• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what else to say about Nyla winning so I'm just going to share my quote from the other thread. This shit means so much.

So my complaints about Riho were mostly erased during this championship match. I'm never going to like her 619, but other than that she stuck to the strikes that look good. And I know people don't like it, but I've enjoyed seeing Riho suplex people much bigger than her. It only seems to happen when she's fired up, and it's usually treated like a burst of energy. I can buy it. This match was awesome.

Also, Vulture found my Twitter and just seeing someone like my tweet made me tear up again. Fucking AEW.

<3 <3 <3

This got lost in the rapid fire posts about Cobb since it happened right after, but I really wanted to reiterate how much it meant to my 13yo who identifies as they/them to witness wrestling TV history live with Nyla Rose winning the championship. They were over the moon excited about it, even though they love Riho, too. I know they aren't perfect. I know they have people with trash political views on their roster. But at least they do try in other ways that matter, and I do give them major kudos for that.

<3 <3 <3

AEWera is best era! Love y'all!

Dark matches

Best Friends v. Hybrid 2
Statlander v. Diamante
Big Swole v. Christi Jaynes
Young Bucks v. QT Marshall and Peter Avalon w/ Leva Bates

Yooooo Dark is going S(tat)-tier!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Best episode of Dynamite yet in my opinion. Legit popped when Jericho announced Jeff Cobb. I'm a sucker for rumour and leaks but it always feels so good when something hasn't leaked. Was a massive surprise!

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Really enjoyed Dynamite, they packed tons into this weeks show and everything worked for me.

Opening with the tag title match was a solid choice and I thought the brief Dark Order promo at the start added an extra sense of urgency to me. Christopher Daniels left ringside to take care of the Dark Order but never returned 🤔. Match was fun, crowd was really into Page, it was nice to see SCU working more heelish.

Then after the match ended, we got a funny visual as Dark Order came out while Kenny's music was playing, it really worked for me. To preview the upcoming tag battle royale, all the teams came and had a big scuffle which ended with Young Bucks standing tall at the end.

Following that up was a JR interview with Santana where they dig into Santana's back story and why Mox's attack on his eye upsets him so much. It was a really great promo, no doubt helped that Santana was drawing from real life trials and tribulations, but like others have said about Santana (and Ortiz), it makes you wanna root for him. A real shame that so many will have switched the TV channel over and missed this.

The announcers then come back and immediately cut to a new video promo from Darby Allin, this time it is shot in first person and Darby, who cannot speak yet, is delivering a promo via cardboard signs, like Sammy would do during ad breaks. Darby wants Sammy at Revolution. Nice, short and simple.

Next match is hometown boy Dustin Rhodes vs Sammy Guevera.

The match itself was fine, I preferred the match they had at Jacksonville more but this was good still. After the match Dustin got on the mic to challenge Jake Hager to a match at Revolution. The match was made official later in the evening. It's about time Hager did something more than just stand around every week.

Following this up was another Tony interview with Dr Britt Baker, where she claimed she was just doing Yuka a favour and removing a bad tooth for free, which I liked. Then Britt took the mic and insulted the Texas crowd with something to do with burgers. I kinda missed it. Whatever it was she said, they gave her nuclear heat for it. Heel Baker continues to work, just keep it going.

I'm not gonna lie, I know why AEW didn't put the women's title match on last but I still wish they would have this time, not just because there was a title change but because Nyla has been pushed as one of the faces of the promotion from day one. Whenever you see Cody, Brandi and the Bucks do some photo shoots for PR, magazines etc, they always bring along Jungle Boy, they always bring along Nyla. But I guess ratings trumps all.

It was very enjoyable match from Riho and Nyla, I liked the callbacks to their first match with Nyla getting frustrated early on and going for a table and immediately backfiring. It was really back and forth, you never got a sense who was gonna take it until Nyla hit her finisher. Riho took so much to finally put down and looked fantastic in defeat. I'm sure some people will be greatly upset that Riho was picking up Nyla for moves but those people watch professional wrestling so the joke is on them.

Nyla heads backstage expecting the entire roster to be clapping and a bottle of bubbly to be waiting for her to celebrate with, instead she's met by Tony Khan, a disappointed Kenny Omega and a few unimpressed members of the women's roster. Tony Khan offers an awkward hug which Nyla blows off, Kenny offers a congratulatory handshake which Nyla again blows off and the women just look on dismissively. Nyla isn't a fan of this at all. This was great.

We then cut to Jericho and the IC being interviewed backstage and Jericho is again very upset at Moxley's attack on Santana's eye. Jericho announces that he has brought in Jeff Cobb to AEW to face Moxley next week. My only impression of Cobb was in last years G1. He was kinda hit or miss. I like his wrestling style. AEW needs more big boys. I'm looking forward to the match next week.

How good was MJF vs Jungle Boy?

