• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Most people who don't like Mox right now probably don't like him because WWE had him being goofy, gave him a dumb moveset and he stopped caring.

Mox is a different animal from Ambrose. Watch his pre WWE stuff. Watch him in FCW before his call up.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Seems like All In did around 20k internet buys, but no word of tv ppv buys, based on what I can find online. I think overall that was a cheaper show to purchase though. I'm guessing this might do in the same range.
Only cheaper by $10. This time they had a lot more hype and promotion by ITV and TNT. I'll be shocked if it didn't sell at least 50k once actual numbers are in.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most people who don't like Mox right now probably don't like him because WWE had him being goofy, gave him a dumb moveset and he stopped caring.

Mox is a different animal from Ambrose. Watch his pre WWE stuff. Watch him in FCW before his call up.
Yep, Moxley is going to be amazing here. Can't wait to see him without the limited WWE moveset or garbage booking. He's an amazing promo too when he doesn't have to read a script written for a 5 year old
Only cheaper by $10. This time they had a lot more hype and promotion by ITV and TNT. I'll be shocked if it didn't sell at least 50k once actual numbers are in.

That would be awesome if they did 50k.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just got my WWE buddy to watch the event and he fucking loved it.

Smells like a revolution indeed

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
And yeah, I got to agree with the general complaints about the battle royale structure.

They need to drop the suites, the rumble standard of "everybody gets their own entrance" is just so much better/exciting. Especially when you're actually seeing these guys for the first time.

Maybe keep the suits, but have each group do their own entrance before going to the ring, that way it's still unique but you get the excitement of the entrances?

Cris Cyborg was in attendance apparently.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My only real criticism of the show is the Rumble was kind of a clusterfuck.

Spots overlapping one another.
Cameras constantly missed spots
The way wrestlers entered the match making no sense.

As far as matches to product and plan for a TV audience, a rumble has to be up there as one of the hardest to get right so doing it for match 1 sure was a choice.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yep, Moxley is going to be amazing here. Can't wait to see him without the limited WWE moveset or garbage booking. He's an amazing promo too when he doesn't have to read a script written for a 5 year old

That would be awesome if they did 50k.
That might even be low. IIRC All In was overpriced in europe compared to normal PPV's so a lot of people there probably chose to wait for NJPW world to upload it. DoN was normally priced and there was no alternative option to get it cheaper like waiting for NJPW to upload it after the show ended.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
My only real criticism of the show is the Rumble was kind of a clusterfuck.

Spots overlapping one another.
Cameras constantly missed spots
The way wrestlers entered the match making no sense.

As far as matches to product and plan for a TV audience, a rumble has to be up there as one of the hardest to get right so doing it for match 1 sure was a choice.
It boggles my mind that they went for that over Sammy vs Kip.

The latter was so much more of a crowd pleaser.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I really like is all of AEW's announced events so far are on Saturdays.

Makes it Sunday morning here in the UK, so no having to book a Monday off work or avoid spoilers for a day.

Hopefully Saturday becomes their PPV day going forward.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
fHVs76D.gif

Did they do a crowd sweeping shot like this for the PPV?

We need a 2019 version of THE GIF

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Another cool part from last night, at the entrance to the MGM Grand Garden Arena right before you get to the concession stand, AEW had an LGBT support booth with counselors there.
People kind of shit on me after I said one of the reasons I'm so behind AEW is that they have want resembles a set of morals and are socially conscious when compared to WWE.

I stand by it. Wrestling is carney but don't fucking deny that this is amazing for the industry. WWE being the industry leader is harmful. AEW seems to be trying to reverse the damage they've done.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
People kind of shit on me after I said one of the reasons I'm so behind AEW is that they have want resembles a set of morals and are socially conscious when compared to WWE.

I stand by it. Wrestling is carney but don't fucking deny that this is amazing for the industry. WWE being the industry leader is harmful. AEW seems to be trying to reverse the damage they've done.

Yup

This is not that bullshit Be A Star or Susan Komen where it's obvious they don't actually care about it, they only care about the publicity, you can tell these things matter to them.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Is there somewhere offering the replay on demand? I'm looking at b/r live but it doesn't say I'll be able to watch it now after I pay

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
He said that the Google Trends showed abt. 200k searches for AEW / Double or Nothing, compared to 50k with All In.

I don't recall him talking exact numbers on today's WOR at all (though something may have slipped past me) but elsewhere he has estimated that All In did around 20k online and more on TV.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Excalibur really needs to dial it down, was he doing a Mauro Ranallo impression? dude was screaming every wrestling move like someone kicked him in the balls.
Excalibur's enthusiasm and knowledge of wrestling is what makes him so fantastic. If anything, I thought Excalibur sounded a bit nervous and reserved at first. He goes absolutely crazy when calling PWG matches, and it's because he genuinely loves wrestling. He's also frequently hilarious on commentary, and I hope Chuckie T joins him in the booth every once in a while because they're great together. I still can't believe they managed to get the Falcon Arrow bit out during the show. That's been a PWG in-joke for almost a decade now, lol.

In wrestling? I can't think of a single show that does it... Even WWE usually uses America The Beautiful.
Jericho mentioned on his podcast that Vince doesn't like the national anthem: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...nce-mcmahon-dropped-wrestlemania-term-638910/ "Vince does not like the American national anthem. He feels that 'America The Beautiful' is the epitome of American songs. That's why for every WrestleMania, it's 'America The Beautiful'."

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
He said that the Google Trends showed abt. 200k searches for AEW / Double or Nothing, compared to 50k with All In.

I don't recall him talking exact numbers on today's WOR at all (though something may have slipped past me) but elsewhere he has estimated that All In did around 20k online and more on TV.

If you extrapolate those numbers, Double or Nothing is near 100K buys.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
So just paid 20 cdn to watch talk is jericho live and he refused to show up cuz the fans didnt thank him last night, now matt striker is talking to a jericho cardboard cutout

Edit: so it turns out jericho was injured or something from the match and he couldnt physically be there

Fuck i want my damn money back!

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just watched it. The Dusty and Cody match is the only thing that stood out to me. Jericho looks out of shape and his finisher was crap. I had to go back and watch it again because I missed it the first time.

Moxley will be fun but they are going to need more.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You know, I never expected a Cody match to be better than an Omega one. Cody vs Dustin was great because it was booked taking into account the strengths and limitations of both. Omega vs Jericho suffered because Jericho can not go at the level that Omega can. It was worst than Omega vs Jericho 1 and Naito vs Jericho 1 and 2. Jericho needs to be booked as a lucha brawler, not as the guy that can go and hang with AEW wrestlers at their prime.

It seems Cody is understanding his limitations and is booking all his matches around that, making them an spectacle. Jericho matches need to be like that, heck, Moxley matches are probably going to need to be like that because he was never remembered at the indies for his wrestling skill, but by his promo and bumps he took.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
For whatever it's worth, Cody's post-show press conference is trending #1 on YouTube (in the U.S.?):

Jeez, now I sound like the WWE when they're shilling social media numbers :x