• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
But we've already seen that match at All Out and it was...fine. I wouldn't be opposed to them giving it another go, though.
Yeah, I know this but I think that realistically they don't have anyone who can challenge RIHO so early and they can bring Shida, have her score a couple of wins against, let's say, Allie and Penelope Ford, and look very strong in those two matches and then challenge RIHO on the November 6 episode.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I don't like Bea Priestley. She's only appeared 3 times and she's already concussed Britt, caused shit backstage and now this with Britt.
From what I hear she has previous of being a real bitch too.

Bea's worked a much stronger style in Japan over the last year and has injured 0 people. Maybe she needs to treat the dentist with kiddie gloves but I think it's a little early to blame everything on her.

There's definitely some truth to being shitty outside the ring but on that front she's probably no more problematic than most of the main event.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah that be nice. Even if it's a few weeks later.

I just can't justify cable.

Sling Blue for $25 a month ($15 for the first month) is a decent deal. Gets you USA, TNT, and AXS, so it's kind of perfect for wrestling.

I also have used parents cable logins before to just watch shows online, I think almost all cable companies offer some sort of online streaming for customers now. It might yell at you after a while for not being at the home address though.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Loved this week's show and thought it was better than the debut, my negatives are super nitpicks and not worth getting into.

Bucks vs PP was a fantastic opener, I expected PP to win since Bucks have O&S to deal with but it's great to have AEW building new stars.

Sidenote....the people who say "the Elite will put themselves over" can STFU now, Bucks are 0-3 in their last 3 matches.

Darby vs Havoc was a fun match and I'm glad Darby went over, I'd love to see these two feud for a while. The whole night was a star making performance for Darby, like last week was for Sammy.

Incredible promo from Jericho, loved him shutting down the smarky fans and shitting on the creative writers that came up with We The People. The group name isn't bad.

Women's match was fine, though I thought the ref could've been more strict with Sakura staying in the ring what felt like the entire match. Guess Britt is challenging Riho next week.

Moxley feels big time.

When his music picks up and he starts that pissed off walk down the ramp, I hear JR screaming "BUSINESS IS ABOUT TO PICKUP" in my head.

Thought the match was good and Spears held his own, this was better than the match they'd have put on if they were both still in the E. Don't think Spears was hurt by this loss at all.

Having PAC on commentary was a nice touch, as was him complaining about not getting a title shot.

Moxley not attacking Omega after the PAC attack was a nice quick way to show that Mox ain't a heel despite his heel like antics last week.

Main event was basically a repeat of last week, a solid show ender with a gloriously overbooked face vs heel war. Loved Darby and MJF getting involved this time round and Darby coming out on his skateboard just killed me.

Roll on next week.

Paying £5 per month for four episodes of this on FITE is looking like a steal.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Sling Blue for $25 a month ($15 for the first month) is a decent deal. Gets you USA, TNT, and AXS, so it's kind of perfect for wrestling.

I also have used parents cable logins before to just watch shows online, I think almost all cable companies offer some sort of online streaming for customers now. It might yell at you after a while for not being at the home address though.
If AEW was on Hulu is be awesome. It's only 6 bucks a month.

Granted live Hulu is much more.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
Bea's worked a much stronger style in Japan over the last year and has injured 0 people. Maybe she needs to treat the dentist with kiddie gloves but I think it's a little early to blame everything on her.

There's definitely some truth to being shitty outside the ring but on that front she's probably no more problematic than most of the main event.
It's just not a good first impression. If she has a clean run going forward I might warm to her more.

Oct 27, 2017
My only minor very small not even a real problem nitpick from the night is having Cody show up at the end using the blackout gimmick. Stuff like that should be reserved for surprise returns/arrivals or vaguely supernatural wrestlers. Like... both times the lights went out I thought The Dark Order were going to come out.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
My only minor very small not even a real problem nitpick from the night is having Cody show up at the end using the blackout gimmick. Stuff like that should be reserved for surprise returns/arrivals or vaguely supernatural wrestlers. Like... both times the lights went out I thought The Dark Order were going to come out.
I agree with this. I was expecting CM Punk.

(No, not really but I still agree.)

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As great as the show was last night, I think I might be more excited for the ratings coming out in a few hours.

DameJay

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
That should probably stop happening

It feels like anyone has access to it, Cody, Shawn, Orange Cassidy...it's weird.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
I take that as a threat. I don't like being threatened, AEW.

I don't get why they used it for Cody, feel like he would have gotten just as big if not bigger a pop just from running down the ramp when the fans were chanting his name.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe i'm mis-remembering, either way she has had 3 incidents in as many appearances.
Maybe it's just a rough start for her but if it's going to be standard then she's not worth the trouble.

What hypocrisy? You don't remember the Seth Rollins stuff?
The fact they're continuing to book her should say it all, shouldn't it? They either don't think she's trouble in the first place (which is my guess) or think she's worth it.

