• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Dark Order and Jimmy could be good but I think Dark Order would have to ditch the minions and maybe even that tag team name.

PAC would be a great fit and give the stable some real legitimacy and make them threatening but I think he's too over on his own right now. It would take away from that and I think he might overshadow the rest of the group.

I kind of like the idea of Janela, Jimmy and someone else. I like both of them but I can't see AEW doing a whole lot with either of those two anytime soon. Would Kip Sabian fit there too? I know very little about him.

If Spears can't get over at all for some reason and they don't push him, I think he would make an interesting addition. That group lacks a physically imposing type and he kind of fits the bill. I definitely prefer Spears to do his own thing though. Also, if they do the whole Marty is pissed at the elite and is getting revenge angle, that would make Spears fit even more after his run in with Cody.

If Dark Order don't get over in their current form, it could be an opportunity to repackage them and boost them up by affiliation, for sure.

I agree Pac's inclusion could cause some issues as he certainly has potential to overshadow Scurll. I think that could be useful in eventually playing up tensions between the two of them, though. Early on, I think it would make sense from Pac's perspective as his character has had a chip on his shoulder and feels he's being overlooked, so I could buy him partnering up with another prominent guy who feels he's been overlooked.

Sabian is definitely the type of guy I'm thinking about. He seems to have a lot of potential but is currently lacking direction and is pretty bland.

Spears makes sense as well, though he'd have to ditch Tully probably which I'm not sure is for the best. For that matter, Tully bringing another guy and/or girl under his wing wouldn't be a bad thing either. I think overall, they're doing a good job of putting the spot light on a lot of different people, but there's still a good chunk of the roster that could use a better direction, whether that's some sort of character, or angle, or faction that can boost them up.

EDIT: Wardlow is another guy that popped into my head. Putting him with a Villain group, or putting him with Blanchard, seems like it might be a good way for him to start. If they introduce him solo I can see him having some trouble getting over on his own.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Rewatching Dynamite and kind of getting rubbed the wrong way by a couple of things Jericho says when he talks about Santana and Ortiz.

Street thugs (Hmm...this is...kind of okay given how they present themselves)
Pit bulls (this is fine)
"They'll pick your pocket and kick your ass." (Uhhh...)

And last week saying they were "dirtier than ever" also rubbed me the wrong way a bit. Too Trumpian for my tastes in 2019.

Am I reading too much into this stuff? Are we letting it slide because we want the show to succeed and Jericho is awesome outside of this stuff? I need Sweeney Swift and SpaceSong to give me their takes.

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching Dynamite and kind of getting rubbed the wrong way by a couple of things Jericho says when he talks about Santana and Ortiz.

Street thugs (Hmm...this is...kind of okay)
Pit bulls (this is fine)

And last week saying they were "dirtier than ever" also rubbed me the wrong way a bit. Too Trumpian for my tastes in 2019.

Am I reading too much into this stuff? Are we letting it slide because we want the show to succeed and Jericho is awesome outside of this stuff? I need Sweeney Swift and SpaceSong to give me their takes.

Honestly I was thinking the same thing, but then I was like that might really be the characters they are trying to portray here as heels? Idk, it still comes off as wrong to me, especially with their Proud and Powerful theme.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
If Dark Order don't get over in their current form, it could be an opportunity to repackage them and boost them up by affiliation, for sure.

I agree Pac's inclusion could cause some issues as he certainly has potential to overshadow Scurll. I think that could be useful in eventually playing up tensions between the two of them, though. Early on, I think it would make sense from Pac's perspective as his character has had a chip on his shoulder and feels he's being overlooked, so I could buy him partnering up with another prominent guy who feels he's been overlooked.

Sabian is definitely the type of guy I'm thinking about. He seems to have a lot of potential but is currently lacking direction and is pretty bland.

Spears makes sense as well, though he'd have to ditch Tully probably which I'm not sure is for the best. For that matter, Tully bringing another guy and/or girl under his wing wouldn't be a bad thing either. I think overall, they're doing a good job of putting the spot light on a lot of different people, but there's still a good chunk of the roster that could use a better direction, whether that's some sort of character, or angle, or faction that can boost them up.

EDIT: Wardlow is another guy that popped into my head. Putting him with a Villain group, or putting him with Blanchard, seems like it might be a good way for him to start. If they introduce him solo I can see him having some trouble getting over on his own.

Wardlow would definitely benefit from a stable. Holy shit...TULLY being the leader of a modern horsemen stable would be awesome. Could AEW use the four horsemen name?

Spears, Wardlow, Page (surprise heel turn), and ... who?

Nightside

Oct 28, 2017

Street thugs (Hmm...this is...kind of okay given how they present themselves)
Pit bulls (this is fine)

The "dirtier than ever" didn't bother me at all. I interpreted as "they'd do ANYTHING to win". The "pick your pocket" line was
dz4UEn.gif

Wardlow would definitely benefit from a stable. Holy shit...TULLY being the leader of a modern horsemen stable would be awesome. Could AEW use the four horsemen name?

Spears, Wardlow, Page (surprise heel turn), and ... who?

