• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
The very little I've seen of Lucha Libre has been pretty patriotic.

One in a five Luchadors screams Viva Mexico at some point or makes a gesture to similar effect.*

On the other hand, my exposure to them has been in promotions taking place on foreign soil ( Lucha Underground and New Japan), so maybe that's the difference.

*- I actually fucking dig that, don't take me wrong.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
It's not an American show, it's a worldwide show. It's bizarre to have any nation's anthem play, unless it's part of someone's gimmick.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the US maybe. Most countries don't do it so yeah, foreigners are gonna find it weird 🤷‍♀️ It's really not hard to understand.
As others mentioned at the time, other wrestling events don't do it either generally.
They do it at the start of the event off camera, which is why WM does America the Beautiful (as to not double up.)

It's an American event. It's a custom here. Deal with it.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Definitely worth the $50 I paid to watch it on BR live. The stream was very stable, and assuming that it remains their US PPV streaming service, I have no issue purchasing through BR Live in the future.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
They do it at the start of the event off camera, which is why WM does America the Beautiful (as to not double up.)

It's an American event. It's a custom here. Deal with it.
I'm going to keep complaining about your country's jingoistic customs, deal with it.

Was happy to see so many high on MJF after last night.

Feels like a lot of indie fans are "eh" on him but I think he's great.
I was not feeling his whole schtick in his BTE appearances but he was so much fun in the ring itself.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017

Better angle here on that interview

with Moxleys debut match confirmed for Fyter Fest, is that going to be another big AEW PPV? I hope so
No, Fyter Fest is the event they're doing at the CEO Fighting game tournament next month. Kinda insane if Moxley's first match is there given it's not that big an event lol

I don't know if they've said how people can watch it yet, I assume given it's CEO it would just be streamed though.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
And yeah, I got to agree with the general complaints about the battle royale structure.

They need to drop the suites, the rumble standard of "everybody gets their own entrance" is just so much better/exciting. Especially when you're actually seeing these guys for the first time.

spindashing

Oct 25, 2017
Queens, New York
I like the idea of The Judas Effect but it didn't look all too impressive. They sold it as a devastating move though, which I liked.

I guess I just prefer spinning back fists more than rolling elbows.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea of The Judas Effect but it didn't look all too impressive. They sold it as a devastating move though, which I liked.

I guess I just prefer spinning back fists more than rolling elbows.
Every pre-match complaint that it looked like a setup move and not a finisher was justified unfortunately.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If thats true, thats waaaaaaaay over what I would expect for their first show at and at 50 bucks.

That would be a home run. One thing they would have a hard time repeating frequently at that price point though.
Usually increase price does not play a negative factor in wrestling PPV's. WWF increasing their PPV price after "in your house" turned their business around.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Every pre-match complaint that it looked like a setup move and not a finisher was justified unfortunately.

If he used the judas effect to drop them and then the lionsault as the pin and it was all a "bit" instead of one move finisher. Then I'd be much more into it. Think Goldberg spear then jackhammer.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I should have been concerned about Jericho when he mentioned on his podcast that he was gassed during a recent Fozzy performance. Was he not training at all since January?

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TNA's highest PPV buy was Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe in 2006 at 55,000 Buys. Usually their shows did 20-40,000 with Lockdown consistently performing the best despite Bound For Glory being their "wrestlemania" (as they call it).

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
If he used the judas effect to drop them and then the lionsault as the pin and it was all a "bit" instead of one move finisher. Then I'd be much more into it. Think Goldberg spear then jackhammer.
Yep.

Wrestlers are huge marks for UFC/MMA but they gotta remember those strikes don't translate well in wrestling matches.

Judas effect would still be dopey looking and lack oomph but as a setup to the liontamer or lionsault, it would be fine.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not really overly jizzing myself like most people are but it was definitely a great show. Pretty much reminded me of a TakeOver event where the crowd is hot for pretty much everything and a lot of over the top move sets with countless of false finishes.

It definitely proved itself as a nice alternative to WWE. But damn those PPV prices are too high. $20 would be the sweet spot for me.

So do we do have details on WWE contracts? I'm curious to see who has potential to jumping ship. Now i'm sad Bryan signed a multi year deal even though WWE is more safer for him.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not really overly jizzing myself like most people are but it was definitely a great show. Pretty much reminded me of a TakeOver event where the crowd is hot for pretty much everything and a lot of over the top move sets with countless of false finishes.

It definitely proved itself as a nice alternative to WWE. But damn those PPV prices are too high. $20 would be the sweet spot for me.

So do we do have details on WWE contracts? I'm curious to see who has potential to jumping ship. Now i'm sad Bryan signed a multi year deal even though WWE is more safer for him.
Usos just reupped for about five years.

Sasha is stuck for atleast two or three more. That one hurts.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was actually thinking whenever the UK PPV is ill likely want to go and I don't have any buddies to go with so i wouldn't mind getting together with some Era dudes who fancy taking a 28 year old to his FIRST wrestling PPV?