• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
If SCU are chosen as the first tag champs over Lucha Bros, something has gone horribly wrong.

Don't care how good buddies SCU are, Lucha Bros have been killing themselves for this. If not The Bucks or Best Friends, it needs to be them.

I could see PP with the upset. Them going through Young Bucks and Lucha Bros to get there would be something

Narag

Oct 25, 2017

I've wondered if some of the pushback for that match might have been assuaged if TNT viewers got to see the irritation on behalf of the Lucha Bros that culminated with them leaving the ring and getting halfway to the back before turning around to do that. Felt like some hubris when they went back in to smack their opponents around and the smaller Jurassic Express guys put up a reasonable fight.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Street fight isn't falls count anywhere. You don't see submissions or pins counted outside here; if they do it's a valid complaint. Hasn't happened in AEW

I understand that but in a normal match if a wrestler doesn't break a hold when their opponent is in the ropes they risk getting disqualified. That's not the case here though both the ref and Jericho treated it like it was. Jericho would not have been able to win the match with Darby in the ropes but he also didn't have to break the hold. Again, this isn't an AEW specific issue as WWE does this all the time but it's something that bothers me in wrestling.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I understand that but in a normal match if a wrestler doesn't break a hold when their opponent is in the ropes they risk getting disqualified. That's not the case here though both the ref and Jericho treated it like it was. Jericho would not have been able to win the match with Darby in the ropes but he also didn't have to break the hold. Again, this isn't an AEW specific issue as WWE does this all the time but it's something that bothers me in wrestling.
Yeah I mentioned this when it happened too. It's kind of bad psychology when you think about it. But I know a lot of people just brush it off.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
MJF would make some sense if they ever wanted to go back to Cody vs. Spears, but Tony Kahn has said that feud is over and done with. They could also introduce Wardlow as a surprise attacker for Cody to get him over right away. We'll see.

Spears vs Cody is officially over?

So a literal blood feud ends with an underwhelming match where the face wins clean, after calling the heel a good hand at best, and then the heel is kicked down to the mid card? 00s HHH would be proud of Cody.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

So a literal blood feud ends with an underwhelming match where the face wins clean, after calling the heel a good hand at best, and then the heel is kicked down to the mid card? 00s HHH would be proud of Cody.

I see so much of 00s HHH in Cody and tbh I love it

Spears vs MJF is a fued I want.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
AAA is on Twitch tonight with their yearly Heroes Inmortales show, featuring Kenny Omega vs. Fenix for the AAA world heavyweight title.

The show starts at 9 pm Eastern Time and will air on Spanish and English on Twitch, as usual. It is free for live viewing and part of the $5/month subscription for VOD. Matches from the show will air on TV and should end up on AAA's YouTube channel before the end of the year.

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

EHGWLw7VAAIqwZz.jpg:large

Last edited:

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

yeah, Cody had no reason to win that match, beats him, spears becomes irrelevant midcarder and Cody goes for a title shot, it's the Triple H era and Brandy actually is worse than Stephanie

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Brandi worse than Steph? LOL. Come on, man.

So, Moxley and PAC next week. Do we see our first double countout? How would you guys book it?

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Brandi's barely even been on TV. That's another one of those things where people are projecting their fears moreso than what is actually happening.

I like how when they signed Spears, the popular opinion was that he had absolutely nothing to offer and was only hired because he's Cody's friend. Now there's so many people wringing their hands that he's just a mid-carder. IMO, he's exactly in the role that he should be.

If Moxley/Pac has a clear winner, it should be Moxley. It may be better to save Pac's first singles loss for a bigger moment, though. I could see them doing a time limit draw to lay the seeds for a bigger scale rematch down the line.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Probably Omega will appear in that match to give more fuckery. I would love if the Omega/Mox match at full gear becomes a triple thread and you extend the Mox/Omega singles feud.

Those 3 could deliver an insane triple thread.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brandi worse than Steph? LOL. Come on, man.

So, Moxley and PAC next week. Do we see our first double countout? How would you guys book it?

PAC and Moxley beat the living shit out of each other then PAC gets the win because he is distracted by Mox.

That said man Moxley and Pac was the tag team I never knew I needed tbh. The double suplex and the brief glimpses of working together was excellent and I would have loved those to have a Tag run at some point.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Alvarez had a good point about AEW. Some of the wrestlers are green and the only way to get better is to have more matches. So that means AEW needs house shows or talent needs to book Indy dates. It's hard to say what the perfect solution is.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know it's super early, but I do hope we get more diversity on the roster, especially at the top of the card. Not sure who they could groom outside of Scorpio Sky right now. Maybe Pentagon. Really, I'd like to see some new POC faces down the line. More joshi will help in the women's division at least.

Bandido would be perfect. He better not re-sign with RoH. The only issue I could see is he wanting to do more NJPW and thus staying with RoH. Then, you have Rampage Brown. He fits what AEW needs so much. Just one PoC rampaging over AEW. I would be really happy with both getting a chance.

Aren't the Lucha Bros booked already somewhere on the day of the finals or something though.

