• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2019
one thing wwe missed that was present in like early 2000s and before is massive payoffs.

the cody and mjf stuff is literally a classic wrestling thing and we can already see the signs from crowds etc that its gonna get a massive payoff so to speak..

has anyone got a link to riho theme ?

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
AAA is on Twitch tonight with their yearly Heroes Inmortales show, featuring Kenny Omega vs. Fenix for the AAA world heavyweight title.

The show starts at 9 pm Eastern Time and will air on Spanish and English on Twitch, as usual. It is free for live viewing and part of the $5/month subscription for VOD. Matches from the show will air on TV and should end up on AAA's YouTube channel before the end of the year.

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

EHGWLw7VAAIqwZz.jpg:large

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
AAA is on Twitch tonight with their yearly Heroes Inmortales show, featuring Kenny Omega vs. Fenix for the AAA world heavyweight title.

The show starts at 9 pm Eastern Time and will air on Spanish and English on Twitch, as usual. It is free for live viewing and part of the $5/month subscription for VOD. Matches from the show will air on TV and should end up on AAA's YouTube channel before the end of the year.

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

EHGWLw7VAAIqwZz.jpg:large

Queen Hiedra isn't on the card? D:

You do god's work, RBH

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I know it's unpopular opinion online, but I don't want to see more WWE defections. I want to see homegrown wrestlers or pickups from other leagues. TNA left a bad taste in my mouth with taking talent from WWE and immediately putting them over what should have been internal superstars. I don't wanna see Cesaro or Shelton Benjamin in AEW.

I guess I should say that I don't want to see "high-profile" defections. I'd love to see Luke Harper square off in a tag match against Luchasaurus.
I'd very much welcome a couple defections to beef up the women's division.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
I'd very much welcome a couple defections to beef up the women's division.
I guess...?

Hana Kimura just got locked up at Stardom so she's out; but imo Yuka and Shida are way more of a priority than any WWE women. But then again, I'm only thinking of Raw and Smackdown, there are a ton of talented women in NXT who would thrive in AEW....

Oct 28, 2017
I know it's unpopular opinion online, but I don't want to see more WWE defections. I want to see homegrown wrestlers or pickups from other leagues. TNA left a bad taste in my mouth with taking talent from WWE and immediately putting them over what should have been internal superstars. I don't wanna see Cesaro or Shelton Benjamin in AEW.

I guess I should say that I don't want to see "high-profile" defections. I'd love to see Luke Harper square off in a tag match against Luchasaurus.

See, I would love Cesaro but I would hate Shelton.

Cesaro badly deserves an M. Bison-esque final boss run somewhere before he declines due to age. I think he's a WWE lifer at this point though.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
If SCU are chosen as the first tag champs over Lucha Bros, something has gone horribly wrong.

Don't care how good buddies SCU are, Lucha Bros have been killing themselves for this. If not The Bucks or Best Friends, it needs to be them.

It better be Private Party.

People says that Spears is done with his credibility with 2 loses.

Janela is 0-4 (2 unsanctioned, 2 normal) and people here dont say anything.

You are funny sometimes.

Spears is supposed to be serious. Janela isn't. You went through all that to build him up and he's trash, losing his first match? :/

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
People says that Spears is done with his credibility with 2 loses.

Janela is 0-4 (2 unsanctioned, 2 normal) and people here dont say anything.

You are funny sometimes.
Joey doesn't have a lot to prove, he can take a million losses and still look amazing becuase he's got that GCW and Beyond cred. Spears is still looked at as just a WWE geek.

Last edited:
one thing wwe missed that was present in like early 2000s and before is massive payoffs.

the cody and mjf stuff is literally a classic wrestling thing and we can already see the signs from crowds etc that its gonna get a massive payoff so to speak..

has anyone got a link to riho theme ?
This is why I don't get why a lot of people want it to pay off NOW, let it simmer.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Joey doesn't have a lot to prove, he can take a million losses and still look amazing becuase he's got that GCW and Beyond cred. Spears is still looked at as just a WWE geek.

Nah, both has a lot to probe, one because failed in wwe, and the other because until AEW was another "indie darling". And i love Joey Janela, but he is unproved too on National TV.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is AAA the league that New Japan sends their wrestlers to further their education and experience? I'm tuned in to the stream

That would be CMLL which is a competitor. AAA has a partnership with AEW. Anyone watching catch that Michael Nakazawa was there? I'm calling shenangans for the match tonight lol.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
That would be CMLL which is a competitor. AAA has a partnership with AEW. Anyone watching catch that Michael Nakazawa was there? I'm calling shenangans for the match tonight lol.

Also worth noting that both companies are VERY different. CMLL is all about straight wrestling, traditional 2 out of 3 falls, Captain's fall, no weapons, very rare gimmick matches.

AAA is the exact opposite. Complete batshit insanity.

Oct 30, 2017
I
Also worth noting that both companies are VERY different. CMLL is all about straight wrestling, traditional 2 out of 3 falls, Captain's fall, no weapons, very rare gimmick matches.

AAA is the exact opposite. Complete batshit insanity.
I was just about to say, this shit is crazy. A little too wild for me, the action is hard to follow. Also there is just a constant trumpet playing the entire time?

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
ITV Hub has been fucking awful tonight, trying to watch episode 4 and it has frozen about 20 times :/

Oct 30, 2017
I turned it off, it's clear that I'd be a CMLL fan over AAA. Some thoughts:

The english announcers are bad. I want to cut them some slack since it's clear english is not their first language. I appreciate the backstory they provided but the actual moment to moment commentating is hardly there

I do love the fact that they could not comprehend Michael Nakazawa, makes me wonder if the crowd was equally confused

I am surprised by how little bounce the AAA ring gives. It's hardly any at all

6 sided ring plus multiple teams at the same time (first 2 matches) was too much. It's clear that chaos and antics is what they're going for. It's not for me

This is where the Lucha Bros. hail from? The AEW matches must be so tame for them compared to this, how do you even adjust?

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I

I was just about to say, this shit is crazy. A little too wild for me, the action is hard to follow. Also there is just a constant trumpet playing the entire time?

Welcome to Mexico where everyone is obsessed with soccer. There's constant soccer chants, horns, vuvuzelas etc.

Lucha is typically very crazy and hard to follow, it's a really flowing style, lots of spots, and a big-time acquired taste.

I turned it off, it's clear that I'd be a CMLL fan over AAA. Some thoughts:

CMLL isn't much better. Plus there's a lot of behind the scenes political bullshit, two of their biggest stars Rush and Dragon Lee just got fired, and basically all the wrestlers are ready to revolt.

Last edited:

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
AAA is using kenny's theme without lyrics?? WTF

Edit: So Rey Fenix is just "fenix" in mexico? He is not a Rey in mexico? lol

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
just reminded this was on. good lord, the English commentary is atrocious. even if i don't understand part of it, i'm listening to spanish now.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
holy fuck that piledriver.
EDIT: OH DAMN, they actually gave the title to Omega. nice.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this leads to another Kenny vs Fenix match in Dynamite or another PPV. Also i think if AAA gave the title to Omega, its done that Lucha Bros will be AEW tag champs.

Status
Not open for further replies.