• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
There's multiple reports saying he's still a free agent and is just signed for this angle. But that AEW has been very interested in bringing him into the fold.

He wants to be able to work a lot in Japan and other indies, so they're not going to get him exclusively. I bet they work with him more in the future though.
Wrestling Observer noted he is a still free agent and plans to stay that way. Right now, as far as AEW concerned, he is there just for the Mox/Jericho angle.

He wants to work other places, Japan in particular.

Ah ok, thanks for the the updates.

The njpw anglenis interesting, aew should be able to cinch a deal with him as they already have guys working now and Japanese dates anyway.

Just glad he is on a much bigger stage in the us. Dude is crazy talented.

I can't even scroll through my IG feed in public anymore because of Sadie Gibbs, has to unfollow her lol

so much ass and titty pics out of nowhere

Fucking subbed. IG is for all sorts if thirsts anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, get Wardlow not to care about winning but just injurying Cody (and doing all kind of heel shenanigans). Get Cody to "win" by being thrown against a wall and breaking it by Wardlow. Wardlow looks like a beast, Cody can go injured into Revolution to give MJF a better reason to win.

Edit: It also works because we know MJF really doesnt want to wreslte Cody, so trying to make him not to have the "medical clearance" would be smart.

I'm on board with this. I thought it made The Big Show look incredible when it happened years ago.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Have a spot in the match where Wardlow has it won, he can just walk out the door/climb over but MJF stops him and tells him to go back and hurt Cody some more, maybe hands him a chair or something then Cody surprise attacks him, uses the chair and gets out the cage.

Wardlow only loses because MJF got greedy and wouldn't let him leave.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Have a spot in the match where Wardlow has it won, he can just walk out the door/climb over but MJF stops him and tells him to go back and hurt Cody some more, maybe hands him a chair or something then Cody surprise attacks him, uses the chair and gets out the cage.

Wardlow only loses because MJF got greedy and wouldn't let him leave.
The match is confirmed to only be winnnable by pinfalll or submission

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
So while celebrating my parents 50th anniversary tonight, the pub was playing NXT from the local cable channel, and maybe I was missing something because I didn't have volume... but there was nothing at all appealing about what I was seeing. And there was a match featuring that Gargano guy, didn't seem as impressive as I was expecting.

It's it because I've not really been following NXT? The crowd seemed tiny and there didn't seem to be much enthusiasm from either the wrestlers or commentary (when cutting to them).

Maybe I've just been spoiled by AEW.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
So while celebrating my parents 50th anniversary tonight, the pub was playing NXT from the local cable channel, and maybe I was missing something because I didn't have volume... but there was nothing at all appealing about what I was seeing. And there was a match featuring that Gargano guy, didn't seem as impressive as I was expecting.

It's it because I've not really been following NXT? The crowd seemed tiny and there didn't seem to be much enthusiasm from either the wrestlers or commentary (when cutting to them).

Maybe I've just been spoiled by AEW.

I mean, you were watching without volume. LOL. NXT crowds and announcers are generally pretty hot.

The show still isn't appealing to me because...

-it doesn't feel as important/big
-the production is too dark
-it's still WWE

Arguable whether or not the stories they've got going are interesting right now. AEW is definitely more story-focused now than NXT. For pure bell to bell action, NXT is probably still where you wanna go, but if you can't get past the things I mentioned above (like myself), or you want some more story-focused sports entertainment BS in your wrestling (lashings, cars, eyes poked out, etc.), AEW is superior in those areas. Which is funny when AEW was originally pushing itself as the "sports presentation" wrestling company.

Which it still is, but maybe not to the degree that some New Japan marks were hoping.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I didn't mean to turn it into any kind of slinging match, it was more like "Holy shit, is AEW as dull as this without sound as well?!?" I suspect it probably is :/

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, I didn't mean to turn it into any kind of slinging match, it was more like "Holy shit, is AEW as dull as this without sound as well?!?" I suspect it probably is :/

Definitely not. Dynamite pops more off the screen by its production and use of colour alone. Plus, it helps that they generally play to larger crowds. Look at the lighting and everything going on here...

AEW has much nicer window dressing than NXT.

Oct 30, 2017
for the last Philly show, even though AEW tweeted that it sold out in like 2 hours, in reality there were tickets available for weeks and plenty of empty seats at the event. there is still a mad rush and I'll be there for 4 "best available" tickets. hoping for the $100 or $75 tier. I was stuck with balcony seats last time but was able to get better seats later.

I am hosting a web conference for work at noon. I have 2 PC's and multiple monitors, will be secretly trying to get tickets while doing a goddamn presentation

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I personally don't think there's any real need for Wardlow to beat Cody. Wardlow can lose while still looking like a monster. For this match, keeping Cody strong going into the MJF match is a more immediate concern than protecting Wardlow from a L when he's mostly a bodyguard and not in title contention at this stage.

It's all in the follow-up anyway. If Wardlow starts to regularly wrestle following this, and is dominant, nobody is going to remember his losing the cage match. To bring it back to the Spears example that gets thrown around a lot, IMO his losing to Cody wasn't what defined him as mid card. What defined him as mid card was following that up by losing to Moxley and then being involved primarily in lower card angles, often on Dark. (and for the record, I don't have a problem with that- they're using Spears in exactly the role he is qualified for)

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So are we expecting any sellouts at noon today, specifically Double Or Nothing 2?
Funny enough the on sale time for Double or Nothing is 3 PM so they could make it noon for PT. It's going to sell out fast. If I had the money I would go. Looked at the presale and could have got better seats viewing wise than last time. I do think having presales have helped with curbing scalpers getting tickets. They are using AXS again for Double or Nothing, but thats probably because MGM Grand goes through them instead of ticketmaster.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
Damn that last episode was a banger!

