• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when they pull the trigger on a Kenny/Riho vs Pac/Nyla intergender match

Teasing it like crazy

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
OMG Brandi is SO MUCH BETTER on commentary when she's just being herself.

And Jungle Boy vs. MJF is surprising me right now. What a solid storytelling match.

xVaalbarAx

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I would love to see Santana and Ortiz win the battle royal next week and get a shot at the tag titles at Revolution. But it's highly unlikely.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Just got home such a great show.

Hangman stole my beer and I never got another one :(

My second AEW show and headed to Revolution in Chicago. What a fucking hot fire promotion right now

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I don't know what else to say about Nyla winning so I'm just going to share my quote from the other thread. This shit means so much.
I legit cried. I've been watching wrestling all my life since the days of WCW and I never thought I'd live to see the day women like me would be represented in a big televised pro wrestling company. Then AEW happened. Then I thought maybe there was a chance of seeing a trans woman as champion but I didn't know when. I expected Nyla to win, but it hadn't really sunk in until it happened. Feels good.
So my complaints about Riho were mostly erased during this championship match. I'm never going to like her 619, but other than that she stuck to the strikes that look good. And I know people don't like it, but I've enjoyed seeing Riho suplex people much bigger than her. It only seems to happen when she's fired up, and it's usually treated like a burst of energy. I can buy it. This match was awesome.

Also, Vulture found my Twitter and just seeing someone like my tweet made me tear up again. Fucking AEW.

Deleted member 35217

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Dark matches

Best Friends v. Hybrid 2
Statlander v. Diamante
Big Swole v. Christi Jaynes
Young Bucks v. QT Marshall and Peter Avalon w/ Leva Bates

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I don't know what else to say about Nyla winning so I'm just going to share my quote from the other thread. This shit means so much.

So my complaints about Riho were mostly erased during this championship match. I'm never going to like her 619, but other than that she stuck to the strikes that look good. And I know people don't like it, but I've enjoyed seeing Riho suplex people much bigger than her. It only seems to happen when she's fired up, and it's usually treated like a burst of energy. I can buy it. This match was awesome.

Also, Vulture found my Twitter and just seeing someone like my tweet made me tear up again. Fucking AEW.

Fuckin' eh. So happy to read a post like this. Loved the match, the result, and all it symbolized.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Just watched Wardlow LAUNCH Jungle Boy. Jeeeeesus. That looked incredible. This episode is SO. FUCKING. GOOD.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting to see Cobb vs Mox live next week.

Now theres a damn match I didn't expect to hear about when I woke up today.

ISZhAoM.gif

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Kenny/Page vs. Lucha Bros. next week? And explained with logic by saying the Lucha Bros were the last team to beat them?

Everything is hitting hard with this episode. AEW is so damn hot right now.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017

This post 🤗

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The floor is dead for me, they're talking 1800, like no. 500 I saw on ticket master isn't bad though. There's some good mid-level seats I saw for about 150, probably what I'm getting if I decide to go.
Same the girlfriend and I did front row when they came to Indy but no way I'm dropping $2k on tickets. Plan on hitting the con early and watching tickets throughout the day

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017

Legit happy for you. Noticed that a lot of people in the crowd applauded when she won as well despite being a heel. Really special moment.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This got lost in the rapid fire posts about Cobb since it happened right after, but I really wanted to reiterate how much it meant to my 13yo who identifies as they/them to witness wrestling TV history live with Nyla Rose winning the championship. They were over the moon excited about it, even though they love Riho, too. I know they aren't perfect. I know they have people with trash political views on their roster. But at least they do try in other ways that matter, and I do give them major kudos for that.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
So we got Mox vs Jericho, Cody vs MJF, Dustin vs Hagger, and Sammy vs Darby for Rev. Most likely YB vs Omega/Hangman. Probably going to get 2 or 3 more matches.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
This got lost in the rapid fire posts about Cobb since it happened right after, but I really wanted to reiterate how much it meant to my 13yo who identifies as they/them to witness wrestling TV history live with Nyla Rose winning the championship. They were over the moon excited about it, even though they love Riho, too. I know they aren't perfect. I know they have people with trash political views on their roster. But at least they do try in other ways that matter, and I do give them major kudos for that.
Hell yeah! This warms my heart! Kid me could've used a moment like this. I'm happy for the both of you!

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
It didn't hit me until just now that this is the rematch from the very first women's championship match. Even better! The storytelling is too damn good.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017

Congrats

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I legit cried. I've been watching wrestling all my life since the days of WCW and I never thought I'd live to see the day women like me would be represented in a big televised pro wrestling company. Then AEW happened. Then I thought maybe there was a chance of seeing a trans woman as champion but I didn't know when. I expected Nyla to win, but it hadn't really sunk in until it happened. Feels good.
These posts got me all teary eyed.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Random thought, since they're teasing Daniels as the leader of the Dark Order so heavily, maybe it's Scorpio Sky? Sky's the youngest member of SCU, and the one they're teasing a push for, so maybe they'll make it a swerve and break Sky away from SCU?

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Already posted my thoughts in the other thread on Nyla winning the belt. Damn good stuff.

HOLY SHIT @ the Cobb signing. Holy fucking sheeeet. Dude is fucking talented.

Aew is just straight killing it right now, the company innately know where its weak points still are and is patching them quickly one by one. Just awesome they are executing this and nailing the year 2 changes effortlessly.

It's all but a lock for hosses, talented ones at that and not just meat heads who are dangerous to work with, to move into aew this year.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Cobb is still a free agent. Really hoping he either signs for New Japan or at worst makes sure he puts in any AEW contract that he can work New Japan.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Nyla gets a bigger belt by next week, although it would be funny if every champion had to carry the Riho sized belt.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Cobb is still a free agent. Really hoping he either signs for New Japan or at worst makes sure he puts in any AEW contract that he can work New Japan.

I like New Japan but AEW needs guys like him more than they do so if he hasn't been locked down yet I hope AEW rectifies that (and a clause that lets him also work NJPW is a win-win). Also, if he really isn't locked up then AEW needs to be careful because he absolutely seems like someone WWE would go after. I wouldn't be shocked if Vince tries to snap him up before Dynamite to fuck with AEW's main event.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Old, but needs to be seen here :

Also, don't look at the Twitter replies for the official AEW Tweet regarding Nyla's win. People are fucking scumbags.