• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Sloppy ending. There's some drawbacks to letting unscripted talking segments go on for too long, and the rush at the end was one of them.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
That was a fast table match but the actual contents were good shit.

Great episode of Dynamite that prob could've used like 10 more minutes.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
the last portion of the show made me think that taped is the way to go, if only for timing purposes. they wouldn't have to rush like that otherwise

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Think ideally AEW need to negotiate with TNT about going like 5 minutes longer per episode if needed. It's not like anything important comes up after Dynamite.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Damn at that gash on Sammy.

Caught the end of the show and starting from the beginning.

So happy to see the Dynamite intro.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
lmao OC running full speed in the background slayed me

EgGuUGs.gif

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
not a fan of how they booked around that last match. they doubled up commercials in the final quarter and then had matt hardy lose in his first aew match in front of a live audience in the match type he's a legend in.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
not a fan of how they booked around that last match. they doubled up commercials in the final quarter and then had matt hardy lose in his first aew match in front of a live audience in the match type he's a legend in.

He's a legend in ladder matches, not tables matches. He's competed in his share but probably lost more of them to the Dudleys than he won. In fact I almost wonder if this builds to a ladder match between them at some point. Not sure what it would be for but I could see it.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I really enjoyed the show, even though the last bit was incredibly rushed.

And Dynamite is back on Wednesday next week!

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Sammy goes through a table and gets busted open all during picture in picture, wtf where they thinking running a commercial during most of the main event? Some obvious producing errors tonight

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I figured this match wouldn't end the Hardy/Guevara feud, but we'll see. Wouldn't be surprised if something happens next week that leads in to a finale at All Out.

I'm a little surprised at some of the booking but looks like they're slow playing some feuds rather than having everything currently going end at the PPV. I've been over Tony K's obsession with Battle Royales but it does serve a purpose of pushing multiple angles at the same time. Looks like they're lining up Darby/Starks, Archer/Cage, whatever is happening with the Kingston group, plus that is ripe for a big debut.

Still think we're ultimately seeing Brodie vs Cardona but I guess they're going to save that for Dynamite. It does make sense that the TNT title is prioritized for TV rather than PPV.

I'm also guessing we see Bucks vs Jungle Express, which I don't think we've seen yet in AEW. Should make for a good PPV opener.

Another fun show overall.

Superplex

Nov 4, 2017
<3

I'm fine with it

I think Matt is at the stage of his career where he should be used to put over younger performers anyway

TheOneJat

Oct 1, 2018

Agree. This has been built up for weeks, to finish with a 9 minute match which had 2 commercials felt weak. I was fine with Matt winning here, even make a live call on the fly to switch it if need be. Matt bust open once..Sammy once....finish it at All Out.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
The Dark Order segment signaled a couple things to me:

1. Cardona will get the next TNT title shot.

2. Scorpio will be the guy to take Brodie down eventually. That's the seed being planted. I doubt they're going to have Scorpio get another title shot and lose again right away, so I think that's something that doesn't happen again for a while. But he's my favorite to unseat Brodie.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

2. Scorpio will be the guy to take Brodie down eventually. That's the seed being planted. I doubt they're going to have Scorpio get another title shot and lose again right away, so I think that's something that doesn't happen again for a while. But he's my favorite to unseat Brodie.

Wonder when the Silver Rebellion is gonna happen

NoRĂ©N

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Agreed. I want Scorpio to get the belt. but I want it to be a long build for a big pay off. Hopefully in a packed arena.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Really liked the ending of the tag gauntlet match. Not every day you see one of the team members tap out one of their opponents. Good stuff and unpredictable.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I can't get over how good and imposing Brodie is on the mic.

I always thought the guy had crazy ring presence back in the WWE days, but I really had no idea how good of a talker he was.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
The Good
-
You don't realize how important a crowd is until you have a real one for the first time in 6 months. Night and day difference
-The Hangman stuff, especially the shot of him staring in the broken mirror like a supervillian origin story
-MJF and Jon Moxley. 2 masters
-Glad to see Archer back on TV in a prominent role, and BOY i can't wait to see Cage vs Archer at some point!
-the brief parts of the main event that you were able to see looked like these guys were killing each other, which is good! It's a feud where each guy has tried killing the other one, they weren't doing lockups!

The Bad
-Production was all over the place tonight. Quick cuts to commericals out of nowhere, 80% of the main event taking place in commercials, weird mic issues. They need to be better at this, they have almost been doing Dynamite for a year
-That Dark Order stuff up until all the people started running out was bad WWE-style comedy. Why the fuck were they talking about Lawn mowers?

The Ugly
-
I will admit I don't watch that much wrestling these days. I watched the WWE PPVs through Mania, i've cought snipits of WWE TV, I went to an MLW TV taping back in January, I've watched each episode of Dynamite and PPV, and I've watched bits of NJPW. I can easily say that the Big Swole vs Rebel/Penelope match was the worst wrestling match i've seen this year. It was like watching 3 untrained people having their first match.

The last half hour of the show was kind of a disaster, but I liked pretty much everything else up till that point, but my god, That was an awful match and whoever timed this show out should get written up or something.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brodie screaming into the mic is just so unbelievable for me, he needs a manager

Status
Not open for further replies.