Marko Stunt.
MJF?

Last edited:

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
The "dirtier than ever" didn't bother me at all. I interpreted as "they'd do ANYTHING to win". The "pick your pocket" line was
dz4UEn.gif

Marko Stunt.
MJF?

MJF would make some sense if they ever wanted to go back to Cody vs. Spears, but Tony Kahn has said that feud is over and done with. They could also introduce Wardlow as a surprise attacker for Cody to get him over right away. We'll see.

Nightside

Oct 28, 2017
MJF would make some sense if they ever wanted to go back to Cody vs. Spears, but Tony Kahn has said that feud is over and done with. They could also introduce Wardlow as a surprise attacker for Cody to get him over right away. We'll see.

Well, once MJF turns on Cody, would makes sense if he enters in a stable made of people who hate or can't stand Cody. The Spears/Cody feud might be over, but from a continuity standpoint Spears should still be pissed with Cody.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
She's only applied it twice, but Britt Baker's lockjaw finisher is OVER. The crowd did a collective "OOOHHH" the second she started putting it on Riho. And they went nuts for Riho's reversal. Will gif it later. The second half of the match was really good.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Marko Stunt going 50/50 with Lucha Bros. welcome to AEW....

This def feels like a super hardcore wrestling fan thing.

The crew I've been watching AEW with (lapsed WWE fans and people who've never really watched wrestling before) loved the match and having an underdog to root for even though we all knew they were gonna get eaten alive by the end. Lots of cheers and reacting at the TV, which was fun.

Lucha Bros got sold as evil assholes for going overboard on the small guy, small guy got over by fighting to his very last breath even if he never stood a chance.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
This def feels like a super hardcore wrestling fan thing.

The crew I've been watching AEW with (lapsed WWE fans and people who've never really watched wrestling before) loved the match and having an underdog to root for even though we all knew they were gonna get eaten alive by the end. Lots of cheers and reacting at the TV, which was fun.

Lucha Bros got sold as evil assholes for going overboard on the small guy, small guy got over by fighting to his very last breath even if he never stood a chance.

To be fair, it wasn't 50/50 in any capacity, put every single wrestler over, and the crowd completely bought in and had a great time.

Exactly how wrestling should be and what's been missing: fun.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, it wasn't 50/50 in any capacity, put every single wrestler over, and the crowd completely bought in and had a great time.

Exactly how wrestling should be and what's been missing: fun.

Oh, I absolutely agree. I was just describing what I saw from people who keep up with wrestling even less than I do.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I just thought of something a little sad.

This may not go for the rest of the world but in the UK there are gonna be people watching AEW for the first time via Dynamite and not only will they be unaware that the incredible Cody vs Dustin match happened earlier this year but even if they were made aware by the guys or the announcers on Dynamite, there's no official way to watch Double or Nothing.

It's not on FITE or ITV Box Office anymore. No DVD. Can't stream it anywhere. I bet not even dodgy websites are hosting it anymore

Something really should be done about this.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Chris Jericho sticking up for Marko Stunt:

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I love what an ambassador Chris Jericho is for AEW. Like, I read that and it doesn't even phase me that it goes against his heel character. He's a living legend.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I know we might frown upon posting our own Twitter stuff here, but I just re-watched the Britt Baker/Riho match and it was really friggin' good. I JUST realized that Riho ends up taking forearms and kicks to the face and jaw for almost the entire match, which leads to the finish.

Why I'm posting though is to put over Riho's selling. She crumples like a bag of shit after taking a hard shot. This is my champion.

And then you've got that amazing finish. Riho is OVER. Look at the crowd!

The beginning had that one sloppy rolling around the mat moment, but almost everything else was really good. The second half after Britt's swinging neck breaker was a 4-star affair for me. That finish was perfect.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Kazuchika Okada told Weekly Pro Wrestling Magazine that he would be open to joining the AEW roster if NJPW and AEW could work out a deal, similar to the deal they currently have with ROH.

He went on to say right now nothing is planned, but he hopes he can help extend the hand and work out something where talent from both sides could work for both companies in the near future.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I think Riho's winning over more of the crowd every week, like the people that are going to Dynamites now are watching the show on TV and getting into her that way whereas when they started with all the PPV events the crowds had no idea who she was and she won over parts of them during the match, now when she comes out most people are already cheering.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
If anything in AEW would make me jump out of my seat, it's Omega finally winning the title from Jericho at the end of his redemption arc and then suddenly the Rainmaker's music hits

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Suspension of disbelief, look it up
Willingness to believe something surreal.

Like Marko having a few decent offense moments against the Lucha Bros when they no sold him almost there entire rest of the match. But I guess the no selling doesn't matter because Marko is small and not big, strong and handsome like the big boys you and others with this criticism prefer!

Maybe you should be the one looking to what words mean.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
If SCU are chosen as the first tag champs over Lucha Bros, something has gone horribly wrong.

Don't care how good buddies SCU are, Lucha Bros have been killing themselves for this. If not The Bucks or Best Friends, it needs to be them.

Status
Not open for further replies.