• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how this thread turned into people who don't like being spoiled don't care about trans rights lol

Extremely happy for Nyla, well deserved after improving in such a short time

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Brah do you know how many of us watch New Japan?

Watching New Japan has taught me that avoiding spoilers is on me because no one will help me avoid them.

Not the fans.

Not the official twitter.

Not the random threads that while not spoiling things with the title still give away who won by the number of replies in it.

Not even the NJPWWorld website that inexplicably updates with the champion on it basically as soon as the event is finished airing and needs an extra chrome extension to actually hide it.

It's just a journey of self-improvement in avoiding spoilers :P

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What a thread derail. Spoiler culture for a live sports-like event lol, gtfo.

Congrats to Nyla, this is a huge milestone.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Special occasion, it was historical. Also it's a live event.
It also spoils a show I was planning to watch, imagine if with your favorite show, people start making threads titled "in. Breaking Bad, fan favourite character dies" within the same day of it airing, before a good chunk of people can see it.

You can celebrate in the AEW thread, there is no problem discussing it there.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Not sure how this thread turned into people who don't like being spoiled don't care about trans rights lol

Extremely happy for Nyla, well deserved after improving in such a short time

Yo yeah, I wasn't super into Nyla winning the title last time because she didn't seem to be having the greatest matches but ever since then (especially tonight) her matches have been rad as fuck. She improved tons.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
You posting threads with full spoilers in OT? Or you sticking to the NJPW thread?

We talk about it live in the general wrestling thread... it's basically the same thing.

Like seriously sorry due but history doesn't wait for everyone to see it.

This is a live event with results shared instantly by the company on Twitter and this is more than just a title change it's the first trans wrestler to be crowned a champion by a major wrestling promotion and it happened live on national TV.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
We talk about it live in the general wrestling thread... it's basically the same thing.

Like seriously sorry due but history doesn't wait for everyone to see it.

This is a live event with results shared instantly by the company on Twitter and this is more than just a title change it's the first trans wrestler to be crowned a champion by a major wrestling promotion and it happened live on national TV.
Ah, so you guys keep it in a wrestling thread and dont post a thread with winners in the title? Why not? Seems like a live event should get new threads for every win according to your logic.
It is live after all.

Didnt realize ERA was owned by Twitter now. Imagine going to ERA and I get my twitter timeline to show up in OT. Must be some magic going on because I dont have that option while reading the OT.Can you give me instructions on how to do that? I managed to not open my twitter app and the aew thread within 2 hours of it airing. I managed to not go on reddit and visit squared circle. Imagine my surprise when I opened up reddit's NFL subreddit and there wasnt any aew spoilers in any of their posts. Why is putting spoilers in thread titles here okay? At the minimum it should be 24 hours before its allowed.

or just say fuck it and remove the spoiler tag entirely. Fuck having official threads, just have one giant chat thread

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
How about we change the title to "historic LGBT moment occurs on AEW (Spoilers)"

You don't have to put the spoiler in the title, anyone who is interested can enter and read.
Still a little spoilerish but it's much better.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so you guys keep it in a wrestling thread and dont post a thread with winners in the title? Why not? Seems like a live event should get new threads for every win according to your logic.
It is live after all.

Didnt realize ERA was owned by Twitter now. Imagine going to ERA and I get my twitter timeline to show up in OT. Must be some magic going on because I dont have that option while reading the OT.Can you give me instructions on how to do that? I managed to not open my twitter app and the aew thread within 2 hours of it airing. I managed to not go on reddit and visit squared circle. Imagine my surprise when I opened up reddit's NFL subreddit and there wasnt any aew spoilers in any of their posts. Why is putting spoilers in thread titles here okay? At the minimum it should be 24 hours before its allowed.

It's an historical event dude.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I shouldn't be surprised that someone would be so childish as to throw a tantrum and post spoilers for something completely unrelated to the thread they posted in, when said thread is about something historic happening in wrestling that deserves to be celebrated instead of being turned into a "what about me? What about Raven?"-esque commentary on spoilers.

Jesus, people, get a fucking grip.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
It is live after all.

or just say fuck it and remove the spoiler tag entirely. Fuck having official threads, just have one giant chat thread
1490167517_cheryl-cole-shocked.gif

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I shouldn't be surprised that someone would be so childish as to throw a tantrum and post spoilers for something completely unrelated to the thread they posted in, when said thread is about something historic happening in wrestling that deserves to be celebrated instead of being turned into a "what about me? What about Raven?"-esque commentary on spoilers.