The announcers were playing up how this could be a future world title program and man let's hope that happens because this match was much better than I expected. Jungle Boy looks better and better with each outing, he still maybe tries a little too much at times but he's getting much better at delivering his stuff in a smooth, crisp fashion. The match isn't gonna be everyone but I'm more than confident that MJF is going to be able to hang with Cody at Revolution after watching this. Anyway...with the help of Wardlow and his diamond ring MJF cheats to win. This was my favourite match on the show, probably my favourite match on Dynamite for a good few weeks actually. Normal Wife Brandi joined the announcers for the match and she was absolutely fine, this wasn't annoying heel Brandi shitting on the product, this was just Brandi relaying her past experiences with MJF and putting over how much of an asshole he is. And if you've seen Brandi and MJF on pre-Dynamite AEW then you know there's a strong hatred between these two.

I'm not sure what was funnier; JR getting extremely upset on Brandi's behalf @ MJF grabbing his crotch and telling Brandi to be with a real man or Brandi's retort to MJF's crotch grab saying that MJF was just calling for Wardlow.

KENNUHHHH....yep it's time for another PAC video package and yep it was another strong one.

The show ends with Mox vs Santana and tbh I wasn't into it. It just seemed off and I don't know if that was because of both guys playing up the eye patch gimmick or if they hadn't worked before and hadn't developed a chemistry. Not that it mattered, Mox won as you'd expect then got beat down by the Circle, as you'd expect. I figured one day Mox is gonna have someone come down to help him, maybe Darby, and then music hits and unexpectedly it's Jeff Cobb, who comes down to a decent reaction and hits his finisher on Mox. Cobb stands tall over Mox along with the Circle to end the show. Match disappointed. Post match made up for it.

A very strong show, roll on next week, roll on Revolution.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Nyla vs Riho stole the show, but let's show some appreciation for the lowkey best sequence of the night:

Future world title match right here.

But damn, those Riho suplexes were so fire. And I loved when she went nuts with the double stomps. Thought it was over there. Best she has looked even if it was in defeat. I think Shida is gonna be next up for a title shot though. Her and Nyla work so well together.

Queen Stat's time will come...

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Has anyone giffed the sequence where Jungle Boy's disapproving face pops up behind MJF? LOL
Nyla vs Riho stole the show, but let's show some appreciation for the lowkey best sequence of the night:

But damn, those Riho suplexes were so fire. And I loved when she went nuts with the double stomps. Thought it was over there. Best she has looked even if it was in defeat. I think Shida is gonna be next up for a title shot though. Her and Nyla work so well together.

This sequence ruled so hard. I was popping. What a match.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Following this up was another Tony interview with Dr Britt Baker, where she claimed she was just doing Yuka a favour and removing a bad tooth for free, which I liked. Then Britt took the mic and insulted the Texas crowd with something to do with burgers. I kinda missed it. Whatever it was she said, they gave her nuclear heat for it. Heel Baker continues to work, just keep it going.

Britt made fun of Whataburger, which in Texas is a cardinal sin.

Tempys

Dec 11, 2017
I have 2 extra seats to the Boston show, due to a miscommunication, Section F6, Row C Seats 1-2, PM if interested.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
they still show this "Jake from State Farm" commercial!???!?
It seems like an updated version of the old commercial.

Okay, how the hell did Moxley vs Ortiz become the weakest match of the night. It only goes to show how amazing last night's episode was. Congrats to Nyla and I can't wait for the next set of matches.

Last edited:

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Nyla changed her Twitter name from Nyla Rose Beast to Nyla Rose Gold. Not significant, but she's a good follow.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
One more thing...

You and I were right that night, and we shouldn't ever let anyone else forget it.

tumblr_n2r88kZDZZ1s6rdz2o1_500.gif

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
The new Britt Baker direction is fantastic. She's an insanely good heel, she has the perfect "why are you even talking to me? you're not on my level" persona.

My hot take of the night is that I'm ready for something to develop in the Mox/Jericho feud that isn't "Mox fights dude in the IC, beats dude in the IC, gets jumped by the IC". I don't know if we're building to something with someone finally coming to save him, but as of right now, it's been the same for a few weeks.

Overall though, that was such an awesome episode of Dynamite. There wasn't a match I disliked. The Nyla/Riho match, in particular, was REALLY good.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Nyla changed her Twitter name from Nyla Rose Beast to Nyla Rose Gold. Not significant, but she's a good follow.

Lol that's hilarious. Edit: ha and another one! ☝️ I gotta get on Twitter.

And yeah congrats to the few who were right about Britt. I was calling her a heel from the start, but I didn't think she had this in her.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
Man last night's episode was so freaking good! When the main event is the weakest match, you know it's a good episode. Not gonna lie, I wanted Riho to retain but how can I be upset with any winner when that women's title match was so amazing? Easily the best women's match I've seen on AEW, it was sooooo damn good! The Jungle Boy vs MJF match also stood out, was better than I was expecting. Also oh man Jeff Cobb! I first saw that guy at the MSG NJPWxROH show and I thought he had one of the best matches on it. He also had some damn fine matches on last year's G1, so I'm pretty hyped for him to show up in AEW! I feel like I could keep going on about this episode but it would just be rambling recap of a show all of you have already watched, but damn it was so good. Next week seems like it's gonna be awesome as well!

