• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
It didn't.

1.4 million to 1.14 was the big drop, to be expected for the episode after the premiere. This week was 120k. Viewership on TNT was essentially flat between last week and this week, so it seems TruTV viewing figures from last week account for most of the loss this week.

Most of those criticisms are absolutely bizarre. I wouldn't have thought someone who covers the business for a living would have those views.
Fair enough. You're right, I was a bit off on my week 2 ratings. My bad.

Last edited:

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Very true! But maybe Khan will put some money into it? At least, based on the hints they've been dropping, that we're getting something.

And I trust that Kenny/Cody would ensure it'd be an actual decent game.
I will just be happy with a good wrestling engine and a good CAW and the full roster to start with.

I imagine the old aki engine needs to be built from the ground up again with modern technology in mind. That's what they did for Fire Pro and it's a better option than the patch work job that has been the Yukes engine.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Maybe Kenny gets Capcom to publish.

I doubt it but he's got a good relationship with them.

I do hope we get a tease at the Game Awards.
On some level, I think that any one of the first parties would make a more likely candidate for funding a game like this, simply because "an exclusive wrestling game that is good" could be a good thing to diversify your exclusive lineup.

For Sony and Microsoft, it could be a decent get for their next-gen consoles early lineups. For Nintendo, it would be a game that fits right in with their platforms local multi focus and is reminiscent of N64's legacy.

Although ideally, a release on every system would be the best. Especially in the long term.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
You know what's really nice to see...how healthy this thread has been since Dynamite came on air.

You may just be names with flat avatars on one side and a bunch of text on the other, but I like you guys and gals, damn it.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
You know what's really nice to see...how healthy this thread has been since Dynamite came on air.

You may just be names with flat avatars on one side and a bunch of text on the other, but I like you guys and gals, damn it.
stop watching NWA, geek

I tease. It's nice to see the thread be level headed and kind to each other.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

To be fair, I think our wrestling community has always been pretty good. Most of the squabbling and shit talking that happens in the OT is kayfabe. Obviously I get that that isn't for everyone.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I'm here now because several Wrassle-ERA members kept pushing me to watch New Japan after I came in to ask something about Lucha Underground one day.

22332.jpg

Welcome.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, I think our wrestling community has always been pretty good. Most of the squabbling and shit talking that happens in the OT is kayfabe. Obviously I get that that isn't for everyone.
It also helps that a lot of the problematic posters didn't come over from the old place or got banned shortly after the jump

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
Wrasslin OT is a Joshi cult pretending to be a wrestling OT to convert more people to the cult of Joshi.
You can't fool me.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
i like the jungle jack nickname

I take way more issue with JRs general lack of energy/just straight up appearing lost at times, but i don't blame the dude. he's been through some shit and he's up there in age.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
i like the jungle jack nickname

I take way more issue with JRs general lack of energy/just straight up appearing lost at times, but i don't blame the dude. he's been through some shit and he's up there in age.

I've found him really good the last two weeks. He has his old timey views and questionable comments moments, especially during some women's matches, but overall, I think he's sounded much more invested lately.

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think there has been more good than bad with JR so far. I think he needs to get over caring what people say about him on the internet though. If he doesn't it is going to drive him to quit.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Would it be to unreasonable to expect an announcement at The Game Awards?

I mean, probably.

Syn Sophia and the famed T-shirt company AEW announce Style Savvy: All Elite.

Design the most stylish wrestling gear and T-shirts, as well as scarfs, ties and other items of clothing. Make Matt Jackson wear your clothing reluctantly!

It's possible, Kenny has done work with Geoff in the past and was a guest on YouTube@E3.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
It's only when it's just Jungle Jack that's the problem but he's getting better at using JBJP instead.
Jungle Jack Perry should be his name when he matures.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
I've found him really good the last two weeks. He has his old timey views and questionable comments moments, especially during some women's matches, but overall, I think he's sounded much more invested lately.
There was a bit last week where Excalibur called Emi Sakura a legend and JR snapped back real quick with a "what makes her a legend?" that felt really harsh at first but I'm pretty sure in retrospect he was just trying to coach Excalibur into listing her bona-fides instead of just saying it. JR definitely lacks some of the smoothness that he had in the past but I think he's there for the better.

When will the Young Bucks just be The Bucks?
Are we going by hairline?

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know Dynamite helped kill LU more or see, but I'd love them to play buddy-buddy and have a full out LU war on AEW storyline

with magic Aztec gold

that Jericho hordes

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
There was a bit last week where Excalibur called Emi Sakura a legend and JR snapped back real quick with a "what makes her a legend?" that felt really harsh at first but I'm pretty sure in retrospect he was just trying to coach Excalibur into listing her bona-fides instead of just saying it. JR definitely lacks some of the smoothness that he had in the past but I think he's there for the better.

I was fine with the Emi exchange because I think it's exactly as you said: he wanted Excalibur to explain why she's a big deal to those who have never seen her before.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Chorus Christi for a new AEW show.

WHY???

Some of the worst crowds ever.

Yeah, that was the location that I always dreaded watching on TV when I followed Impact semi-regularly. There were one or two times when they were hot, though. I'd like to think they'll be rocking for a first-time promotion in their area.

Also, not sure if true or kayfabe, but hope Daniels recovers well:

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that was the location that I always dreaded watching on TV when I followed Impact semi-regularly. There were one or two times when they were hot, though. I'd like to think they'll be rocking for a first-time promotion in their area.

Also, not sure if true or kayfabe, but hope Daniels recovers well:

Kayfabe. He came down on his skull. A nerve wouldn't be the only thing damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.