• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Congratulations to her. I don't watch wrestling and have questions (relating to the sport) but I realise this isn't the place.

Could someone be so kind as to link me a thread that will explain why this wouldn't happen in WWE? I'm a little confused.
Also I greatly enjoyed those suplexes off the back of the suplex thread :D
Because this man: https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/03/15/santino-marella-transgender-women-athletes/

Was on WWE TV like this, as late as January this year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlJxykDJmec

In WWE.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
It's been great seeing her improve as time goes on too. When AEW first started she was green as hell, but Nyla's gotten better very quickly (I think it's only been about 5 months!).

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give it a few months before Stephanie McMahon not shutting up about how she is a huge supporter of LGBTQ+ and has always been a true champion of the cause.

What would be the most shady / for profit LGBT organisation WWE could team up with for PR push?

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Give it a few months before Stephanie McMahon not shutting up about how she is a huge supporter of LGBTQ+ and has always been a true champion of the cause.

What would be the most shady / for profit LGBT organisation WWE could team up with for PR push?

If one doesn't already exist I'm sure they can found one

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah! Can't wait to see the feuds coming from Nyla as the boss of the division, Kris vs Nyla could be money.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I was there in person and it was fucking awesome.

She's a heel so most people were booing her but post match she got applause from most of the audience.

Great match and great moment.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

WWE never passes up an opportunity to pat itself on the back.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

She's a heel so most people were booing her but post match she got applause from most of the audience.

As someone who is completely alien to wrestling, this is both funny and awesome like is the audience also "pre determined" ? xD

Blah

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, it was great. I was booing when she came out then immediately popped and out of my seat when she won.

I didn't expect her to win at all and it was awesome.

As someone who is completely alien to wrestling, this is both funny and awesome like is the audience also "pre determined" ? xD

Her character is a heel aka the bad person. So what she's going for is getting booed but there's moments that supersede storyline and gimmicks.

The build-up had her put the champion and crowd-favorite, Riho, through a table in a sneak attack.

So audiences aren't pre-determined but they are kind of nudged to react a certain way depending on the characters motives and actions.

Last edited:

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah! Can't wait to see the feuds coming from Nyla as the boss of the division, Kris vs Nyla could be money.

I want this so badly. Now that the NC is pretty much done with and Kris is freed from that horrible angle, give her a legit shot at the title. She's fantastic in-ring and I bet her and Nyla could put on some barn-burners.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Her character is a heel aka the bad person. So what she's going for is getting booed but there's moments that supersede storyline and gimmicks.

The build-up had her put the champion and crowd-favorite, Riho, through a table in a sneak attack.

So audiences aren't pre-determined but they are kind of nudged to react a certain way depending on the characters motives and actions.

The audience can still appreciate a special moment like this.

That's awesome =D

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017

That's one of the cool things about AEW, the audience is willing to play their part and boo the heels when they want and need to be booed.
You can see it in Le Champion Chris Jericho among many others. How can you not love him for all the entertainment he provides? People are singing along to his theme song these days. But he can and will get booed at the snap of a finger with the cheapest insult if he wants to. Last night the loudest boos resulted from an insult towards a local burger chain and its customers. In WWE heel characters have a real hard time getting heat once they are over with the crowd. That's not a problem in AEW.

Ixzion

Nov 7, 2017
Well deserved after an awesome match. The best part about it was that no one needed to spotlight Nyla being trans on the show. She was just a big hoss who won the big one. Treated completely normally.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
As a person watching AEW, this was a surprise. I figured Britt Baker was next in line to hold the World Women's title with all the promo time she's been getting,

But flipping the coin, the former champion Riho was not ready. In the ring, she's above average, but outside of it, she's too much of a shrinking violet. Not a whole lot of character you can build in an American promotion when you're not even given the time for meaningful promos.

I will admit, at first I figure Nyla was too much of a liability in the ring. Sort of a Nia Jax equivalent where you don't know your own strength, and get talent seriously hurt. Even back in October where she nearly broke Nakazawa's neck after a screwy powerbomb, but she's gotten better, and AEW finally decided to present their monster heel as a monster heel. And as a result, she's earned her new title. And Riho and Nyla had the best match of the entire night as a result. Now move Hikaru Shida up the card, and watch her and Nyla destroy each other in the ring.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I'm so happy about this. I've been a Nyla fan ever since I saw her walk out in Killer Instinct gear at Fyter Fest. Awesome moment!

Oct 29, 2017
This is Nyla's and Riho's best match in AEW. Nyla is becoming the Aja Kong styled wrestler the industry needs. Overall AEW is really starting to look like WCW in a good way.

Dec 29, 2017
That match was amazing. Main event quality. Is Nyla's post match promo uploaded anywhere? I watched the show on TNT and it was in picture in picture commercial break. I LOL'd at the akward Tony Khan hug.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
That match was amazing. Main event quality. Is Nyla's post match promo uploaded anywhere? I watched the show on TNT and it was in picture in picture commercial break. I LOL'd at the akward Tony Khan hug.

Yeah, they uploaded it to their youtube channel. The backstage segment starts at ~4:00 mark

May 23, 2019
cyberspace
Congratulations to the Native Beast Nyla Rose.
Next challenger : Hikaru Shida (my favorite) vs the Native Beast Nyla Rose. Can't wait to see how the story evolves.

p.s Last night show was great we had tag team titles and women's title on the line, MJF vs Jungle boy was also great, I'm loving Dynamite.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
I legit had no fucking idea RE: Dustin.

What a good fucking dude. And he's absolutely from the generation I wouldn't expect that from.

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I legit had no fucking idea RE: Dustin.

What a good fucking dude. And he's absolutely from the generation I wouldn't expect that from.
I mean, this is the man who played Goldust. Mind you, Goldust has a long complicated and even problematic history, but if anyone from that generation would be open to trans identities, it would be Dustin.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, this is the man who played Goldust. Mind you, Goldust has a long complicated and even problematic history, but if anyone from that generation would be open to trans identities, it would be Dustin.

You and Chindogg are both right, but I think I've just been trained to constantly assume the worst.

So it really feels good when someone you wanted to be decent turns out to really be decent.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Man, that's awesome! I haven't followed AEW that closely, honestly had no idea she was trans. I want to see more though. I caught part of the last show, starting part of the way through the match with Jungle Boy. Really liked what I saw. WWE is just such a drag.