• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I quit wrestling Twitter yesterday, friends. This place is more sane and doesn't negatively impact my mental health.

Smart decision. I followed you and saw some of the dust ups you would Wade into a while back. Was like... man, I'd rather deal with Violet and their takes because at least i know there's enough common ground there to make nice once in a while.

but what are you gonna do without DM scoops!!!!!

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting really frustrating coming into the aew threads to read about the show, only to be greeted by countless posts from people complaining about something being bad when that's not how things work and it's doing better than the network hoped for.

It's the same people doing the same baseless concern trolling. It's tiresome. People might take you more seriously if you weren't doing the exact same shtick after the week one.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I don't expect any big signing surprises, maybe they'll debut Wardlow. I'm surprised they haven't shown further vignettes to keep him on our minds.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Marty will just re-join the Elite when he comes back. It could make the Elite vs. Inner Cicle faction battle even greater.
I think it would be a waste.

ROH may be terrible but Villain Enterprises was a great idea. He should pretend to come back as a face for the pops and then turn on them early on and get his own faction in the midcard.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

Bandido is wrestling on AAA's big show in December, his first appearance for AAA since October 2018. Looks like he may be done with ROH.

Out of all the possible free agents that are coming up, he's number one on my wishlist for AEW. He's so damn talented and deserves a bigger spotlight

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I think it would be a waste.

ROH may be terrible but Villain Enterprises was a great idea. He should pretend to come back as a face for the pops and then turn on them early on and get his own faction in the midcard.
Midcard.

ImpartialGiddyFoal-size_restricted.gif

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ouch. This outstanding show doesnt deserve this shit. At least AEW didnt put a blanket to cover it

Saw this late but that's a terrible tweet and an obvious attempt at Texas sharpshooting. WWE is a company that brags about selling out 100,000 (which is an inflated number and not the first time) and is the main reason why wrestling attendance in arenas is overemphasized so of course them with half attendance in a 20k arena is seen all over main stream media. AEW is a new company barely a toe in the mainstream light so no one is gonna care (except wrestling fans) if a start up wrestling company has 5k empty seats.

Last edited:

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Smart decision. I followed you and saw some of the dust ups you would Wade into a while back. Was like... man, I'd rather deal with Violet and their takes because at least i know there's enough common ground there to make nice once in a while.

It played to my worst tendencies, and I'd sometimes read my own comments back to myself and didn't totally recognize myself. I feel this place is a lot more chill and people generally get along. Trolls get called out or ignored quickly too. It's nice.

That said, I find myself missing the official AEW and TNT feeds. There's good stuff there.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It played to my worst tendencies, and I'd sometimes read my own comments back to myself and didn't totally recognize myself. I feel this place is a lot more chill and people generally get along. Trolls get called out or ignored quickly too. It's nice.

That said, I find myself missing the official AEW and TNT feeds. There's good stuff there.
The key is to not read the comments. I just look at the posts and only from the official twitter handles. Staying away can help too.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for Full Gear when Jericho brings back The List and says that Cody is now at the bottom of it, that now to challenge him he must defeat 300 wrestlers whom Jericho sees as Cody's superior.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
The key is to not read the comments. I just look at the posts and only from the official twitter handles. Staying away can help too.

True. Might just set it up and treat it as a news feed, only following official accounts or those that match my own ethics. Nothing that will stoke my irrational rage meter like people arguing about ratings.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the video of the end of Wednesday night's show is already up near 1.1mil views on YT. That owns.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
My vote is bring in Villain Enterprises as a faction that opposes the Elite but also the Inner Circle. Make it a three faction war. I think that'll keep things more interesting because it'll be hard to keep Elite/Inner Circle going by itself for that much longer IMO.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Re: Villain Enterprises, I also suspect we may see the Kip Sabian/Hybrid2 trio absorbed into this. Kip has had an anti-Elite slant since July and he appeared on the most recent VETV sooo....

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
My vote is bring in Villain Enterprises as a faction that opposes the Elite but also the Inner Circle. Make it a three faction war. I think that'll keep things more interesting because it'll be hard to keep Elite/Inner Circle going by itself for that much longer IMO.
This.

I want real faction wars. The Elite vs Inner Circle vs Villain Enterprises vs _____. I also would love if some women were added to the factions e.g. Ivelisse (or Jamie) to Inner Circle, Bea to Villain Enterprises, etc.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Rewatching Shida vs. Riho from All Out, and Shida really does need to speed things up between moves. I feel like I'm watching a Randy Orton match with such glacial pacing. If the crowd was into it, it would be a different story, but they're just waiting for things to happen and basically saying "hurry up" waiting for the next sequence.

Riho is a very good babyface. I think her and Sakura will put on the best AEW women's match yet at the PPV with the little we saw of them together on Dynamite this week.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Rewatching Shida vs. Riho from All Out, and Shida really does need to speed things up between moves. I feel like I'm watching a Randy Orton match with such glacial pacing.

Riho is a very good babyface.
I think that Shida is amazing, but the whole MAKAI stuff that she plays a part on makes her a bit slow to American women's wrestling style. She needs to pick up the pace and she'll be just fine.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I think that Shida is amazing, but the whole MAKAI stuff that she plays a part on makes her a bit slow to American women's wrestling style. She needs to pick up the pace and she'll be just fine.

I agree. I've said before I love her look, moveset, and mannerisms. It's just the dead time between moves that needs to be cut shorter. I noticed it a lot in her TV match last week as well. In 2019, an American audience will flip the channel at that pace.

Last edited:

Deleted member 35217

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Did anyone check out Cody's media call? Anything in it that's worth a listen? I see Post Wrestling and I assume others put it on their podcast feed.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Dark is on today, presumably because it sets up stuff for Full Gear? They should have announced it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.