Jesus, people, get a fucking grip.
So when your next game comes out, its cool if I make a thread with the big spoiler reveal in it in Gaming? I got your blessing?

OP
OP
Mahonay

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
It also spoils a show I was planning to watch, imagine if with your favorite show, people start making threads titled "in. Breaking Bad, fan favourite character dies" within the same day of it airing, before a good chunk of people can see it.

You can celebrate in the AEW thread, there is no problem discussing it there.
No, this deserves it's own thread, you don't get to tell others how they celebrate a moment for trans people

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you some of you d
jabroni actually complaining that a trans woman winning a world title is a spoiler? Something that's never happened in this business?

Genryu

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So when your next game comes out, its cool if I make a thread with the big spoiler reveal in it in Gaming? I got your blessing?

Damn, with all this time you've been using to complain about spoilers you probably could have just watched the event when it happened.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Y'all come on with the derailing such a historic moment ..
OT if anyone finds it can they post a link here or in the AEW OT of the backstage segment after Nyla won? Want to hear what she said to Kenny and co.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Like legit folks as a trans woman.

Thanks so much for making this all about you and you alone

Really appreciate it.

Means so much that a historical moment, of which we don't get many, gets turned into bitching about spoilers. Really cool.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
"you'll never guess what movie won best picture at the oscars (SPOILZ)"

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Why? You said you dont give a fuck.

I gotta hand it to you, you got a good laugh out of me.

It takes a lot to come into a thread about a trans woman making history and then complaining about how the world doesn't revolve around you. Lmao.

It'd be one thing if you made the post and left, but you actually are socially awkward enough to keep going. I can tell you're not particularly great with the whole communication thing.

And for the record, I have this episode DVR'd and haven't seen it yet, and guess what?

This shit is cool as fuck and historic and worth the thread.

Major congrats to Nyla. This is a big fucking deal.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
He could compromise in a way to celebrate without hampering the enjoyment of someone else, I offered a solution and his general response was

Yes you're right to celebrate a trans woman's achievement what we should do is reduce it to simply an LGBT moment to not piss off a bunch of spoilerphobes. Let's completely erase the specific transness of the story to placate whiners

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
User Banned (2 Weeks): Thread Derailment and Trolling Over Multiple Posts
I gotta hand it to you, you got a good laugh out of me.

It takes a lot to come into a thread about a trans woman making history and then complaining about how the world doesn't revolve around you. Lmao.

It'd be one thing if you made the post and left, but you actually are socially awkward enough to keep going. I can tell you're not particularly great with the whole communication thing.

And for the record, I have this episode DVR'd and haven't seen it yet, and guess what?

This shit is cool as fuck and historic and worth the thread.

Major congrats to Nyla. This is a big fucking deal.
You cool with me sending you BOTW 2 ending spoilers an hour after release? You'll be able to play it later. Shit will still be cool as fuck.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
You cool with me sending you BOTW 2 ending spoilers an hour after release? You'll be able to play it later. Shit will still be cool as fuck.

I read spoilers ahead of movies, tv, and games to see if they're things I wanna watch/experience.

Certain types of stories aren't my jam, so I prefer to know what to expect ahead of time.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
video games are really important to you, huh

imagine threatening someone with a spoiler to a video game

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I read spoilers ahead of movies, tv, and games to see if they're things I wanna watch/experience.

Certain types of stories aren't my jam, so I prefer to know what to expect ahead of time.
Cool. Imma add you to my friends list here and hit you up at release at midnight est

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. Imma add you to my friends list here and hit you up at release at midnight est

I mean, sure. I'm gonna block you tho because you're annoying as fuck to talk to? You're no friend of mine, playuh. You're just an ass who's decided that you matter more than a trans woman making history.

I don't have time for people who have no idea how to function with other people. lol

In any case, block time. If I keep seeing this weirdo's posts I'm just gonna help them derail more.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
congrats to Nyla, this is a big day and has (hopefully) knocked down a lot of walls

Genryu

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Back to the important business at hand, I want to continue seeing Nyla smash people.

It was an awesome match.