• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't it have been better for it to be a surprise on the show or built up storyline wise beforehand instead of a random announcement online?

Surprises don't draw ratings. You need to tell people you are doing something on the show to get folks to watch. People aren't psychic, they don't know there's going to be a surprise.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this is why Arn was talking about who he'd pick as a modern 4 horsemen earlier in the month.

Would be pretty cool to see. I'm all for stables. Obviously they couldn't use the Horsemen name, but would help out someone like Adam Page. Throw in Kenny Omega too.

Surprises don't draw ratings. You need to tell people you are doing something on the show to get folks to watch. People aren't psychic, they don't know there's going to be a surprise.

Surprises one week will lead to increased viewership in following weeks. It leads to an anything can happen feel for the show and will make people think they need to watch live.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Surprises work when it is something for the people already watching. As for Arn being Cody's manager, it already makes since due to all out and also furthers the story with MJF. Now both have someone in their corner. Not sure if Arn can pull that spinebuster on wardlow though.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We all know the Rhodes and Anderson families don't get along. Probably gonna be a swerve anyway.

Deleted member 35217

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Like Arn getting some on screen love.
Wouldn't it have been better for it to be a surprise on the show or built up storyline wise beforehand instead of a random announcement online?

People will bitch about anything. Glad we'll see some AA on TV, not sure Cody really needs him but I like that they are calling him more of a coach than a ringside manager. Let's see where it goes.

Oct 25, 2017
Arn ain't got it anymore, and it hurts my heart to admit it. That promo he filmed a couple months ago was pretty awful. Everything beautiful crumbled. It's just a shame it happened to Arn.

Hope he's put in a decent role that doesn't make him look as old as he has looked lately.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Getting a legend as a part of the public product is always a good way to legitimize the product when it's this young. I see nothing wrong with having Arn be around.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Catching up after a few weeks away, but my dude on the left here is killing it

rHHxRP0.gif

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So lots of talk about a secondary title as of late and I assume many are expecting some kind of Intercontinental Championship tier title for the midcard and while I don't hate the Idea I was talking it over with my brother the other day and got thinking about something more akin to a Hardcore/Dark/Unsanctioned title

I know the idea of an Unsanctioned title is kind of paradoxical but If someone like Moxley introduced it of his own accord and kayfabe everyone respected him and the title enough that it was given an honour system it could work well. Lights out is a big gimmick for AEW and so is AEW Dark. Having a title that changed hand on Dark, Lights out matches and PPV's etc could be a really cool thing.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
So lots of talk about a secondary title as of late and I assume many are expecting some kind of Intercontinental Championship tier title for the midcard and while I don't hate the Idea I was talking it over with my brother the other day and got thinking about something more akin to a Hardcore/Dark/Unsanctioned title

I know the idea of an Unsanctioned title is kind of paradoxical but If someone like Moxley introduced it of his own accord and kayfabe everyone respected him and the title enough that it was given an honour system it could work well. Lights out is a big gimmick for AEW and so is AEW Dark. Having a title that changed hand on Dark, Lights out matches and PPV's etc could be a really cool thing.
This would negate any kind of specialness the "unsanctioned" gimmick would have in the future. Like doing an entire PPV called TLC would do for TLC matches.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This would negate any kind of specialness the "unsanctioned" gimmick would have in the future. Like doing an entire PPV called TLC would do for TLC matches.
Yeah I think that's the big issue with it, The problem is I genuinly don't see a world where I buy Jimmy Havoc or Janella as AEW champs. Even an IC tier belt seems off for them. AEW has a contingent of stars that seems ill fitted to the title scene and an IC belt is always going to look like a midcard world title.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
So, Le Champion "tricked" me into buying "Wrestle Kingdom" again after Alpha vs. Omega two (?) years ago. I know the cross brand title defense is probably a work, but I thought showing interest from AEW fans and buying the show can't hurt. Plus it's a fun time to watch a show at that time of the day over the weekend here in Germany.
Arn in Cody's corner probably means Darby won't get the win. :(

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
So, Le Champion "tricked" me into buying "Wrestle Kingdom" again after Alpha vs. Omega two (?) years ago. I know the cross brand title defense is probably a work, but I thought showing interest from AEW fans and buying the show can't hurt. Plus it's a fun time to watch a show at that time of the day over the weekend here in Germany.

I didn't think anyone would actually believe the idea of a crossbrand title defense.

Oct 27, 2017
Got me too. I had a similar thought. Hopefully they get a big enough boost from AEW fans to get them to reconsider their fuck AEW stance they seem to have when it comes to working together.

Although I'm sure a lot of the more hardcore AEW audience would've already bought this anyway.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina

I honestly plan on buying it just to see what happens. I've been worked.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
We gonna have an OT2 for the new year?
We probably should discuss this. Thread is as of now 244 pages long. I would if I had the skill to whip up something nice, but I've never even made a regular thread before.

edit: geez guys I didn't mean immediately this second. Now I feel like a jerk :P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.