women appreciate having a Royal Rumble and Main Eventing Wrestlemania and stuff but the way its all presented makes my eyes roll in the back of my head. Just let their talent speak for itself.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Imagine Vince doing something like this? Can you imagine the disgusting angle they would've tried to go with? Congratulations to her, it was a great match as well

AEW Dynamite! Wednesday's on TNT

Considering WWE just had Santino return at the Rumble in drag to enter the women's royal rumble match...

This is awesome from AEW, and Nyla has to feel on top of the world right now. Great for her. :D

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
I was gonna watch this later when I'm less busy, can we not make these reactionary spoiler threads please?

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I originally thought Nyla should've won the first time back in October, but now I'm glad this is the way it went. Much like Hangman Page, a few months of work has made the push make more sense. Both Riho and Nyla genuinely impressed tonight.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Neat accomplishment. Sad Riho lost the title at a non ppv match. Shouldve waited til the 29th

add another to the less than 2 hours later and being spoiled in a thread title. Really sucks because i had this dvr'd for my commute tomorrow

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Neat accomplishment. Sad Riho lost the title at a non ppv match. Shouldve waited til the 29th

I think it's important to make titles change in non-ppv matches to make the weekly shows important imo. Plus with only like 4 ppvs or so they have to make the weekly shows matter and this is a good way to do it.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I think it's important to make titles change in non-ppv matches to make the weekly shows important imo. Plus with only like 4 ppvs or so they have to make the weekly shows matter and this is a good way to do it.
Usually I agree, but the historical significance of this shouldve been on a ppv. Not a random wed on tnt

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
It's ~4am in the UK when this thread was posted. I guess it sucks for UK folk finding out when an American athlete/team wins before midnight US time....waking up to the news.
You're making it seem like the morning news or news media go over wrestling results like football or baseball.

It's easy to avoid wrestling spoilers til just now with this thread popping up.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I think that big stuff happening on random weds makes me want to tune in every wednesday instead of catching highlights though, you know? I get what you mean though.
If it was a tag belt change or jericho losing, id be fine with it.
Just the significance from a never before significance.

OP
OP
Mahonay

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Clearly having a wrestling match spoiled for you personally is more important than a historical landmark in the industry and for trans people everywhere
giphy.gif

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Live sports event and wrestling don't really fall under the same boat if the winners are determined.

Not knocking on wrestling as I do follow it but to compare it to a real sport that is not scripted is asinine.

It's a weird mix because it's a fictional show like Game of Thrones but it's also aired live in front of a live audience and stuff, so it has a similar vibe to sports in the sense of spoilers. I'm generally on the side of not trying to spoil people on it but also not expecting people to not spoil me because I get why things would feel that way. Plus with official twitter sources spoiling the shit out of the result hard to be mad at people for doing the same on social media you know? Wrestling spoilers always feel weird because I can see the argument from both sides.

If it was a tag belt change or jericho losing, id be fine with it.
Just the significance from a never before significance.

I kind of like it being done this way partially because the way some companies go out of their way to highlight "firsts" made it so artificial that it made me not care about them as much, if that makes sense. Like sometimes the "ultra important stage" treatment fills me with weird cynicism about the company trying to use it for the wrong reasons that keeps me from enjoying the moment lol. Tonight just felt like super casual in a "Yup that's how things are" sort of way that felt refreshing and nice to see. I personally enjoyed this approach more tbh. I'm 100% happy with how it was done but I get preferring it done on a PPV.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Yeah fuck all that spoiler talk. This is awesome, and something I never expected in wrestling, especially presented this well.

Congrats to Nyla, and thank god AEW is doing what WWE would never.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
It's a weird mix because it's a fictional show like Game of Thrones but it's also aired live in front of a live audience and stuff, so it has a similar vibe to sports in the sense of spoilers. I'm generally on the side of not trying to spoil people on it but also not expecting people to not spoil me because I get why things would feel that way. Plus with official twitter sources spoiling the shit out of the result hard to be mad at people for doing the same on social media you know? Wrestling spoilers always feel weird because I can see the argument from both sides.

I kind of like it being done this way partially because the way some companies go out of their way to highlight "firsts" made it so artificial that it made me not care about them as much, if that makes sense. Like sometimes the "ultra important stage" treatment fills me with weird cynicism about the company trying to use it for the wrong reasons that keeps me from enjoying the moment lol. Tonight just felt like super casual in a "Yup that's how things are" sort of way that felt refreshing and nice to see. I personally enjoyed this approach more tbh. I'm 100% happy with how it was done but I get preferring it done on a PPV.
The difference between social media and a forum like this, is that I can block keywords on twitter or avoid it entirely by not opening the app.

On a forum, you should just be able to avoid it by not going into X thread. If I post the end of the Last of US 2 an hour after release in a thread title or the end of whatever the new hot movie is an hour after it releases I'd likely get banned. Why is it okay when people spoil sports or tv shows before half the world even wakes up?

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Guys, the world starts and stops at my convenience, so I'd appreciate it if you'd ask me if I've gotten around to seeing it before posting a thread.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Trans rights?!

More like what about Spoiler rights?!

Anirite?!

Jfc

It's a significant event, it's up on Twitter.

Gain a modicum of perspective

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Clearly having a wrestling match spoiled for you personally is more important than a historical landmark in the industry and for trans people everywhere
giphy.gif
Your post history over the last few days is this thread and the aew thread. Would you be upset if I pm you what happens at the ppv at the end of month,12 hours before you're able to watch it?

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Guys, the world starts and stops at my convenience, so I'd appreciate it if you'd ask me if I've gotten around to seeing it before posting a thread.
Picard gets betrayed in the last episode of the season by an old character hidden inside a robot. It retcons Discovery and establishes JJ Abrams universe as canon to the tv show.
Shame you havent been able to see it like I already did.

Last edited by a moderator: