• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Where is the confirmation that Cobb is temporary??

Not only did his entrance last night to close out the show hint heavily that he will be a main fixture, the following All elite tweet has always been for wrestlers who have signed with the company. Apart from the fictional characters, of course.

There's multiple reports saying he's still a free agent and is just signed for this angle. But that AEW has been very interested in bringing him into the fold.

He wants to be able to work a lot in Japan and other indies, so they're not going to get him exclusively. I bet they work with him more in the future though.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Where is the confirmation that Cobb is temporary??

Not only did his entrance last night to close out the show hint heavily that he will be a main fixture, the following All elite tweet has always been for wrestlers who have signed with the company. Apart from the fictional characters, of course.

Wrestling Observer noted he is a still free agent and plans to stay that way. Right now, as far as AEW concerned, he is there just for the Mox/Jericho angle.

He wants to work other places, Japan in particular.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Really enjoyed Dynamite, they packed tons into this weeks show and everything worked for me.

Opening with the tag title match was a solid choice and I thought the brief Dark Order promo at the start added an extra sense of urgency to me. Christopher Daniels left ringside to take care of the Dark Order but never returned 🤔. Match was fun, crowd was really into Page, it was nice to see SCU working more heelish.

Then after the match ended, we got a funny visual as Dark Order came out while Kenny's music was playing, it really worked for me. To preview the upcoming tag battle royale, all the teams came and had a big scuffle which ended with Young Bucks standing tall at the end.

Following that up was a JR interview with Santana where they dig into Santana's back story and why Mox's attack on his eye upsets him so much. It was a really great promo, no doubt helped that Santana was drawing from real life trials and tribulations, but like others have said about Santana (and Ortiz), it makes you wanna root for him. A real shame that so many will have switched the TV channel over and missed this.

The announcers then come back and immediately cut to a new video promo from Darby Allin, this time it is shot in first person and Darby, who cannot speak yet, is delivering a promo via cardboard signs, like Sammy would do during ad breaks. Darby wants Sammy at Revolution. Nice, short and simple.

Next match is hometown boy Dustin Rhodes vs Sammy Guevera.

The match itself was fine, I preferred the match they had at Jacksonville more but this was good still. After the match Dustin got on the mic to challenge Jake Hager to a match at Revolution. The match was made official later in the evening. It's about time Hager did something more than just stand around every week.

Following this up was another Tony interview with Dr Britt Baker, where she claimed she was just doing Yuka a favour and removing a bad tooth for free, which I liked. Then Britt took the mic and insulted the Texas crowd with something to do with burgers. I kinda missed it. Whatever it was she said, they gave her nuclear heat for it. Heel Baker continues to work, just keep it going.

I'm not gonna lie, I know why AEW didn't put the women's title match on last but I still wish they would have this time, not just because there was a title change but because Nyla has been pushed as one of the faces of the promotion from day one. Whenever you see Cody, Brandi and the Bucks do some photo shoots for PR, magazines etc, they always bring along Jungle Boy, they always bring along Nyla. But I guess ratings trumps all.

It was very enjoyable match from Riho and Nyla, I liked the callbacks to their first match with Nyla getting frustrated early on and going for a table and immediately backfiring. It was really back and forth, you never got a sense who was gonna take it until Nyla hit her finisher. Riho took so much to finally put down and looked fantastic in defeat. I'm sure some people will be greatly upset that Riho was picking up Nyla for moves but those people watch professional wrestling so the joke is on them.

Nyla heads backstage expecting the entire roster to be clapping and a bottle of bubbly to be waiting for her to celebrate with, instead she's met by Tony Khan, a disappointed Kenny Omega and a few unimpressed members of the women's roster. Tony Khan offers an awkward hug which Nyla blows off, Kenny offers a congratulatory handshake which Nyla again blows off and the women just look on dismissively. Nyla isn't a fan of this at all. This was great.

We then cut to Jericho and the IC being interviewed backstage and Jericho is again very upset at Moxley's attack on Santana's eye. Jericho announces that he has brought in Jeff Cobb to AEW to face Moxley next week. My only impression of Cobb was in last years G1. He was kinda hit or miss. I like his wrestling style. AEW needs more big boys. I'm looking forward to the match next week.

How good was MJF vs Jungle Boy?

The announcers were playing up how this could be a future world title program and man let's hope that happens because this match was much better than I expected. Jungle Boy looks better and better with each outing, he still maybe tries a little too much at times but he's getting much better at delivering his stuff in a smooth, crisp fashion. The match isn't gonna be everyone but I'm more than confident that MJF is going to be able to hang with Cody at Revolution after watching this. Anyway...with the help of Wardlow and his diamond ring MJF cheats to win. This was my favourite match on the show, probably my favourite match on Dynamite for a good few weeks actually. Normal Wife Brandi joined the announcers for the match and she was absolutely fine, this wasn't annoying heel Brandi shitting on the product, this was just Brandi relaying her past experiences with MJF and putting over how much of an asshole he is. And if you've seen Brandi and MJF on pre-Dynamite AEW then you know there's a strong hatred between these two.

I'm not sure what was funnier; JR getting extremely upset on Brandi's behalf @ MJF grabbing his crotch and telling Brandi to be with a real man or Brandi's retort to MJF's crotch grab saying that MJF was just calling for Wardlow.

KENNUHHHH....yep it's time for another PAC video package and yep it was another strong one.

The show ends with Mox vs Santana and tbh I wasn't into it. It just seemed off and I don't know if that was because of both guys playing up the eye patch gimmick or if they hadn't worked before and hadn't developed a chemistry. Not that it mattered, Mox won as you'd expect then got beat down by the Circle, as you'd expect. I figured one day Mox is gonna have someone come down to help him, maybe Darby, and then music hits and unexpectedly it's Jeff Cobb, who comes down to a decent reaction and hits his finisher on Mox. Cobb stands tall over Mox along with the Circle to end the show. Match disappointed. Post match made up for it.

A very strong show, roll on next week, roll on Revolution.
I'm getting hyped again just reading your recap.

God DAMN that was such a good ass episode.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That was a low-key fantastic match. I don't know how he and Cody will work together, but Cody is going to overbook the fuck out of the match at Revolution and I'm here for it.
I mean, there are people here to advocated against Riho's abilities. Lets just say not everyone is the best judge of ability and that's fine.
re: mjf

I just wanna this is one of my favorite sells in AEW yet

og93zHP.gif

The guy's a real performer

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
These guys will sell literally anything lol
www.prowrestlingtees.com

Jon Moxley - Eye Patch

<p>Made of Soft Foam + Elastic</p> <p>Patch size is approximately: 2.76 x 2.76 inches</p> <p>All Merchandise is owned by All Elite Wrestling, LLC. </p><p> All t-shirts unless otherwise noted are 100% preshrunk cotton </p><p> All garments are made to order, please check size chart before...

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
www.prowrestlingtees.com

Jon Moxley - Eye Patch

<p>Made of Soft Foam + Elastic</p> <p>Patch size is approximately: 2.76 x 2.76 inches</p> <p>All Merchandise is owned by All Elite Wrestling, LLC. </p><p> All t-shirts unless otherwise noted are 100% preshrunk cotton </p><p> All garments are made to order, please check size chart before...
tenor.gif

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
www.prowrestlingtees.com

Jon Moxley - Eye Patch

MEEERCH FREAK

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I wonder if the whole Jeff Cobb temporary signing is Jon Moxley's idea. I remember the Moxley/Cobb match in the G1 last year wasn't very good. I think it was right before their match that Moxley's elbow infection flared up. I wonder if their next match is a "I owe you one" from Jon Moxley.
According to Dave Meltzer, it was actually Cody who always wanted to have Jeff Cobb.

OP
OP
Bronx-Man

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the past three months the biggest points of contention against AEW were:

• Dark Order
  • Britt Baker
  • Adam Page
  • Nightmare Collective

and in three months they solved all of them. Round of applause to Tony & the gang.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY

• Dark Order
  • Britt Baker
  • Adam Page
  • Nightmare Collective

and in three months they solved all of them. Round of applause to Tony & the gang.

You could pretty much throw the overall Women's division in there, but that has also been fixed. Nyla with the belt as a monster heel works so well, and she should just go a few months wrecking everyone.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Cobb's debut was sort of weird but if he's really not fully signed to AEW i guess it makes sense to play up the "free agent/hired gun" thing. He'd be a much better monster for the Inner Circle than Hager though.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

• Dark Order
  • Britt Baker
  • Adam Page
  • Nightmare Collective

Same, it's pretty amazing. The issues have either been scrapped entirely, heavily modified to make them fit better, or surprisingly become over as fuck.

Last night was close to perfect wrestling television for 2 hours.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

• Dark Order
  • Britt Baker
  • Adam Page
  • Nightmare Collective

Turns out when your audience isn't made up of people that have been watching for so long, they can't stop that it forces you to actually produce good content.

651110060528762883.png

Bacalao

Oct 27, 2017

• Dark Order
  • Britt Baker
  • Adam Page
  • Nightmare Collective

I'll add the technical issues on there, which they have now seem to have ironed out completely. The presentation of the TV product has been almost flawless the past couple of weeks and the weird audio issues that seemed to plague the show every Wednesday are now a thing of the past.

I'll echo the sentiments of everyone saying that they have hit their stride. This truly feels like the alternative wrestling company people were clamoring for and I for one couldn't be happier.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
So last night after the show ended Cody was throwing Justin Roberts tie into the crowd. He asked who wants the tie and then one of the bucks shouted 'Brian Danielson does' and Cody gave him a strong side eye.

some inside joke I'm missing? I know brie and Danielson are in SoCal so I assume they may be friends IRL?

