• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
I get Kenny trying to save Riho from Nyla cuz they are friends but it should have been Dr. Britt Baker who did the saving.

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
I have my nitpicks with the show but im giving them the benefit of the doubt since its there first live tv show i have no doubt in my mind that they will end up being great after they work out a couple things.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
It's week 1 and all that, but I think they will need a little more in the way of angles and stories going forward. A lot of tonight felt like a PPV, match match match. Not to say we need that 25 minute RAW opening or 18 million "My guest at this time, Blippity Dipper. Do you feel confident against Kronka Lonka's stupendous multitude?" backstage bits, but you know.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, as we come up on the main event, I have been tremendously entertained and not made to feel angry.

It's nice.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Orange Cassidy, they should give Orange Cassidy a Battle Royale run like Nyla Rose got. Send him in first, let him defeat everyone with his hands in his pockets.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
I have enjoyed this show tonight but been disappointed with the lack of big debuts/surprises. Was maybe being greedy but thought they might have pulled something out of the bag. Still time I guess.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's week 1 and all that, but I think they will need a little more in the way of angles and stories going forward. A lot of tonight felt like a PPV, match match match. Not to say we need that 25 minute RAW opening or 18 million "My guest at this time, Blippity Dipper. Do you feel confident against Kronka Lonka's stupendous multitude?" backstage bits, but you know.
I agree. it's kind of weird to be honest with you I know almost nothing about anyone besides Cody, mjf and Chris

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Pretty good women's match, but the ending was a bit of a clustermuck, and Britt was totally silent on commentary. Just like Kip Sabian when he was watching a match a while back. Don't put performers on commentary if they aren't going to say anything.

These commercial breaks suuuuck. They're gonna have to figure this part out over time.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cool remix of the elite theme.
Here comes Jericho and his two friends he definitely hangs out with.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Picked up but they have to fire the fuck out whichever moron that's laying out the women's matches. Nyla's got a huge strength advantage, wastes time on chair shit. Riho's spent her whole career working a high-speed and technical style, yet she's supposed to be doing power spots on fucking Nyla. Did anybody even check if the dentist could talk on commentary?
JR is going to bring back Isaac Yankem.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything more heel than singing your own shit theme song?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

A big problem I've had with AEW so far is that they expect folks to have too much background information for all of this. This is your first TV episode, it's okay to spend some time fleshing things out.

Like yeah, the diehard fans are happy but how many new folks are you gonna win over with this?

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who isn't an AEW mark, it's a solid debut, but I'd debate how much I saw that was better than WWE. That said... their video packages for wrestler intros on their titantron consistently kick the shit out of WWEs.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I agree. it's kind of weird to be honest with you I know almost nothing about anyone besides Cody, mjf and Chris

Yeah I think this is a fair call and has kinda been an issue with their PPVs for new people too. They'll figure it out eventually.

On fite, I wouldn't mind if they played some of their YT stuff instead of just panning the arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.