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Nyla Rose is really entertaining and good on the mic. This should be a fun ride.

They need to release the backstage stuff from yesterday.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I ain't no wrasslin expert, but MJF was pretty great right? People here were concerned over his in-ring qualities.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I ain't no wrasslin expert, but MJF was pretty great right? People here were concerned over his in-ring qualities.

That was a low-key fantastic match. I don't know how he and Cody will work together, but Cody is going to overbook the fuck out of the match at Revolution and I'm here for it.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I mean, there are people here to advocated against Riho's abilities. Lets just say not everyone is the best judge of ability and that's fine.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
Dynamite was so damn good last night. Congrats to Nyla Rose, she deserves it and that match was FUCKING AMAZING.

I'm not familiar with Jeff Cobb's previous work or his run in ROH, but he seems rowdy. Smart to pair him with the Inner Circle to start with. The rest of the card was stellar too, MJF vs. Jungle boy especially. Next week in ATL is a PPV quality card, especially that surprise Lucha Bros title match. Probably a zero percent chance they win it, but a Lucha Boy can dream.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Nyla Rose is really entertaining and good on the mic. This should be a fun ride.

They need to release the backstage stuff from yesterday.

It was on Fite. Pretty funny stuff. She said "All your base are belong to us, Kenny" and also went on about how Jericho at least had cheese and crackers, and she did an imitation of "the bubbleh" too. She's going to be great and likely surprise a lot of people when she gets a mic in her hand.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I don't think Cobb is legit with AEW full-time. He has that ROH booking at Supercard, and they've referred to him as "a mercenary" (think Jericho said this?) and "a hired gun" (AEW Twitter).

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Last night's show was so good. There have been better individual matches, but I can't think of a show that was better from top to bottom.

I can't believe how good the Nyla/Riho match was. I was pretty sick of Riho and ready for the title to change, but man, she looked so good in that match it almost made me want her to retain. It was the right decision, though, and I'm excited to see what they do with Nyla as champion.

On another note - anyone want cheap seats to Revolution? I've got 228-G-8 and 228-G-9 available, PM me, I can transfer them. They're only $20 seats, so I'm not really going to bother trying to sell them.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
It was on Fite. Pretty funny stuff. She said "All your base are belong to us, Kenny" and also went on about how Jericho at least had cheese and crackers, and she did an imitation of "the bubbleh" too. She's going to be great and likely surprise a lot of people when she gets a mic in her hand.
I'm looking forwards to seeing her in more matches on Dynamite. Nyla vs Shida? Nyla vs Statlander? Yes please.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Maybe a slightly contrarian take, but I feel like Moxley has slightly cooled off the last couple of weeks and that he needs to get a mic in hand and say something new/different. Either that or trash Shad Khan's car. LOL.

This week felt like a holding pattern, which isn't a bad thing, but I'm wondering if we're gonna stay in that holding pattern against Cobb next week, or if we'll get something different.

If anything with AEW, I've learned to trust the process, so I'm not too worried. Just wondering about Moxley's "readiness" to take the belt from Jericho. They've done a great job with the story overall:

-Mox declines invite to IC in epic fashion
-Mox's eye gets stabbed
-Mox uses the car gifted to him by Jericho
-Mox cuts promo saying Jericho is a bully and has no code or honor, unlike him
-Mox stabs Santana's eye in retribution with the car keys from Jericho
-Mox goes through Sammy, Ortiz, and Santana

Feel like we need a reminder of Mox's motivations going into Revoltuion. Still two weeks to ago, so I'm confident we'll get them.

Last edited:

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Apparently last nights show was roughly 200 tickets shy of a sell out. The arena was set up for a little under 4,300 seats and AEW managed to sell over 4000.

Dec 29, 2017
I wonder if the whole Jeff Cobb temporary signing is Jon Moxley's idea. I remember the Moxley/Cobb match in the G1 last year wasn't very good. I think it was right before their match that Moxley's elbow infection flared up. I wonder if their next match is a "I owe you one" from Jon Moxley.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the whole Jeff Cobb temporary signing is Jon Moxley's idea. I remember the Moxley/Cobb match in the G1 last year wasn't very good. I think it was right before their match that Moxley's elbow infection flared up. I wonder if their next match is a "I owe you one" from Jon Moxley.

None of Cobb's matches in the G1 were very good really.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Where is the confirmation that Cobb is temporary??

Not only did his entrance last night to close out the show hint heavily that he will be a main fixture, the following All elite tweet has always been for wrestlers who have signed with the company. Apart from the fictional characters, of course.