• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
It seemed like either a) PAC actually tweaked his knee or b) they knew they had to stretch out the match and had to adjust the ending on the fly. There was one bit where both men were down and the ref talked to them for a while. It was a weirdly paced match, but it could be because of the eyepatch thing.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It seemed like either a) PAC actually tweaked his knee or b) they knew they had to stretch out the match and had to adjust the ending on the fly. There was one bit where both men were down and the ref talked to them for a while. It was a weirdly paced match, but it could be because of the eyepatch thing.

No doubt the eyepatch was a hinderance. I would've thought they would have something gimmicked like what was used in the Jake Roberts/Rick Martel blindfold match. Or just throw a contact in like Jake Roberts did in the lead up to that match. Highly doubtful Mox does another match like that.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

Here is the twitter post about it. I figured he would have stayed with NJPW, but maybe he wants to be home more.

This would be great

Archer has improved so much over the past year in New Japan and legit had one of the most fun matches of the year with Ospreay in Dallas (and no, it wasn't Ospreay carrying the match, both guys did their part)

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think PAC/Mox worked all that well except for that fun bit of brawling around the boat they did, because Mox was mostly playing the face in peril all match and I'm not sure that's his strength, while PAC seemed slower than he usually is. Not a bad match though, just... fine.

Fun episode all around though. The atmosphere gave it a really unique feel for the show. My kids were wondering who'd get thrown into the pool all night and were so happy when it was MJF.

That's so good! It was a really fun moment. Also JR screwing up and saying Sweet Chin Music was pretty great. He also referred to a cutter recently as a "Stone Cold Stunner" so I think he's starting to slip. lol.

I think a good match exists somewhere in the Pac v Moxley match we got but it was way longer than it needed to be. That match should have wrapped up shortly after they finished brawling through the crowd as it kind of dragged after that.
Just watched the Joey vs Fenix match, that was some good shit. Hope Fenix isn't out for long.

Yeah, certainly one of the unfortunate things about that situation is that it was a great match from both men and it seemed like Fenix was going into that match a little hurt too (they call out Fenix having his lower back taped up at the start of the match). So I kind of wonder if Fenix was injury bound but the thing that pushed him over just happened to be Janela's really stupid and dangerous spinning package piledriver (though the driver he did to him just before that on the apron probably didn't help things). That move reminded me of the piledriver off the top or second rope he did to Darby awhile back in that it just looked sloppy and dangerous which is a shame as I like Janela and think he's generally solid in the ring and generally not dangerous but this is a bad look for sure so I think Janela might have a tough hill to climb after this. At the end of the match you could see on Janela's face he knew he messed up so I definitely feel for him.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointed Moxley didn't have an awesome eyepatch or at least what he had last week.

Having episodes like this on the cruise is great, makes the wait for PPV's more bearable having these almost mini PPV's in between as episodes of Dynamite.
It looked interesting and different.
They didn't commit the greatest sin of not throwing someone in the pool! My money would've been on Janela going in but MJF getting thrown in was satisfying.

Hangman has been brilliant and crowdsurfing whilst drinking was priceless.
Wonder who's going to benefit from the implosion in The Elite...

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Some still really hate it. Only thing that annoys me about that is when some are like VoW and ignore that not everyone agrees about that in the same way they do the NC. Like NC is SUPER SUPER horrible and Dark Order is no where near that level at this point.

NC is pretty universally disliked while I'm convinced that the Dark Order is only hated by people who hate fun things in wrestling. The people who hate the Dark Order fall into the same camp as the people who hate Statlander thinking she's an alien. To me, wrestling is at its best when it's fun and the stuff that I tend to find the most fun in wrestling is the weird stuff.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Good old "security error" lost my review I spent half an hour on so I'm just gonna say that I loved the tag title match, 6 man + main event, loved the MJF and Britt post match angles and in general just enjoyed the show more than the BATB episode, this show had a more unique look and vibe to it.

Main negative was the crowd, they were in general very good but they detracted from the main event when they got too smarky with the passing boats, hopefully next years show can lose some of the obnoxious smarks and get in more of the typical AEW crowds.

Putting aside the match, the Britt angle was perfect, she hasn't presented well as a face and I feel live crowds have just played along with face Brit but have actually wanted to boo her for a long time, she just hadn't given them a valid reason yet. AEW picked a good crowd and the perfect victim to facilitate the turn.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Got my tix for Rochester! Presale code is AEWROC. Never got it with the newsletter signup but about two minutes of Reddit detective work and it was easy to figure out how they come up with these codes.

Could've gotten tickets right on the floor across from the hard camera but decided against it as they weren't front row. My wife is maybe 5' on a good day and no way was I going to make her night a struggle trying to see. Got first row lower level across from the hard cam.

Fucking stoked. First live wrasslin' show in 20 years!

edit: and now I just got the email with the presale code FLEETROC so I guess there's a couple different ones.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Got my tix for Rochester! Presale code is AEWROC. Never got it with the newsletter signup but about two minutes of Reddit detective work and it was easy to figure out how they come up with these codes.

Could've gotten tickets right on the floor across from the hard camera but decided against it as they weren't front row. My wife is maybe 5' on a good day and no way was I going to make her night a struggle trying to see. Got first row lower level across from the hard cam.

Fucking stoked. First live wrasslin' show in 20 years!

edit: and now I just got the email with the presale code FLEETROC so I guess there's a couple different ones.
Got my tickets to Prudential! I didn't even knew that a pre-sale code was needed so I put AEWPrudential and it worked! Got lower bowl tickets in Section 8 and I can't be more excited! 🙌🏽🙌🏽

Edit: My wife and son are both 5 feet tall and the lower bowl is just perfect for them. It will be a complete vacation for us since it will be the first time my son will visit NYC. He will be stoked!

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Got my tickets to Prudential! I didn't even knew that a pre-sale code was needed so I put AEWPrudential and it worked! Got lower bowl tickets in Section 8 and I can't be more excited! 🙌🏽🙌🏽

Edit: My wife and son are both 5 feet tall and the lower bowl is just perfect for them. It will be a complete vacation for us since it will be the first time my son will visit NYC. He will be stoked!

Nice have fun! Hit up the comic shops while you're in NYC. I'm not about that life, but they're the only places in the city where people use words like "please," "excuse me," and "thank you" I swear lol.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Nice have fun! Hit up the comic shops while you're in NYC. I'm not about that life, but they're the only places in the city where people use words like "please," "excuse me," and "thank you" I swear lol.
Thanks! My son has an enormous list of locations he wants to visit. We'll have the time of our lives!

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
How I think they could fix Dark Order in AEW?

1.Leader reveal of Lance Archer
2.His first act is to recruit Lucha Bros
3.They turn on uno and dos and beat them up and kick them out for making a mockery of the order.
4.They squash the minions.
5.Smash bros tag team return as they do comedy bits over time with folks like Best Friends and The Librarians and others deprogramming them from their cult experience.
6. Meanwhile dark order starts letting guys like Silver and Pentagon do more singles stuff with the occasional beat downs dished ut by Archer chokeslamming folks or other stuff via interference.

Thoughts? Good or bad idea?

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Dark Order has already been fixed! Replacing the main two members isn't fixing it anyway, it's making a new team.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Order has already been fixed! Replacing the main two members isn't fixing it anyway, it's making a new team.
That's the point lol.
Uno and Dos are far better at comedy face stuff and it's hard to take either seriously as the face of the group. Neat concept for a group but these two dont pull it off imo. Thus why I suggest repackaging the group with the scary types and making minions and smash bros comedy bits a good long while for fun segments since they ain't good at bein scary.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Got tickets to NJ! My first wrestling event ever. How's everyone been enjoying the last couple weeks of AEW?

Awesome dude! My brother and I got tickets in section 8 as well. Gonna be good.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
That's the point lol.
Uno and Dos are far better at comedy face stuff and it's hard to take either seriously as the face of the group. Neat concept for a group but these two dont pull it off imo. Thus why I suggest repackaging the group with the scary types and making minions and smash bros comedy bits a good long while for fun segments since they ain't good at bein scary.

Stu Grayson has been kind of a non-factor in all of this for me but Uno IS the Dark Order. There is no Dark Order without Uno or the creepers. Having said that, I do think they're in need of a significant third member (which it seems like they're working towards based on the video packages). I kind of wonder if they could be working towards having the Dark Order be the first team to hold the rumored AEW Trios belt? I think my main issue with the Dark Order now is that they've over corrected and done too many video packages and not enough live segments or actual matches. Either way, I feel like I need to see more matches with these guys because the bulk of matches they've had so far have been very up and down in terms of quality so I don't actually have a good sense of how I feel about their ring work.

Last edited:

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
How I think they could fix Dark Order in AEW?

1.Leader reveal of Lance Archer
2.His first act is to recruit Lucha Bros
3.They turn on uno and dos and beat them up and kick them out for making a mockery of the order.
4.They squash the minions.
5.Smash bros tag team return as they do comedy bits over time with folks like Best Friends and The Librarians and others deprogramming them from their cult experience.
6. Meanwhile dark order starts letting guys like Silver and Pentagon do more singles stuff with the occasional beat downs dished ut by Archer chokeslamming folks or other stuff via interference.

Thoughts? Good or bad idea?

There's nothing to fix with the Dark Order, the Dark Order is already awesome. Leave it alone and let it develop as it is.

Oct 25, 2017
Didnt think the Britt Baker promo was as horrendous as others are saying. Not bad for a first go in front of a very rowdy crowd. They should give her a sit down interview like she did before the match with Bea.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
What was the angle to the Britt thing though. I'm fairly new to this stuff, but it seemed like she didn't want to do the bit. As an aside, I was surprised to see Priscilla on AEW since I've seen herl at some the first wrestling stuff I went to in person.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
What was the angle to the Britt thing though. I'm fairly new to this stuff, but it seemed like she didn't want to do the bit. As an aside, I was surprised to see Priscilla on AEW since I've seen herl at some the first wrestling stuff I went to in person.

The angle was her turning heel. She's tired of being the role model everyone wanted her to be, she's worked extremely hard to get where she is (she's literally one of the most educated people on the roster, as far as collegiate experience goes), and she was given lofty expectations that she didn't meet and it made her mad.

She literally explained all of that, lol

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Britt Baker deserves some slack. The delivery of her promo wasn't top notch, but people behind the scenes should know how she can come across sometimes. I watched a cooking show on Youtube where she was Brandi's guest and she sounded bored on there also although she probably wasn't. You either need to work with her on that or find other promo outlets that suit her better than a live interview.
What annoys me is that a lot of people criticize the content of her promo itself. All of a sudden people expect Shakespeare when what she said was a perfectly fine heel turn promo that fits her circumstances.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hear me out....Kenny should be the leader of the Dark Order. He loves to ham it up and with his facial expressions....I would love it. I expect no one to agree. I think Kenny would relish the role though.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Britt lacks the performance spark. She needs to get to where she's more comfortable and feel out when it's okay to ham it up and chew scenery a bit more. Both on mic and in the ring. What we have now is Britt turned up just a small amount. She needs to go up to 11.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I definitely don't think the Baker promo was that bad. I wouldn't say anything she does is ever "good" but that was fine. She like Brandi is one of those people in AEW that are always under the microscope.

For how cool the show was last night, it's a shame that a one minute promo is mostly what people are talking about. It's always something.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I definitely don't think the Baker promo was that bad. I wouldn't say anything she does is ever "good" but that was fine. She like Brandi is one of those people in AEW that are always under the microscope.

For how cool the show was last night, it's a shame that a one minute promo is mostly what people are talking about. It's always something.

Human negativity bias, friend.

Let's talk about the good things.
-banger opening tag match
-Adam Page crowd surfing with beer
-Britt Baker officially turned heel!
-Tony Schiavone WTF gif an early contender for gif of the year
-majestic hair! Everywhere!
-sad cowboy face Adam Page
-Joey Janela got blessed by JESUS (I need "Jesus is All Elite" to be reported on Twitter)
-MJF promo! Then MJF getting thrown into a pool
-crowd singing JUDAS was badass
-Jericho on commentary was great
-Marko Stunt in a life preserver!
-Jurassic Express match was FIRE
-one-eyed Mox!
-the venue looked amazing

Dynamite was goddamn aces last night, friends!

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017

I hear you, but I think it speaks to how consistently great these shows are that the one not-so-great thing sticks out so apparently.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I personally enjoyed the promo. It was very laid back, and I loved Jim Ross cutting her off as she started criticizing Tony's teeth. Instead of making her an over the top heel she's just portrayed as a stuck up person and irritating to be around. I have no idea if it was planned or covering for the rest of the promo but I thought it worked brilliantly.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
I personally enjoyed the promo. It was very laid back, and I loved Jim Ross cutting her off as she started criticizing Tony's teeth. Instead of making her an over the top heel she's just portrayed as a stuck up person and irritating to be around. I have no idea if it was planned or covering for the rest of the promo but I thought it worked brilliantly.

I liked that she also worked the "I'm a dentist" line into that. AEW is hyper-aware of the shit their fans say.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

Yeah, I thought JR cutting her off worked well too. I took it as "Welp, let's get away from this annoying, self-serving, eye-rolling insecure egoism. See you after the break and maybe we'll be on to something less sigh-inducing."

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
So, what matches are going to happen at Revolution?

Chris Jericho vs. Jon Moxley
Cody vs. MJF
Joey Janela vs. Kip Sabian??
Riho vs. ???...Shida?? Big Swole?

And what about Kenny and Page? Do they hold the belts until Revolution, or will they lose them on Dynamite to someone before the PPV?