LB double (or even triple) book themselves quite often. So this could be a play to try to make the finals unpredictable.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Alvarez had a good point about AEW. Some of the wrestlers are green and the only way to get better is to have more matches. So that means AEW needs house shows or talent needs to book Indy dates. It's hard to say what the perfect solution is.

They have some working relations with some indies. They need to use them to give them more experience, same with their relation with AAA. Is the perfect way to have them grown in different styles, just not the house one.

Edit: even push for that DDT relation (and maybe Stardom?) to send some talent there.

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: even push for that DDT relation (and maybe Stardom?) to send some talent there.
Does NJPW's parent company owning Stardom now fuck up AEW's chance to work with Stardom in the near future? I don't know how wrestling politics work so I have no idea if that's what's going to happen or not.

Also I hope AEW and NWA form some kind of partnership. I'd love for them to cross promote each other's shows. Imagine them plugging Powerrr during AEW Dark or something. Hell if the NWA champion walked out on Dynamite to cut a promo talking about how he's the REAL world's champion as a cool way to announce that partnership I'd lose my shit and you just know Jim Ross and Tony Schiavonne would be selling the fuck out of that on commentary.

I'm not saying have them dominate each other's shows just a quick little plug on either show and uhh have some of the more green AEW wrestlers work on an underneath match in Powerrr to get more experience working with different wrestlers in a different style once in a while.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
They have some working relations with some indies. They need to use them to give them more experience, same with their relation with AAA. Is the perfect way to have them grown in different styles, just not the house one.

Stardom is now owned by NJPW, and we know what New Japan thinks about AEW.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
Brandi's barely even been on TV. That's another one of those things where people are projecting their fears moreso than what is actually happening.

I like how when they signed Spears, the popular opinion was that he had absolutely nothing to offer and was only hired because he's Cody's friend. Now there's so many people wringing their hands that he's just a mid-carder. IMO, he's exactly in the role that he should be.

If Moxley/Pac has a clear winner, it should be Moxley. It may be better to save Pac's first singles loss for a bigger moment, though. I could see them doing a time limit draw to lay the seeds for a bigger scale rematch down the line.

They had a good feud going that could've set Spears up as a top line guy, with an awesome manager. And they blitzed through it in one match with Cody winning with ease.

Like maybe Spears wouldn't succeed in the role, but they cut his legs off at the pass and now he's just a guy.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does NJPW's parent company owning Stardom now fuck up AEW's chance to work with Stardom in the near future? I don't know how wrestling politics work so I have no idea if that's what's going to happen or not.

Also I hope AEW and NWA form some kind of partnership. I'd love for them to cross promote each other's shows. Imagine them plugging Powerrr during AEW Dark or something. Hell if the NWA champion walked out on Dynamite to cut a promo talking about how he's the REAL world's champion as a cool way to announce that partnership I'd lose my shit and you just know Jim Ross and Tony Schiavonne would be selling the fuck out of that on commentary.

I'm not saying have them dominate each other's shows just a quick little plug on either show and uhh have some of the more green AEW wrestlers work on an underneath match in Powerrr to get more experience working with different wrestlers in a different style once in a while.
Stardom is now owned by NJPW, and we know what New Japan thinks about AEW.

Is Bushiroad who owns Stardom, not NJPW. As fas as we know, NJPW and Stardom are separate business with different management. The ex-owner of Stardom, Rossy, is now the CEO of the company. So if he wants to keep the partnership it could probably happen.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

Austin on Moxley: "You know what? Jon Moxley radiates Pro Wrestler and in 2019 that's some good. Moxley walking away from the federation was the best thing he could've done for his career and he's been lighting the wrestling world on fire ever since. AEW is lucky to have him because he would be my top draft pick in all of pro wrestling. I'm hoping they highlight him and god damn i can't help myself but see shades of myself in him. Kid's got a fire lit under him and hes gonna show everyone just who the hell he is and i love it."

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
One of the things Austin said in interviews he regrets the most, is the infamous Steve austin podcast with Mox on the network (because he thinks it was his fault to put Mox on that situation)

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Reading the previous page and you meanies have made me imagine Kenny winning the belt only to hear a coin drop.

Daaaaaamn iiiiit.

I want this
I want this
I want this
I want thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Reading the previous page and you meanies have made me imagine Kenny winning the belt only to hear a coin drop.

Daaaaaamn iiiiit.

I want this
I want this
I want this
I want thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis
I unironically, no joke think that this would be the GREATEST moment in wrestling history.

Fuck off with your Stone Cold/The Rock bullshit, this is what the history books will headline.

MizneyWorld

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's great to be excited for weekly wrestling again. AEW has been great thus far. Good business and a little luck, I hope they are able to grow their base enough to confidently move to Monday nights in the future a la Monday Night Nitro.

Loving seeing the Lucha Bros again. Lucha Underground feels so long ago. It would be nice to see another LU favorite, Mil Muertes, show up too. Loved his masked powerhouse look and style.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017

I'm pretty sure the unprotected chairshot outrage made them get cold feet with the entire angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.