And yes, hypocrisy. Bringing up Seth Rollins is ridiculous, seeing as he was only called out after injuring two high profile wrestlers (Cena and Balor) in a relatively short amount of time and forcing a legend into retirement (Sting). Do you really think Bea's incidents are even remotely comparable to that? I think it's pretty obvious that people are way more sensitive when women are injured than men and I'm surprised anyone would disagree, especially when you're making such a big deal out of a black eye.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I think they wanted you to think that. I dug it. Nice way to subvert the expectation.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
The fact they're continuing to book her should say it all, shouldn't it? They either don't think she's trouble in the first place (which is my guess) or think she's worth it.

And yes, hypocrisy. Bringing up Seth Rollins is ridiculous, seeing as he was only called out after injuring two high profile wrestlers (Cena and Balor) in a relatively short amount of time and forcing a legend into retirement (Sting). Do you really think Bea's incidents are even remotely comparable to that? I think it's pretty obvious that people are way more sensitive when women are injured than men and I'm surprised anyone would disagree, especially when you're making such a big deal out of a black eye.
If it continues will they still think the same?

Did I say they were comparable? You implied men don't get called out for it and I provided an example otherwise, nothing more.
You think it's obvious based on what?
I'm not making a big deal over a black eye, I just said i don't like priestly, being involved in as many incidents right off the bat, if it was just this I wouldn't bat an eye at it.

Oct 27, 2017
For me, it subverted it in the wrong way. I was like "ohh! Who could it be??" and it ended up just being Cody. It's fine, not that big of a deal.

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's meant to be a legit part of Shawn's entrance now.
I'm actually fine with it in this case because it makes sense for the entrance. Lights go out and the spotlight comes on. It was just a bit jarring in this case because they hadn't done it before and the transition from Best Friends > lights going out implied something other than what they meant to imply.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't gotten a chance to watch last nights episode yet, but that Inner Circle shirt is dope.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
Bea Priestly is over-rated, un-safe, position on the card stealing trash.
What kind of a name is Priestly anyway?

Jun 14, 2019
jericho shutting down the we the people chants and the other stuff sourrunding it might have actually really helped hager for the future in aew

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
The Cody reveal was so damn awesome to me. He's booking himself as basically the top face of the company and it's working for me.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
jericho shutting down the we the people chants and the other stuff sourrunding it might have actually really helped hager for the future in aew
He still needs to just shut up, say nothing and be kept well away from twitter at all costs though.
Can't lie that his spots tonight were good.

Oh god, have I been inadvertently interacting with a gimmick poster? I feel dirty. This is why I avoid the wrestling thread in hangouts.
You should feel dirty, because YOU ARE DIRTY. and with THIS.... *holds up pooper scooper* I shall CLEANSE THE FILTH.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
If it continues will they still think the same?

Did I say they were comparable? You implied men don't get called out for it and I provided an example otherwise, nothing more.
You think it's obvious based on what?
I'm not making a big deal over a black eye, I just said i don't like priestly, being involved in as many incidents right off the bat, if it was just this I wouldn't bat an eye at it.
Saying there's some hypocrisy over injuries to men and women isn't even remotely implying that men never get called out. You pulled that out of your ass.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
Stray thoughts:
Jericho is finally the top heel I imagined he'd be when he interrupted the Rock twenty years ago and him IMMEDIATELY forming a heel stable to protect the belt was a surprise but it makes so much sense in retrospect.
I don't love Britt Baker's mandible claw--she needs to jam those fingies in to make it look like its doing something painful and I just don't think it's a great finisher for a squeaky-clean babyface.
Please AEW get the themes mixed into the TV audio some, they're very hard to hear.
I held my Nintendo Switch for about the first 15 minutes of the show out of instinct before putting it down, it's been so long since I've been engaged enough with a weekly wrestling show to not need a second screen doing something. It's nice.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
So the story next week will be that Cody couldn't beat Darby in 20 minutes. Will be interesting to see if Jericho can do it or if they do another time limit draw.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Apparently, the Inner Circle shirt demand crashed pro wrestling tees last night. Or at least overloaded them to a massive degree.

Oct 27, 2017
So the story next week will be that Cody couldn't beat Darby in 20 minutes. Will be interesting to see if Jericho can do it or if they do another time limit draw.
God if they do Darby/Jericho to a draw I will lose my shit, in a good way. They are so smart in how they are strapping a rocket on his back. Darby is problem the biggest star in the making they got.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me, or is Guevara capable of selling just about any move? Everything that hits him just seems to have massive yet believable impact.

Just gotta love that snot nosed best, he's got talent for sure.

Really smart putting him in the Sean Waltman/Syxx role in the Inner Circle. He made Hangman and Dustin look like a million bucks.

Last edited:

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
It's a pretty cool logo. Straddles the line of being a "safe" shirt. Though I wonder if people will think you're part of the Illuminati or something.

aew1137-t.png

Jun 14, 2019
also didnt shawn spears come up with the inner circle stuff ? pretty sure i remember him saying stuff about that, so im guessing they either gave that to jericho or spears is joining ?

Status
Not open for further replies.