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Issues people have been complaining about at various points since AEW got on the air:

-production mistakes
-tag team rules
-not enough vignettes/character pieces/promos
-Nightmare Collective
-the women's division
-expecting too much from the audience when it comes to knowing who The Elite are
-Dark Order
-rankings
-50/50 booking of tag division with no clear hierarchy of superior/pushed teams

Still have to iron out a few of these, but they've adjusted a bunch of this stuff.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
So last night after the show ended Cody was throwing Justin Roberts tie into the crowd. He asked who wants the tie and then one of the bucks shouted 'Brian Danielson does' and Cody gave him a strong side eye.

some inside joke I'm missing? I know brie and Danielson are in SoCal so I assume they may be friends IRL?

daniel Bryan was fired from wwe (and then rehired) for using his tie to choke Justin Roberts

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
daniel Bryan was fired from wwe (and then rehired) for using his tie to choke Justin Roberts

This. When the Nexus first debuted and attacked Cena, Bryan was one of its members.

He and Roberts had a spot, I assume unplanned, outside the ring where Bryan attacked Justin and choked him with his tie. Vince (or someone in corporate) saw it and WWE almost immediately fired him afterwards.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
This. When the Nexus first debuted and attacked Cena, Bryan was one of its members.

He and Roberts had a spot, I assume unplanned, outside the ring where Bryan attacked Justin and choked him with his tie. Vince (or someone in corporate) saw it and WWE almost immediately fired him afterwards.

Imagine firing Bryan Danielson.

Rapture

Oct 26, 2017
www.prowrestlingtees.com

Jon Moxley - Eye Patch

I know what I'm going as for Halloween this year!

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
You also get "hot takes" like this little boy.

LOL. Fuck.

People were deadnaming, and there's a "fan" account that's nothing but, including the aforementioned. Ugh.

And the amount of people saying "Switched over to NXT" was just annoying too... but worth it for the reply that said "This is not an airport, you do not need to announce your departure".

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
People were deadnaming, and there's a "fan" account that's nothing but, including the aforementioned. Ugh.

And the amount of people saying "Switched over to NXT" was just annoying too... but worth it for the reply that said "This is not an airport, you do not need to announce your departure".

Just mute and block without remorse. I let my mental health get too affected by arguing with obstinate Twitter randoms several months ago, but since taking a break and coming back with this new philosophy, things have gone much smoother.

Everyone has an opinion, but not all of them have to matter to you or be taken with any degree of seriousness or honest engagement.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I hope Cody and TK can lure Chris Bey to AEW. BTW, I really liked how they swerved everyone with Cobb. I actually shouted "Holy shit!" out loud. Good stuff.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
I find really hard to believe AEW has all those production quality and work (entrance theme, titantron, calling him "all elite" on twitter, promoting the person and expose him so hard just for ROH to take advantage of that, etc) for a wrestler just for 1 fight.

Hope Cody can bring some light to this but i thing theres more happening under the river with the Cobb deal than we actually know.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I find really hard to believe AEW has all those production quality and work (entrance theme, titantron, calling him "all elite" on twitter, promoting the person and expose him so hard just for ROH to take advantage of that, etc) for a wrestler just for 1 fight.

Hope Cody can bring some light to this but i thing theres more happening under the river with the Cobb deal than we actually know.
Yup, that's how I feel. The reveal was too big, and Cobb is fighting too high-profile an opponent, if he was just going to disappear after a week or two. He may not be under exclusive contract but I would be amazed if he hasn't at least signed to wrestle X number of dates for AEW.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Cobb apparently has a ton of upcoming dates with ROH, NJPW, PWG, and indie stuff around Wrestlemania. Based on that, it's unlikely he's under any kind of contract until that stuff is done. Seems like he likes working all over the place right now.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Cobb apparently has a ton of upcoming dates with ROH, NJPW, PWG, and indie stuff around Wrestlemania. Based on that, it's unlikely he's under any kind of contract until that stuff is done. Seems like he likes working all over the place right now.

My only problem that makes me doubt is the amount of exposure and hype AEW does to Cobb just to other promotions capitalize that. Even after what happened with Mercedes Martinez.

I dont doubt that Cobb wants to wrestle everywhere, but there might be something there we dont know, not just "1 or 2 fights deal"

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
My only problem that makes me doubt is the amount of exposure and hype AEW does to Cobb just to other promotions capitalize that. Even after what happened with Mercedes Martinez.

I dont doubt that Cobb wants to wrestle everywhere, but there might be something there we dont know, not just "1 or 2 fights deal"

I really don't think AEW is too concerned about that considering much of their roster works indie dates anyway. ROH might as well be an indie at this point and both Moxley and Jericho have recently worked NJPW shows.

AEW also calling Cobb a "hired gun" on their social media so I think that is pretty telling.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Meltzer said RE: Women's title match that Riho is the biggest ratings draw in the women's division so it's a brave thing to take the title off her, whether us internet dorks feel the timing is right or not :)

(For the men it's Jericho, Mox and Cody as you'd expect).

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Have to wait to see how they book Nyla with the belt but Riho always managed to get the crowd into her matches. I'm not sure Nyla will be able to do the same unless she has a good opponent.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017

There's definitely a bounty, so he might just be brought in sporadically in AEW as needed.

Maybe he can be bribed away from fighting Mox with the Ford GT lol