• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For whatever it's worth, Cody's post-show press conference is trending #1 on YouTube (in the U.S.?):

Jeez, now I sound like the WWE when they're shilling social media numbers :x

Shit, over an NBA recap too

And look at that thumbnail, it looks like a boxer after a fight, a legitimate looking persona right there

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
So are Fyter Fest and Fight for the Fallen full on PPV's or are they smaller in scale somehow? I hadn't heard anything of them before last night and there was no buzz of them selling out in record time again on the wrestling news I consume (which has been mainly WWE so far, but I think they'd cover them, too).

Sillution

Oct 25, 2017
So are Fyter Fest and Fight for the Fallen full on PPV's or are they smaller in scale somehow? I hadn't heard anything of them before last night and there was no buzz of them selling out in record time again on the wrestling news I consume (which has been mainly WWE so far, but I think they'd cover them, too).

Well as far as fyterfest goes, it was more of a small scale let's have fun at a fighting game tournament kind of thing but now, who knows. Ambrose debuts match will be here so thet must have something up their sleeve.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Based on last year and the ideas behind them, I'd guess Fyter Fest will be a Twitch thing and Fight for the Fallen will have a cost for charity somewhere, but if they're on B/R and traditional PPV, no idea if the companies will eat their costs too a little.

All Out will be $50 for sure.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah smaller shows. Fyter Fest has only had pre-sale so far. Fyter Fest still had like 1000 seats left in a 5000 seat theater or something a few weeks ago (it's Jacksonville in the summer so great). Won't be suprised if their sales do better now after DoN was so good.

Fyter Fest is being promoted as a crossover with a fighting game convention. If you saw CEO x NJPW last year it basically that with AEW instead.

Fight for the Fallen is the charity show where they're giving some of the proceeds to some charity for victims of gun violence.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Hadn't shared any thoughts while I was watching this because I was genuinely entertained and thrilled throughout to switch out. This was everything I wanted, expected (through a limited lense admittedly in terms of roster exposure prior to this) and more. Hats off to the men and women of AEW. Consistently good to superb matches and I've rarely - if ever - felt as moved by a wrestling match than I was with the finale to Cody v Dustin. God damn.

Then Jon Moxley came at the very end. Bravo.

Genuinely excited for what AEW is bringing beyond this.

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So just paid 20 cdn to watch talk is jericho live and he refused to show up cuz the fans didnt thank him last night, now matt striker is talking to a jericho cardboard cutout

Edit: so it turns out jericho was injured or something from the match and he couldnt physically be there

Fuck i want my damn money back!
I had to threaten with a charge back to get my money back. They initially told me to contact Chris Jericho on social media...

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Just watched it. The Dusty and Cody match is the only thing that stood out to me. Jericho looks out of shape and his finisher was crap. I had to go back and watch it again because I missed it the first time.

Moxley will be fun but they are going to need more.

I remember getting stick in the New Japan threads more then once when calling out Jericho for his lack of effort to get in shape. He needs to hire a very good nutritionist to get himself at fighting weight.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Listening to Bryan & Meltzer. Holy shit, Aja Kong shot on the timekeeper who fucked up and rang the bell during the match, that's terrifying lmao

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
D7hfTy0WkAETdAZ.jpg:large

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, seems like this was a really big show considering an interview is trending from it and AOC actually saw a snippet of it.

I unfortunately had to sleep so I only saw the preshow. Suffice to say that was the weakest part of the card?

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit son

renee taking independent BOOKINGS

bah gawd the baron corbin romance angle kicks off tomorrow night guaranteed
"hey baby, I'll make you feel the wrath of my ways, I'll make you reel, I'll be your end of days"
tumblr_ovv630sBcM1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

Then Corbin has to quickly rush off for his mid show promo, then prepare for his main event match, and then his dark match
Dude's gonna be the hardest worker in the 'E

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
So does any of this happen if Cody got to drop the Stardust gimmick and got to wrestle Dustin at WrestleMania?

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Lol damn it. What is this, Reddit?

Valentus Explain yourself!

I take it from here, but looks like it's not a reliable source then?

According to Dave Meltzer speaking this morning on Wrestling Observer Radio, it absolutely could. Tentative numbers at present suggest Double or Nothing pulled over 200,000 buys - more than most WWE shows outside the Big Four, and four times as many as the take up for last September's All In.

But again, if they cant get buy numbers too soon, then might be BS. I really hope not.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just happy to see Mil Meurtes' henchmen still getting work now that Lucha Underground is out of business.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Jungle Boy flinching in the corner during each of Orange Cassidy's strikes is really underappreciated: