• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
POST 1 of 2

Alright AEW Era, I finally got my live impressions from Wednesday put together. I would have done it sooner but was way too drunk after the show and have been slammed at work until just now. Also, I wanted to share some GIFs!

From the moment I walked out onto the floor until the moment I hopped in my Lyft, me and my friend that came with me were absolutely blown away. Everything felt polished and big time. From the stage to the lighting to security to the way talent interacted with fans. Our seats were incredible. 4th row from the ring in the corner camera side. I was on the end of the row so I was able to run up to ringside fairly often, and we were even able to grab two abandoned ringside seats for the last Dark match! I'm the dude wearing a hoodie jean jacket if you've got eagle eyes. There was indeed a large section of seats tarped off behind the hard camera, but everything else filled up. I'd say the arena was about 70-75% full. That being said, the crowd was MOLTEN HOT, friendly and a lot of fun. Especially the people around me. We were having a blast.

Now for the show itself (as seen from my seats)

wGQEpRc.gif

Like I said, the crowd was hot from the jump. Trent and Pac started things off strong with everyone marking out hard for Orange Cassidy (super nice guy by the way). In the pic below I complimented his jean jacket, to which he responded "thanks baby".

xIaW8T7.gif

Lots of great FRESHLY SQUEEZED chants throughout, and the crowd went nuts when he hit the ring.

RYg3Hrf.gif

Next up was Cody, who brought the fucking house down. Stupid dick and Un-goddamn-deniable were hits, with stupid dick making it's present felt throughout the night.

myrYt0a.gif

Next up was Private Party vs. Dark Order. Both teams were awesome. Dark Order's entrance is actually great live. Private Party are sooooo smooth though. I was front and center for some dope moments.

mDRvJ2q.gif

The women's tag match was equally dope. Riho is even more impressive in person than on television. Her speed and crispness in the ring is just wild to watch. Jamie Hayter opened a lot of eyes in the crowd too. She's great at talking shit to the fans. Shana and Emi Sakura were also fantastic.

msBWqIB.gif

I'll finish the rest in another post. Don't want to take over the page.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Rewatching Shida vs. Riho from All Out, and Shida really does need to speed things up between moves. I feel like I'm watching a Randy Orton match with such glacial pacing. If the crowd was into it, it would be a different story, but they're just waiting for things to happen and basically saying "hurry up" waiting for the next sequence.

Riho is a very good babyface. I think her and Sakura will put on the best AEW women's match yet at the PPV with the little we saw of them together on Dynamite this week.
I keep trying to find a bootleg version of Riho's entrance theme and youtube keeps letting me down.

I need that Queen Riho energy.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Heads up

AEW Dark for this week is going up TONIGHT

Guess they want to get it out before the PPV

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Luchasaurus told people at Starrcast today that he's targeting January as his AEW return date.

At nearly three full months out, this is now officially the most severe hamstring pull in recorded history.

Luchasaurus is gonna end up AEW's Alexa Bliss if this is how long it takes his body to heal from a pulled hammy. Good lord.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
My understanding is it's a little more than just a "pull," I think I saw it described as a strain which is technically a tear but just not a full tear that requires surgery. So it can be a slow rehab and if you rush the recovery those can easily get exacerbated.

IMO, Jurassic Express should get a big push upon his return.

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
POST 1 of 2

Alright AEW Era, I finally got my live impressions from Wednesday put together. I would have done it sooner but was way too drunk after the show and have been slammed at work until just now. Also, I wanted to share some GIFs!

From the moment I walked out onto the floor until the moment I hopped in my Lyft, me and my friend that came with me were absolutely blown away. Everything felt polished and big time. From the stage to the lighting to security to the way talent interacted with fans. Our seats were incredible. 4th row from the ring in the corner camera side. I was on the end of the row so I was able to run up to ringside fairly often, and we were even able to grab two abandoned ringside seats for the last Dark match! I'm the dude wearing a hoodie jean jacket if you've got eagle eyes. There was indeed a large section of seats tarped off behind the hard camera, but everything else filled up. I'd say the arena was about 70-75% full. That being said, the crowd was MOLTEN HOT, friendly and a lot of fun. Especially the people around me. We were having a blast.

wGQEpRc.gif

Like I said, the crowd was hot from the jump. Trent and Pac started things off strong with everyone marking out hard for Orange Cassidy (super nice guy by the way). In the pic below I complimented his jean jacket, to which he responded "thanks baby".

xIaW8T7.gif

Lots of great FRESHLY SQUEEZED chants throughout, and the crowd went nuts when he hit the ring.

RYg3Hrf.gif

Next up was Cody, who brought the fucking house down. Stupid dick and Un-goddamn-deniable were hits, with stupid dick making it's present felt throughout the night.

myrYt0a.gif

Next up was Private Party vs. Dark Order. Both teams were awesome. Dark Order's entrance is actually great live. Private Party are sooooo smooth though. I was front and center for some dope moments.

mDRvJ2q.gif

The women's tag match was equally dope. Riho is even more impressive in person than on television. Her speed and crispness in the ring is just wild to watch. Jamie Hayter opened a lot of eyes in the crowd too. She's great at talking shit to the fans. Shana and Emi Sakura were also fantastic.

msBWqIB.gif

Awesome!

Need audio though.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
POST 1 of 2

wGQEpRc.gif

xIaW8T7.gif

RYg3Hrf.gif

myrYt0a.gif

mDRvJ2q.gif

msBWqIB.gif

This is awesome

Glad you enjoyed

Hope they come to Atlanta soon

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
IMPRESSIONS POST 2 of 2

Next up was the main even, and it was killer (as y'all saw on TV). Fantastic action, and it was the first time I'd seen Sammy, Hangman and Omega live and they didn't disappoint. The best part early on was the crowd interaction with Jericho. The STUPID DICK chants were amazing, and he did a little back and forth with the crowd, even dropping a Katie Vick joke. I was able to get a successful FOZZY SUCKS chant going.

RwAG0si.gif

Here's a screenshot of me yelling "FUCK YOU, YOU REPUBLICAN FUCK" at Jake Haegar. Y'all would have been proud. It aired during the commercial break though, so sadly the audio didn't make the air.

h8uhdbs.jpg

The craziest part of my night came when I was running to the concession stand to grab a beer and when I was going through the curtain I crashed into none other than Jon fucking Moxley pacing back and forth, getting into character before he came through the crowd. Shane the security guy grab me and tossed me to the side, and then stiffed armed me (nicely) through the curtain on my way back through. Mox is method as hell, he was yelling and getting himself hyped up a solid 10 minutes before coming to the ring. And when he finally did come to the ring, it was fucking awesome. My seats couldn't have been better for it.

dNQ4hbh.gif

Cool moment right after this (besides the awesome melee). Shane the security guard who had just throttled me, leaned over an apologized and asked if I was okay. He let me and my friend slide into some ringside seats for the last two Dark matches. He and I chatted it up during the matches and took some pictures. You may spot me double fisting bud lights and flipping off Jack Evans after he faked high fived me. He really is a great heel. The Hybrid 2 and Kip Sabian are gonna be great in Marty Scrull's Villain Faction (no way that doesn't happen)

ucJQjnj.gif

After the show, the Young Bucks, Cody, SCU and CIMA threw out t-shirts and thanked the crowd. Cody came and shook just about everyones hand at ringside and took a bunch of pictures. He literally had to go right when he got to us, but grabbed the camera of the guy behind me and took a big group shot (even though it looks like he's grabbing mine in the pic below) He seems like a genuine dude who really cares about the fans which is refreshing.

ZMCEL3K.jpg

So that's my recap. Overall, it was an amazing night of wrestling and the entire crowd left buzzing. Word of mouth is going to be strong coming out of this, and there will certainly be less tarps on the seats when they come back. If AEW comes to your town, go. You won't be disappointed (especially if you sit ringside).

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
That was her first time ever giving an English interview, she mentioned how nervous she was on twitter.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Leva Bates doing the "Hercules" clap from Nutty Professor is legitimately awesome

lmao

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
leva bates drinking coffee and reading a book while nyla rose does all the work is cracking me up

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This match can be the worst thing ever but if Chuckie T gets to say the s word it'll all be worth it.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
That promo video for Cody/Jericho that starts at the 30 minute mark on tonight's DARK was seriously fucking phenominal.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
AEW Dark
  • Good match between Shida and Big Swole. Was expecting a little more given the "omg AEW was so impressed they signed Swole on the spot!" story but it was still a well-above average singles match. Arn was fine chiming in on commentary and redeemed himself for the WCW Invasion-era commentary he did for Booker v.s. Buff Bagwell in 2001. Thought Shida's interview afterwards was fine.
  • Nyla/Leva v.s. Shazza/Royal was way too long for a squash. Nyla's post-match interview was good.
  • Fun trios match but pretty skippable. Cima's comeback was probably the most memorable part. Excalibur/Golden Boy/Chuck Taylor commentary team was excellent

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I was rewatching Dynamite, especially the Dark Order (I'm one of the few fans of the gimmick). The mannerisms and the way they portray the gimmick is very good. Their in ring abilities are off the charts. I think that the 3 things where they fail are:

1. Stu Grayson gear. He is a great physical specimen but his gear is all over the place. He needs better gear, pronto. Look at the way that vest automatically made Evil Uno look way better.

2. The entrance needs to be more creepy. They need to turn off the lights and maybe project a half moon over the crowd while they come down the ramp. They need some eerie music that better fits their team.

3. The creepers. They need to be creepier. They need to be more of them. They need to surround the ring and make every match a lumberjack match. This way the action keeps inside the ring where the Dark Order performs best.

Evil Uno with a vest looks way better. The way they interacted with the Creepers on the outside of the match, they looked amazing. Imagine that x5. Finally, let them do some promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.