• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
"They're chanting what they like, what they wanted, what they needed"

Jim Ross, at least for one night, was back to form for the first time in years. He really elevated this show on commentary. He was fucking hype the entire time. I hope I have that much energy at 67.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I don't watch wrestling and I'm most definitely the farthest thing from a wrestling fan.

Watched the first episode and I was very impressed with how entertaining it was to me.
This weeks episode? Fucking. Amazing.
Private Party tag team match was the highlight of the show for me. So many cool moves and flipping and uhhh, just every about everything was awesome.
Will definitely put this on my regular watch list.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
My mum was the one who got me into wrestling when I was a wee lad. She stopped when I stopped around 2001. She still loves the Rock and will watch anything with him in it, but she hasn't watched wrestling since 2001.

She has sat down for both episodes of Dynamite and gotten super excited. She also had a blast with the women's stuff because when she stopped, women's wrestling was still mostly bikinis and mud wrestling etc.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Jesus this Jericho promo is great. One of his best. Also he look great in that outfit. It's a good look.

WMBT27

Oct 25, 2017
I don't watch wrestling and I'm most definitely the farthest thing from a wrestling fan.

Watched the first episode and I was very impressed with how entertaining it was to me.
Private Party tag team match was the highlight of the show for me. So many cool moves and flipping and uhhh, just every about everything was awesome.

Is this your first go around with wrestling or have you tried to get into it before?

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

That's awesome. Glad to hear you're liking it.

One of AEW's goals is to attract people like you. When wrestling was hot, everyone watched it, not just wrestling hobbyists.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017

glad to hear you're liking it!

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Glad you're here.

I think a future litmus test for anyone will be to show them the YB vs PP match. It's got to be one of the better matches I've seen. (The better ones were 15 years ago and I can't remember which ones they were!)

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017

Nice one. The AEW thread has been pretty posi so far in general so hop on board! There is some fun stuff to catch up with between episodes.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Is this your first go around with wrestling or have you tried to get into it before?
I've tried to get into it a few years ago I wanna say?
I think I watched a Wrestlemania once a few years back but I bounced off it pretty quickly.
Plus the way that WWE has handled itself as a company disgusts me soooooo
I figured I would start anew especially with how many folks have been hyping this shit up and I'm tell ya, I don't regret it thus far.

Edit: also Sammy Guevara is a cutie so that helps :p

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

AEW rules.

How is Metroid Prime Trilogy going?

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Welcome friend.

Oct 27, 2017
Darby flying down the ramp on a fucking skateboard at Jericho is the best thing I've seen in wrestling all year. It's so refreshing seeing a company put in work to put over a young talent with the intent of building them to be a star.

If this was the WWE he'd have been jobbed out to Orton several times in a row.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Darby flying down the ramp on a fucking skateboard at Jericho is the best thing I've seen in wrestling all year. It's so refreshing seeing a company put in work to put over a young talent with the intent of building them to be a star.

If this was the WWE he'd have been jobbed out to Orton several times in a row.
I thought earlier today that I wanted to see Darby skateboard down the ramp at some point...but didn't post about it. Didn't imagine it would happen tonight!

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know for sure if Marty Scurll is headed to AEW? Honestly I would love to see all of Villain Enterprises (not inc, lol) come over. The more factions the better in my opinion.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know for sure if Marty Scurll is headed to AEW? Honestly I would love to see all of Villain Inc come over. The more factions the better in my opinion.

WWE is gonna throw all the money in the world at him, but I gotta think he's one of those guys who will end up in AEW. There's so much already built in for him there. Just gotta wait and see.

DStubbs

Oct 28, 2017
That Jericho promo was one of the best promo's I've heard in a long time. Overall a fantastic show. So nice to see a show put over the young talent for a change.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
"Marty, how would you like three million dollars a year to sit in catering next to EC3?"

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2017
WWE is gonna throw all the money in the world at him, but I gotta think he's one of those guys who will end up in AEW. There's so much already built in for him there. Just gotta wait and see.
WWE will throw a lot of money at him. Then they will shit on him badly as they usually do to people.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
You know the second Vince sees the plague doctor mask he's going to put Marty in some corny ass horror storyline.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
- Never seen Private Party before. I am a fan now.
- That Jericho promo speaks for itself.
- I just can't get behind Spears and Baker. Baker caught my eye at All In but since then she's seemed so lifeless.
- Darby is awesome.
- I love how over Riho has become.
- Omega is a real far cry from who he was last year and I just don't get it.

Really solid show. Preferred it over NXT this week.

Last edited:

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Alright, which one of you runs the AEW Twitter Account?

tenor.gif

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting Marty to make his big debut either at Full Gear or on the first Dynamite thereafter

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say that I haven't had a chance to watch a ton of AEW but what I am seeing is really scratching that itch of what I used to love about Pro Wrestling. Fucking amazing.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Week 2 of AEW was better than the 1st. Overall pacing, match layouts, storytelling, and intrigue built for upcoming events were all stronger. Very fast and fluid 2 hours. They have a super solid foundation here that should only get better as more and more shows go by and they can utilize backstories built over the next 6 months to develop rivalries.

- Omega is a real far cry from who he was last year and I just don't get it.

Kenny Omega was part of company going through a historically incredible run right now, with multiple world class wrestlers who are all putting on 95% of the 4.5+ star matches every year for the last 5 years. It was only natural that he would downshift in AEW. He's also clearly being put into a position where he'll have to climb the ladder before becoming the Best Bout Machine again. Give it time.

Just look at it like this: New Japan lost prime Nakamura, AJ, and Omega, and are still amazing right now. They're on a totally different level. Omega isn't surrounded by that in AEW.

Last edited:

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
It's kinda crazy that just 2 weeks in and the show is this damn good.....just wait until they nail the production, camera cuts, etc. and all the guys get more accustomed to each other.

Like 2 or 3 months down the line this show is going to be so goddamn good....I mean even better than it is now.

WMBT27

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried to get into it a few years ago I wanna say?
I think I watched a Wrestlemania once a few years back but I bounced off it pretty quickly.
Plus the way that WWE has handled itself as a company disgusts me soooooo
I figured I would start anew especially with how many folks have been hyping this shit up and I'm tell ya, I don't regret it thus far.

Edit: also Sammy Guevara is a cutie so that helps :p

You're coming in at a perfect time. Never been easier to be a wrestling fan without watching a second of WWE programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.