• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

strikeselect

Oct 27, 2017
WCW Nitro vibes, overall MUCH better episode than last week. Chris Jericho is playing his Hollywood Hogan role perfectly. Good shit!

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
overbooked clusterfucks don't have to be a bad thing. that was ending segment was incredible and set things up perfectly for next week. that was overall as perfect a show as you can get. they nailed it

pretty much everyone out there looks better now then they did two hours ago. and they have so many ppl still yet to debut

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Lol MJF recieving Cody's hug gladly, but when Matt goes to him to see if he's ok, MJF was like "get the fuck outta me!"

I love mjf

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I really like that dude's can lose in AEW without feeling like geek jobbers.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this ending was overbooked as fuck but...

...I love it??? Everyone was booked correctly for what their role was supposed to be in those last minutes. What a great show.

It seemed chaotic but when you think it through they set up Page vs Hagar, Young Bucks vs LAX, MJF or Dustin vs Sammy, Jericho vs Cody, Jericho vs Darby.

It all made sense!

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huge improvement as far as pacing goes this week. The arena going dark for Cody didn't make much sense, but otherwise awesome ending.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Vince is going to have to put NXT on Tuesdays at this rate. 2 great episodes, and the WCW vibes is making me feel like a kid again.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Darby and his skateboard are both dead next week.

He'll just upgrade it

D6RJjf2U8AAzB1O.jpg

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
That was two hours of absolute delight. And the time just flew right by.

Anyone in this thread that even feels the slightest compulsion to give the WWE money, attend one of their events, subscribe to their network or watch the next crappy cuckfest featuring "pinned Kofi in 7 seconds" part-time champion Brock on Friday night is doing themselves an absolute disservice.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
So, serious question: was that the best televised episode of a pro wrestling promotion all year? Because I think it might have been. They got so much accomplished, and the layers storytelling at the end were incredible.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
Guys

We get to watch more of this next week.

And the week after that...

AND THE WEEK AFTER THAT

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
This show is fucking great! Can't believe two hours just flew by.

I'm honestly really surprised at the MJF bit. Tons of credit to whoever decided not to turn him against Cody. This is way more interesting.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Ending with excitement and chaos that makes you want to see what happens next? A novel concept.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
It seemed chaotic but when you think it through they set up Page vs Hagar, Young Bucks vs LAX, MJF or Dustin vs Sammy, Jericho vs Cody, Jericho vs Darby.

It all made sense!

Pretty much. It opened more routes and storylines that will eventually lead to PPV matches. I thought it worked really well for it was worth. See WWE, this is how you end on a satisfying note and not that Hell in a Cell crap end.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I liked the show a lot last week, but this week blew it out of the water. And the card next week is already stacked. This is seriously such good shit.

WMBT27

Oct 25, 2017
If they keep this up, they will absolutely bring back fans who exited stage left over the last 15 years. I've already had non fans comment to me that they've seen clips on social media and that it "seems cool". My son doesn't watch wrestling at all (although he likes the games) and after watching part of All Out Darby was immediately his favorite. He asks me every time he knows I'm watching wrestling of any kind "how's that skateboard guy doing?"

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
So, serious question: was that the best televised episode of a pro wrestling promotion all year? Because I think it might have been. They got so much accomplished, and the layers storytelling at the end were incredible.

All year?
In many years imo

Can't wait to be there live for the tag finals in a few weeks

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully that baseball game didn't preempt this and stall the momentum, that was a banger of an episode.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
If they keep this up, they will absolutely bring back fans who exited stage left over the last 15 years. I've already had non fans comment to me that they've seen clips on social media and that it "seems cool". My son doesn't watch wrestling at all (although he likes the games) and after watching part of All Out Darby was immediately his favorite. He asks me every time he knows I'm watching wrestling of any kind "how's that skateboard guy doing?"
More important than bringing back lapsed fans, they'll make brand new fans of wrestling. People who were babies or not even born when Nitro vs RAW was a thing.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
The Darby spot at the end was wonderful

Seeing him get elevated on a weekly basis to a brand new audience is going to be a treat going forward

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That was 2 hours of pure joy. I was legit jumping it out of my seat for some spots. AEW! AEW! AEW!

Status
Not open for further replies.