Kenny Omega vs. Adam Page? OR Kenny Omega vs. PAC?
Kenny Omega & Adam Page vs. ???

Still plenty of unknowns. I hope there's at least one trios match and that it involves the Jurassic Express, and that we get Proud 'n Powerful and the Young Bucks in there somehow too.

I hope they build up more than just the top two programs. That was one of the issues I had with the build to All Out: they really only built Cody vs. Spears and Jericho vs. Page. Omega vs. Mox was going to be awesome, but it got delayed and we got the really good Omega vs. PAC match as a replacement. I guess the Bucks/Luchas ladder match also had a good amount of hype going into it too.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Brit as a heel could be a lot of fun. Agreed that she really needs to go for it though, felt like a half measure.

Show was pretty good, a little slower and subdued in comparison with the usual episode, but entertaining. Opening match was probably the best

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I'm thinking we're going to see Omega/Page vs Young Bucks for the belts.

I am also predicting Dark Order (plus or minus the Exalted One) vs SCU.

mantis23

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone seems to be talking about the Hangman heel turn as if it is a foregone conclusion. Am I alone in thinking that the more interesting turn would be Omega? Hangman is super over right now so keep him a face and play up that he is legit going through some depression stuff and Kenny is in fact the "bad guy" for just ignoring it and thinking that Hangman is holding him back. I feel that an Omega turn that coincides with the loss of the tag belts can be the catalyst for his ascension into the main title picture against moxley.

Everyone seems to be talking about the Hangman heel turn as if it is a foregone conclusion. Am I alone in thinking that the more interesting turn would be Omega? Hangman is super over right now so keep him a face and play up that he is legit going through some depression stuff and Kenny is in fact the "bad guy" for just ignoring it and thinking that Hangman is holding him back. I feel that an Omega turn that coincides with the loss of the tag belts can be the catalyst for his ascension into the main title picture against moxley.
There is a sprinkle of this in the narrative and it would actually be super interesting.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

I...would friggin' love this. Do the turn at Revolution or on Dynamite the following Wednesday after they've lost the belts.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I like the sound of it. And in general I do wonder how they're going to handle future midcard/tag belts without devaluing them when guys are being pushed into the main event picture.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
So, what matches are going to happen at Revolution?

Chris Jericho vs. Jon Moxley
Cody vs. MJF
Joey Janela vs. Kip Sabian??
Riho vs. ???...Shida?? Big Swole?

And what about Kenny and Page? Do they hold the belts until Revolution, or will they lose them on Dynamite to someone before the PPV?

Kenny Omega vs. Adam Page? OR Kenny Omega vs. PAC?
Kenny Omega & Adam Page vs. ???

Still plenty of unknowns. I hope there's at least one trios match and that it involves the Jurassic Express, and that we get Proud 'n Powerful and the Young Bucks in there somehow too.

I hope they build up more than just the top two programs. That was one of the issues I had with the build to All Out: they really only built Cody vs. Spears and Jericho vs. Page. Omega vs. Mox was going to be awesome, but it got delayed and we got the really good Omega vs. PAC match as a replacement. I guess the Bucks/Luchas ladder match also had a good amount of hype going into it too.
I had this in my deleted post.

I think Kenny pulls double duty with a match vs PAC then a tag title defense.

My guess is, if Mox is winning, that Kenny loses to PAC then Kenny & Page lose the belts to the challengers.

Page turns on him afterwards, citing personal issues with PAC meaning more to Kenny than defending the titles.

PAC has been asking for the match for a long time and Kenny has kept denying it.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I had this in my deleted post.

I think Kenny pulls double duty with a match vs PAC then a tag title defense.

My guess is, if Mox is winning, that Kenny loses to PAC then Kenny & Page lose the belts to the challengers.

Page turns on him afterwards, citing personal issues with PAC meaning more to Kenny than defending the titles.

PAC has been asking for the match for a long time and Kenny has kept denying it.

I hadn't thought about the idea of Kenny pulling double duty. I could see that being a potential route to take just as you've laid out.

I think it's pretty clear we're going to get Omega/Pac 3 at some point but I really have no idea when. I think we're also headed for an Omega/Page feud at some point, but again, I have no idea how we're going to get there. I figured both of those matches would either have already happened or had a more obvious set-up but then they went and had Omega/Page win the tag belts. So I'm past trying to predict it at this point. I think another good example of how you think you can see where they're going with something, but then they go a different direction that makes perfect sense. I really like how logical but unpredictable the booking has been. Remains very refreshing to me.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is Kenny and Page vs Young Bucks with the Young Bucks winning and Page turning because he feels that Kenny was not trying hard.