• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
So, I think most people might've heard that a bunch of 2K Facebook pages were hacked, including Borderlands and WWE2K. It's pretty childish and stupid, but holy shit did I get a laugh out of this:

Fp8nRf5.jpg

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm wondering who should be challenging for the women's division? I feel like Kong , Shida, and Nyla is too early. I don't want to see Britt right away either. I'm thinking Hayter or Penelope Ford for now then go with Kong or Shida depending on where that story goes

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Attendance for Indianapolis next Wednesday doesn't look great right now tbh. A lot of empty bowls. Wiki says the capacity is 6,800. Hope they'll end up with at least 5,000 hyped fans. The match card looks great and deserves a caring audience.

NtFAMkh.png

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Attendance for Indianapolis next Wednesday doesn't look great right now tbh. A lot of empty bowls. Wiki says the capacity is 6,800. Hope they'll end up with at least 5,000 hyped fans. The match card looks great and deserves a caring audience.

NtFAMkh.png
Man, the lighting around the ring in these shows is just going to keep getting darker, isn't it?

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Man, the lighting around the ring in these shows is just going to keep getting darker, isn't it?

For the Sears Centre the week after, I just did the "tickets available" math and they have only around 400 tickets left for that show, so that's a plus.

Gonna see if I can do the same for Indy now...

EDIT: Did it for Indy. There are 3 "100+ available" sections that I counted as 100, so with that math, there are 932 tickets available. It's most definitely at least 1,000. That said, they'll at least be guaranteed 5,500 I think.

Last edited:

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

NtFAMkh.png
Doesn't look that bad to me honestly, I mean I'm not an expert or anything but I'm sure wwe would kill for that with some 9f the shows they have had at points lol.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
For the Sears Centre the week after, I just did the "tickets available" math and they have only around 400 tickets left for that show, so that's a plus.

Gonna see if I can do the same for Indy now...

EDIT: Did it for Indy. There are 3 "100+ available" sections that I counted as 100, so with that math, there are 932 tickets available. It's most definitely at least 1,000. That said, they'll at least be guaranteed 5,500 I think.
You're assuming certain section like the area behind the hardcam were already put on sale which probably hasn't happened.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017

NtFAMkh.png
Yeahhhh you should probably back away from this stuff a bit or you'll go nuts over analyzing things that isn't your job to be concerned with. We've had the talk about how wrestling at large isn't as big as it was thanks to the WWE strangling the light out of the fandom here in the states. It's not that AEW are in trouble. It's that the business is in a bad spot and this is the start of an upswing. The fact they've aold as much as they have in that arena is impressive enough.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Stop doing this to yourself
Yeahhhh you should probably back away from this stuff a bit or you'll go nuts over analyzing things that isn't your job to be concerned with. We've had the talk about how wrestling at large isn't as big as it was thanks to the WWE strangling the light out of the fandom here in the states. It's not that AEW are in trouble. It's that the business is in a bad spot and this is the start of an upswing. The fact they've aold as much as they have in that arena is impressive enough.

Okay, I'll try to chill. The product is so good and deserves to be selling out every show, know what I mean? But as a hardcore, I know not everyone shares my enthusiasm.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
A 5,500 weekly average attendance on a Wednesday is AMAZING for a 11 month old wrestling company. Between this, a 100k PPV buying rate at $50 a pop and them beating WWE in the ratings they should be ecstatic with all their early success.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
One concern i have with aew is that the relatively small roster is a double edged sword: on one hand you have guys like private party,allin,scorpio sky and cassidy booked right and hopefully make them future stars and on the other hand you have to give stuff away on tv that should be ppv caliber like page vs pac again,janella vs omega again after that awesome dark match etc.Like allin vs mox should be a 30 min non-title ppv deathmatch and you wasting it on a random wednesday on a random crowd.

OP
OP
Bronx-Man

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One concern i have with aew is that the relatively small roster is a double edged sword: on one hand you have guys like private party,allin,scorpio sky and cassidy booked right and hopefully make them future stars and on the other hand you have to give stuff away on tv that should be ppv caliber like page vs pac again,janella vs omega again after that awesome dark match etc.Like allin vs mox should be a 30 min non-title ppv deathmatch and you wasting it on a random wednesday on a random crowd.
They're only having 4 PPVs a year, they can afford to have PPV cards for Dynamite episodes with the space they have.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Yeah just having filler matches on TV isn't a good idea with so few PPVs.
We will definitely get a fair amount of money fights for free otherwise people won't tune in.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Oney Lorcan, aka the former Biff Busick, requested a WWE release at the end of last month, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

Lorcan, who teamed with Danny Burch in WWE NXT and 205 Live, has not yet been granted.

Lorcan was signed by WWE in September 2015 after strong runs in EVOLVE, Beyond Wrestling and CZW, among other companies.

Lorcan has reverted back to his former ring name, Biff Busick, on social media, but has not publicly commented on the matter.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Darby vs Mox isn't being wasted though, like you say they're trying to build new stars and if Darby hangs with Mox like he hung with Jericho and Cody then that only helps Darby. As long as Darby isn't booked to look like a joke then the match isn't a waste.

Context matters too.

Darby isn't a big star yet, for all intents and purposes he's a new guy that's only just been introduced to the world at large 2 months ago.

This is just a match between two guys but maybe in 12 months time they do the match again but now Darby is the top face in the company and it gives the rematch a new dynamic, hell maybe Mox is heel and the champ in 12 months time and we all want Darby to kill him.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Good promo but this continues something I have an issue with. They keep calling the Bucks the best tag team in the world. While that's true in my opinion telling the TV audience this undermines the champs SCU. Also they've keep telling people they are the best but haven't really shown it. The Bucks lost in the first round of the tourney to a young team that then went on a losing streak and the Bucks haven't any big wins since losing to the Lucha bros. The Bucks may have been too generous in putting people over imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.