• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not the best PPV but damn if it wasn't entertaining. Please never leave Excalibur alone with JR again though. Poor guy had to carry the entire show on his own. JR needs third person.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
That's a fat bonus check for Kenny and Mox, right?

...Right?!?

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
That was the first time I fell asleep watching an AEW show. Shawn Spears is the fucking worst. There was some good stuff but it wasn't great. Didn't care for the main event but its not my thing.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Imma say it Santana and Ortiz are my MVPs of the show. Those cats are entertaining af. Did not expect them to make me laugh and be totally badass at the same time.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
I think the thing that stood out the most is you always got the sense that Moxley was enjoying himself. The fact he kept coming out first after every nasty spot and how animated he was after he won. Maybe it's adrenaline but damn.

As far as contention, I can see him starting a one man war against the inner circle and/or the elite to get his number one contendor. The win itself doesn't count but more now than ever, Moxley is inevitable. That AMP plug and guitar riff is gonna be the glass shatter for AEW

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
They made a point to say this match does nothing for his title opportunities so idk

Not about this match but looking at the rankings:

Cody is out for his promise and feuding with MJF probably

PAC is 3-1-1
Page is 4-2 (but he already challenged jericho and that didnt worked out well)
Kenny is 2-2 and already fought jericho too
Mox is the only one undefeated in singles (sanctioned and unsanctioned matches) so they can build something there.

Probably they will made mox and page and pac fight for n1 contender, but i think the PAC/Page feud is not over.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Mox and Omega saved that ppv, it was ranging from mediocre to decent but those two just put on an excellent show of violence and guts.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
Not about this match but looking at the rankings:

Cody is out for his promise and feuding with MJF probably

PAC is 3-1-1
Page is 4-2 (but he already challenged jericho and that didnt worked out well)
Kenny is 2-2 and already fought jericho too
Mox is the only one undefeated in singles (sanctioned and unsanctioned matches) so they can build something there.

Probably they will made mox and page and pac fight for n1 contender, but i think the PAC/Page feud is not over.

Yeah, Pac losing his streak doesn't really effect much when he still has the best record and the next one up is the guy who beat him. They can build on that easily for a contender feud especially since it's a natural tie-in.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just reading the thread and have to say I said from day 1 JR shouldn't be in commentary. Anyone who heard those New Japan shows could have testified to that.

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
I enjoyed most of the PPV, but I am concerned about that MJF turn. Presumably he screwed over Cody so that he could get his time in the sunshine? Just a weird too-fast turn.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The show for me started out a bit hit or miss, couldn't really get into it but Riho/Sakura got me back in and the main event was fucking great fun.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bad stuff:

Crowd overall
Commentary... It got better near the end because JR was selling the extreme match well, but he was really bad at the beginning. I was missing Tony.
Bucks vs P&P (awful name) was kinda sloppy/low energy
Shawn Spears has little going for him.
Tag title match should not have been a 3 way. And, SCU shouldn't have won. They're the least interesting of the 3 teams. Daniels coming out as another Penta was underwhelming after the reveal and came off as awkward.

Good stuff:

Pac vs Page
Jericho vs Cody and the MJF turn

Great stuff:

Riho v Emi
Omega vs Moxley

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Mox must of used all the ideas WWE and Brock shot down all in one match. Must of been cathartic for him lol

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Does Omega have a losing record in AEW? It seems like he's lost most of his matches

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Star ratings for me

Bea vs. Britt - **3/4
Young Bucks vs. PnP - ****
PAC vs. Hangman - ***3/4
Janela vs. Spears - **1/2
SCU vs. Lucha Bros vs. Private Party - ***1/2
Riho vs. Emi - ****1/4
Cody vs. Jericho - ***3/4
Moxley vs. Omega - ****1/2

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed most of the PPV, but I am concerned about that MJF turn. Presumably he screwed over Cody so that he could get his time in the sunshine? Just a weird too-fast turn.
Yeah it doesn't seem like he was doing it for the Inner Circle. He wanted his turn in the sun and was tired of Cody stealing the spotlight. He turned completely on his own.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Bea vs. Britt - ***
Young Bucks vs. PnP - ****1/4
PAC vs. Hangman - ***1/2
Janela vs. Spears - **3/4
SCU vs. Lucha Bros vs. Private Party - ***3/4
Riho vs. Emi - ****1/4
Cody vs. Jericho - ****
Moxley vs. Omega - ****1/2

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Given how far they went with the violence, it was definitely the right call to put that last over the title match.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Bad stuff:

Crowd overall
Commentary... It got better near the end because JR was selling the extreme match well, but he was really bad at the beginning. I was missing Tony.
Bucks vs P&P (awful name) was kinda sloppy/low energy
Shawn Spears has little going for him.
Tag title match should not have been a 3 way. And, SCU shouldn't have won. They're the least interesting of the 3 teams. Daniels coming out as another Penta was underwhelming after the reveal and came off as awkward.

Good stuff:

Pac vs Page
Jericho vs Cody and the MJF turn

Great stuff:

Riho v Emi
Omega vs Moxley
Aren't they officially called Santana and Ortiz? I didn't think I've seen them billed on screen as Proud and Powerful, even though it definitely shows up on their entrance video.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Bea vs. Britt - **1/2
Young Bucks vs. PnP - ****
PAC vs. Hangman - ***3/4
Janela vs. Spears - ***
SCU vs. Lucha Bros vs. Private Party - ***1/2
Riho vs. Emi - ****1/4
Cody vs. Jericho - ****
Moxley vs. Omega - ****3/4

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Aren't they officially called Santana and Ortiz? I didn't think I've seen them billed on screen as Proud and Powerful, even though it definitely shows up on their entrance video.
I believe they had them officially called that on Dynamite a few days ago but I didn't see any of that on Full Gear. Maybe they realized it was a dumb name?