• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm hoping for more post match stuff down the line. Love the stuff they've been doing. Maybe they will ramp up she make that stuff more accessible over time instead of it scattering to the wind on Twitter and YouTube

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I'm officially all in on AEW
bHHCoM3.gif

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I want to say again how much I love that, so far, there aren't any squashes. Everyone feels important - even in defeat. In WWE, the losers of matches often come across as being "done" or buried, or like complete fucking geeks.
This is one of the key things that AEW are getting right.

Take Kofi getting squashed in 7 seconds by Brock, when you pull shit like that, you're basically telling fans that all the time and energy they'd invested into Kofi was pointless, it shows a complete lack of respect for their fans. Pure disdain.

That was how the E lost me, years before Kofi mind you, everyone is presented as a joke or a geek as you put it so why would I care about them?

No-one comes across like that in AEW at all (so far) and not all my faves have won either, I hope this continues.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Also please give Darby some fucking pants. The daisy dukes look idiotic. lol

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Another thing I realized that I love about AEW is there are way fewer belts to contend for. AEW title, Women's title, tag team title. They keep it nice and neat without feeling like they need to add more belts to the mix. Now if they increase viewership and shows, then maybe I can see them introducing a mid-tier belt like the WWE's IC and US titles. But it makes the journey towards contending for those belts feel important and well deserved instead of playing hot potato with titles all the time.

OP
OP
Bronx-Man

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And then the following week, they do the same match, but bury the guy who just won.
This is a small thing but I still can't believe how a few years back Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins were booked for a regular singles match on PPV and the week before, Roman beat Seth clean on free tv...in a regular singles match.

That was the moment I first realized "Aw shit, they turned into WCW."

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Another thing I realized that I love about AEW is there are way fewer belts to contend for. AEW title, Women's title, tag team title. They keep it nice and neat without feeling like they need to add more belts to the mix. Now if they increase viewership and shows, then maybe I can see them introducing a mid-tier belt like the WWE's IC and US titles. But it makes the journey towards contending for those belts feel important and well deserved instead of playing hot potato with titles all the time.

No TV titles. I'm hoping for more tournaments for contender spots and other smaller achievements.

Cody teased a TV belt about a month ago but also said they don't have plans to introduce one for now.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
That would mess up his whole extremely athletic move set lol
No it wouldn't. Give him some jeggings (or whatever they're called) that look exactly like jeans, but are stretchy and light. Or just use regular wrestling tights. Anything but the daisy dukes. lol

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
RE: Kenny being a shadow of his former self in NJPW.

I get it, he was having better matches in NJPW but 1. AEW doesn't have the same guys at the same level right now and 2. The NJPW style and schedule will break your body down.

I'm 32 years old and I don't wake up in the morning feeling completely refreshed anymore, I just feel less tired than I did before I went to bed. Imagine how Kenny feels with an easier schedule.

While I'm sure he'll miss facing Okada every now and again, Kenny is almost certainly loving that his matches don't have to go as hard or as fast or as long as his matches would have to should he have stayed in NJPW.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Get Hangman some pants too while you're at it. At least get those tights thigh length.

I can't shake the "that nightmare that you showed up to school in your underwear" feel whenever I see him

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Get Hangman some pants too while you're at it. At least get those tights thigh length.

I can't shake the "that nightmare that you showed up to school in your underwear" feel whenever I see him
Yeah the cowboy boots and undies look is a bit...odd. He would also look a lot cooler in a pair of jeans.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not trying to shame Jericho for having a 48 year old dad bod, but I kind of wish he would start wearing something like a sleeveless shirt.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Another excellent show! Opening match and Jericho's promo were PURE GOLD!

5 matches, and a brawl, seems like a good formula. :D

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How long does it take for tnt to put up a full episode on their site? Couldn't catch it live

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

Yeah the cowboy boots and undies look is a bit...odd. He would also look a lot cooler in a pair of jeans.
Lol yup. I think Page is the only one who really needs to change his look a bit.

Oct 27, 2017
Page needs a complete gimmick rework IMO. He's the cowboy dude that does hoss type lariats but also does standing shooting star presses and flies off the top rope. None of it really jives with me. Like is he a brute or a high flyer? He kind of looks like neither to me. His gear makes him look like a Stone Col kinda character but he doesn't really play the badass role very well.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Page needs a complete gimmick rework IMO. He's the cowboy dude that does hoss type lariats but also does standing shooting star presses and flies off the top rope. None of it really jives with me. Like is he a brute or a high flyer? He kind of looks like neither to me. His gear makes him look like a Stone Col kinda character but he doesn't really play the badass role very well.

Interesting take. I wonder how he'd come across if he stopped doing the aerial stuff minus the flip over the rope lariat, which looks great.

OP
OP
Bronx-Man

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone that didn't like Page at all in New Japan, I think he's improved leaps and bounds in AEW. I totally get why the Elite's high on him: if this were 1986, he'd be NWA champion + top babyface in no time at all.

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
Sidenote....the people who say "the Elite will put themselves over" can STFU now, Bucks are 0-3 in their last 3 matches.
I think this is irrelevant, in general. Either it's good TV and storylines and matches, or it's not.

I'm not really calling you out or anything. I'm just saying, don't let nerdz get under your skin about foolishness.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019

I partially agree. I think it can work in the mold of, he's a really good athlete who can do both power moves and flippy stuff kind of thing. But he should definitely lean more towards the power type stuff. He leans too much on getting all his spots in. Like, it's impressive that he can do it, but every match does not need a moonsault off the top rope and multiple shooting star presses. I think he has every physical tool you want, but his ring psychology is still really lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.