I like announcing Cobb beforehand.
I've heard of him but had never seen him, would've been confused if he just appeared.
Throwing out his name like that was genuinely surprising and outta nowhere, keeps you on your toes.
That along with commentary building him up the rest of the night made me actually pop when he showed up, which never would have happened otherwise.

Happy for Nyla, made a great episode an historic one and she deserves it. She's put the work in since the first title match.

She's the best choice to be champ right now, Shida and Statlander might be more peoples choices but they don't have the first title match history with Riho, nor is there an desperately needed immediate storyline hook for the division if they won it now.
Monster heel champ is just the tonic the division needs after the NC and an absent Riho.

Also PnP are THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST!

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Fitts and OhSatan,

Main suggestions I'm seeing if you don't have the equipment for deadlifts is a barbell front squat on the Smith Machine, or single leg deadlifts with dumbbells.

Not sure which would be better for 5x5

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
She's the best choice to be champ right now, Shida and Statlander might be more peoples choices but they don't have the first title match history with Riho, nor is there an desperately needed immediate storyline hook for the division if they won it now.
Monster heel champ is just the tonic the division needs after the NC and an absent Riho.

I like this point. Nyla as champion changes the dynamic of the women's division, whereas someone like Shida or Statlander really wouldn't.

Probably by design, they've done a good job protecting some match-ups vs Nyla too. Seeing her defend against the likes of Shida or Statlander will be fresh match-ups, whereas Riho already went against most of their prominent women so far.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that last episode was a banger!

I like announcing Cobb beforehand.
I've heard of him but had never seen him, would've been confused if he just appeared.
Throwing out his name like that was genuinely surprising and outta nowhere, keeps you on your toes.
That along with commentary building him up the rest of the night made me actually pop when he showed up, which never would have happened otherwise.

Happy for Nyla, made a great episode an historic one and she deserves it. She's put the work in since the first title match.

Also PnP are THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST!

Agreed with all of this. Santana is very good on the mic, and he'll only get better, and he and Ortiz just mesh so well as a team. They're going to be hot faces if they ever get a run in that alignment.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For the past three months the biggest points of contention against AEW were:

• Dark Order
  • Britt Baker
  • Adam Page
  • Nightmare Collective

and in three months they solved all of them. Round of applause to Tony & the gang.

Hopefully going forward people will see that they're going to try and make things work even if we dont like it, and maybe it pays off but they have a good track record, as you point out, about knowing when to change course so far.

I don't blame people, we've been conditioned by WWE for so long to just fucking deal with it till its it's done.

Hutty211

Oct 29, 2017
Just bought tickets for Philly, first show ever as a brand new wrestling fan at almost 40. Can't wait. The seating chart is hard to read, tickets say ringside row B, looks like I'm by the ramp.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
I like this point. Nyla as champion changes the dynamic of the women's division, whereas someone like Shida or Statlander really wouldn't.

Probably by design, they've done a good job protecting some match-ups vs Nyla too. Seeing her defend against the likes of Shida or Statlander will be fresh match-ups, whereas Riho already went against most of their prominent women so far.
There's also Nyla vs Shanna already pre-baked and ready to go if they wish to fire that feud back up again at some point.

Agreed with all of this. Santana is very good on the mic, and he'll only get better, and he and Ortiz just mesh so well as a team. They're going to be hot faces if they ever get a run in that alignment.
They're my fave tag team in AEW, which says a lot given how stacked the division is.
I hope they turn on Jericho and the IC at some point, the pop would be huge.

961b68ace6d3f082-600x338.gif

a7ed88b79394ae90063570aa83ae2fa61d9ad6eb.gifv

Fuck it stick OC with them too.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
Got my Philly tickets for a 2nd AEW show! Section F, by the ring! Not front row though, I think they are in the back.

Oct 30, 2017
got my philly tickets, was seamless and instantaneous. they definitely improved the process since last time. i have good seats but now that i look after the fact, there are better seats same price tier still available. I am doing myself no favors by obsessing over it

Dec 29, 2017
Any truth to the story that there are tensions within the EVPs? Some of the AEW wrestlers were upset with working the Jericho cruise? It was Kenny's not Brandi's decision to kill the Nightmare Collective? Some wrestlers are upset with the Joshi wrestlers?

Whatculture is reporting this.

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
Any truth to the story that there are tensions within the EVPs? Some of the AEW wrestlers were upset with working the Jericho cruise? It was Kenny's not Brandi's decision to kill the Nightmare Collective? Some wrestlers are upset with the Joshi wrestlers?

I'd take that with a big punch of salt unless a few credible dirt sheets report it

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017

Isn't the source for this Rovert? The clown who peddled that crap about AEW having to pay for TV time?

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I don't get the vibe from in-person attendance that anyone is having less than a great time working with AEW. Fan interaction is really positive. Down to Santana and a guy next to me cussing at each other in Spanish. Brandi seemed to be having a super good time post-show. I just don't buy it.

I mean, I'm sure it hurt to have your angle killed, but it's not like they didn't give it time and several change-ups to try and make it work.

I mean, I'm sure there are some people (Spears) that may be less than thrilled with their current booking but almost everyone is booked as a legit threat and most of the roster is on TV at least twice a month + dark. AEWs best asset is they have to get everything in a 2 hour show a week, but it's also costing them the ability to showcase everyone weekly.

But the upside there is you have a single day a week that is booked and even then they seem to be more than willing to make time for indie dates or other promotions.