• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This week! On the Homecoming Edition of Dynamite, 1/1/20:

EMvELJwXsAE9reB.jpg:small

Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks vs "The Bastard" PAC & The Lucha Bros.

EMttNufW4AEJsag.jpg:small

"The American Nightmare" Cody vs Darby Allin

EM83sdTWoAADNO1

AEW WOMEN'S WORLD TITLE MATCH
RIho (c) vs Nyla Rose vs Britt Baker vs Hikaru Shida

EM4OJ4bXUAAtsqp

Jon Moxley vs Trent

EM6pwSeXkAAoDWd

Sammy Guevara vs Dustin Rhodes

EMuXhx7WkAIews4.jpg:small

EM1O_xTXkAYMbht

Ring in a new decade with a lil' bit of the bubbly every Wed. on TNT.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My wish list for AEW in 2020:

• More trios matches (starting the year with a bang!!!).
  • Cody, Jericho and Mox putting over new and young talent (fingers crossed for Darby going over Cody).
  • More women´s matches (starting the same) and less Riho is too thin or she always wins by pins complains.
  • Mox to get the title sooner than latter.
  • SCU to drop the tag belts soon to the Young Bucks, Lucha Bros or LAX.
  • A good long Cody vs Marty feud.
  • Swagger to get the boot.
  • Hire more women´s and start the tag division around June/July.
  • More tv segments to put over new or unknown talent.
  • For this place to kill the Punk or NJPW partnership with AEW q:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
All I hope for is a quick abandoning of dark order as a serious team. They only worked in the indies as a chucklefuck tag team of comedy and they'd only work that way now.

Also I hope the njpw talent exchange gets goin. The oWE stuff was stillborn due to visas, mexico hasn't shown up since lucha bros and they need more bodies out there.

I honestly pray they somehow acquire bandido, and rush someday. The singles division could use worked like that. Shame pentagon wont go singles star. Hed help a lot if he did.
I kinda feel like Timothy Thatcher might work in this fed. Big charismatic and strong ain't on the roster. Probably work well with folks. I'd use him vs Darby in his build and then run him vs misc like page.

What they really need is a submission expert though on the card. Shame Riddle and Strickland are both Vinces now and Gresham ain't comin.

A pair I wish was still around was the motor city machine guns. Their style and their mic work would do wonders plus they were each fantastic singles dudes,But 10 years too late.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The show in Dallas was legitimately the best live wrestling show I've ever been to. Really love the product they're putting out right now. It's starting to feel less weird being excited about wrestling again. Looking forward to this year. Hopefully they figure out a few staple gimmick matches, at least for PPV rotation. Speaking of, my wish would be for the PPV prices to be cheaper in the US. >.>

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
I'm hoping Dynamite takes more of a serious turn this year. I'm cool with the funny promos and segments with guys like Jericho and MJF. That stuff is great. And I love me some stables and all the rivalries they can create. Give me a bunch of them. But let's tone it down with the silly/weird stuff like the nightmare collective angle and even the dark order thing unless it's going somewhere good. I don't mind giving stuff a little more time but if it's not cool and fans aren't buying in, abandon ship on the goofy angles.

I don't mind silly/fun characters like Stat or JE but at least make the stories a little more serious.

Other random things I want:

An intercontinental title. Women's tag titles. More of the good video promos that they play online to air on dynamite too. More of the high quality, sports like documentaries for the big events. Like the one they did for Full Gear. A title change on a Dynamite episode at some point would be awesome. And let people on the roster actually wrestle. Can we finally get an Orange Cassidy singles match? Is Wardlow ever gonna squash someone? I mean, come on. Seriously.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Give me a Kenny Goatmega title run in 2020 pls. Glad they're finally coming to So Cal , even if it is Ontario yeeesh iykyk

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They also need a Dark exclusive mid card belt that gets defended every show to help develop some talent and give them a good amount of singles matches. Have them even defend against local indie talent to keep some matches fresh.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Excited for the start of 2020 with an episode of Dynamite. Hope they come out strong with this episode. Card looks decent.

Just to the opposite of what Paul Heyman is doing and I think they'll be ok.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
After I dropped the WWE cold turkey last year due to the Khashoggi stuff, it's been great to have another wrestling option on weekly national TV (in addition to NJPW on NJPWorld, AAA on Twitch, and the various indies that are streaming online).

Overall, I think they've done a great job and as long as they are sustainable in the long run, that's the main thing that matters.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Looking forward to AEW in 2020. Think they have most of the tools, but need to do a better job of using some of them and putting them together.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
After dropping WWE in 2016 fully I gave up on American wrestling. Following The Elite and Kenny got me to find fun in wrestling again along with NJPW and NXT giving me my fix. AEW has been the best thing in American wrestling for me. Yeah no ones perfect and mistakes have happened.

By and far it's still better than anything WWE Raw/Smackdown has done. It's nice to be invested and want to tune in every week again. So here's to a great 2020.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Happy New Year, everyone! Hope you have an AEWsome 2020.

PS I'm in Australia, so it counts.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
My biggest hope is that people in general stop questioning and nit-picking the shit out of the product. I think we're past the point of having to worry that this is going to be a WWE/TNA clone.

I wanted to do some AEW year end awards:

MVP: Jericho- he's been a perfect first champion and is having one of the best runs of his career. The biggest thing that stands out to me is how he's used his position to elevate so many people- Page, Allin, Sky, Jungle Boy, Guevara. He truly understands the role of a heel.

Women's MVP: Riho- a lot of hand wringing lately because she's not on every week, but she was such an anchor for a very sparse women's division early on.

Breakout star of the year: Darby Allin- there's a lot of contenders for this one but I think Darby stands out the most. He's so unique in his style and presentation and story. I'm hoping a win over Cody pushes him to the next level tomorrow night.

Match of the year: Cody vs Dustin- I was pretty apprehensive about the product in the beginnings of DoN, but this match turned the tide and showed me that this promotion really was going to be something special. That match was just such a perfect culmination of everything that goes into making a great wrestling spectacle.

Women's match of the year: Riho vs Sakura- had a nice back story, some legitimate emotion from Sakura, and I think was the best joshi match they put on so far.

TV match of the year: Moxley vs Allin- one of the most thrilling and engaging TV wrestling matches I can remember. These two are perfect for each other, and I look forward to a bigger match with bigger stakes (ie title) between them in the future.

Event of the year: Double or Nothing- I've enjoyed all of their PPVs, but I still think the first had the highest highs. As mentioned, the Cody/Dustin match was an amazing spectacle, and the Moxley debut at the end sealed it.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After Lucha Underground's downslide I honestly didn't think I'd ever watch a weekly live wrestling show anymore. I think they have a LOT of room to improve, and I don't think it's going to be the game changer everyone was hoping it'd be, but it's nice to have other decent wrestling out there.

I hope they do try to improve, there's too much good wrestling out there to have their only measuring stick be Raw and SmackDown.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I hope in the new year that the following happens in AEW:

Scorpio Sky leaves SCU
Rey Fenix and Pentagon split for a while
Nightmare Collective turns into something, or they drop it altogether
Omega title reign
New tag teams
Actually doing something with the women's division
Moxley vs Omega 2
Mid-card title introduced with Darby as the first winner

Dec 29, 2017
I hope in the new year that the following happens in AEW:

Scorpio Sky leaves SCU
Rey Fenix and Pentagon split for a while
Nightmare Collective turns into something, or they drop it altogether
Omega title reign
New tag teams
Actually doing something with the women's division
Moxley vs Omega 2
Mid-card title introduced with Darby as the first winner

Same here.

I'd also want some sort of annual tournament. Also, a good old fashioned cage match. I haven't seen one of those in a while.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
- Rey Fenix wins the mid-card title
- Jamie Hayter wins the women's title
-Scorpio Sky becomes the AEW champion
- Kenny Omega title reign
-Private Party wins the tag-team titles
-The Dark Order becoming a stronger heel stable

Bacalao

Oct 27, 2017
It's 2020. You know what that means.

All I want is for Luke Harper and his lovely big boot to appear on my TV screen Wednesday nights on TNT sometime in 2020.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I'm super hyped for the coming AEW year. New Year's resolution: pay less attention to the reporting on the ratings war and just enjoy the shows.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
Ready for another exciting year for this piss-ant company.

Been a long time since a weekly wrestling show has been this good.

Luschient

Oct 30, 2017
Was binging on season 5 of Peaky Blinders and came across this song.

Page needs this as his theme asap, shit is fire.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Not expecting a happy New Year's Eve over here so I'm just glad I get to wake up to Dynamite tomorrow.
It's going to be an especially shit New Year's for me as well, just because of circumstances in my life right now, but yeah, a new Dynamite is something nice for me to look forward to.

Then I start a new job Thursday, so some good things finally.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
It's going to be an especially shit New Year's for me as well, just because of circumstances in my life right now, but yeah, a new Dynamite is something nice for me to look forward to.

Then I start a new job Thursday, so some good things finally.
As I suspected, things took a turn like 10 mins after posting that.

Anyway good luck for Thursday!

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I'm super hyped for the coming AEW year. New Year's resolution: pay less attention to the reporting on the ratings war and just enjoy the shows.
We've decided in our podcast that we won't cover the rating wars regardless of the outcome starting January. It's pointless and it detracts from the wrestling discussion.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

AEW 2019 review show starting in about 30 minutes

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Seen there was another wrasslin' wedding last night. Clicked the article and I'm embarrassed for all involved.

Bless AEW. Jonesing for some new Dynamite.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Dark seems to be the repackaged Christmas Best Of Special they had on Fite last week instead of the Dynamit episode.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
All I hope for is a quick abandoning of dark order as a serious team. They only worked in the indies as a chucklefuck tag team of comedy and they'd only work that way now.

Also I hope the njpw talent exchange gets goin. The oWE stuff was stillborn due to visas, mexico hasn't shown up since lucha bros and they need more bodies out there.

I honestly pray they somehow acquire bandido, and rush someday. The singles division could use worked like that. Shame pentagon wont go singles star. Hed help a lot if he did.
I kinda feel like Timothy Thatcher might work in this fed. Big charismatic and strong ain't on the roster. Probably work well with folks. I'd use him vs Darby in his build and then run him vs misc like page.

What they really need is a submission expert though on the card. Shame Riddle and Strickland are both Vinces now and Gresham ain't comin.

A pair I wish was still around was the motor city machine guns. Their style and their mic work would do wonders plus they were each fantastic singles dudes,But 10 years too late.

I've already joined the Dark Order. What do I do if they go away? :(

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
Terrible. Imagine the negative attention you'd get wearing that anywhere but a wrestling show. Of course, that goes for most wrestling shirts, I guess. They should've just done something like the one he wears all the time.
You can order the shirt he wears on his actual "website." It comes in a package with a big orange sticker on it that looks exactly like the logo on the AEW shirt.